Page 88 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Im at 230 NL and 1 Votw run and got the bindings. Don't give up hope guys it's worth it in the long run. They look awesome http://imgur.com/E7YNsBn

I'm amazed that anyone thinks the drop rate is bugged or there's some sort of problem or hidden trick we're missing. These were intended to be rare, not a chump skin you can farm in 1 or 2 days unless you were lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    22 NL 44 VoTw /happy dance

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    22 NL 44 VoTw /happy dance

I am green with envy. 111 NL Runs to get 1st binding and currently at 122 VotW with no binding. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    I'm amazed that anyone thinks the drop rate is bugged or there's some sort of problem or hidden trick we're missing. These were intended to be rare, not a chump skin you can farm in 1 or 2 days unless you were lucky.
    And yet they will never be as rare as you say because we can chain-farm them thanks to glitching through walls. Every class deserves a hidden artifact skin to provide a bit of visual diversity. I wouldn't have minded if Thunderfury was rare, but making Outlaw's only hidden appearance a sub-1% drop chance from two different bosses in comparison to other classes is just slightly upsetting.

These is no doubt that Blizzard will fix these shortcuts soon, which kinda forces people who want the skin to chain-farm the kills now while we still can. I, personally, don't want to sit around and farm endlessly when there's no guarantee I will get it even within 300 kills. I'll just run the instance normally over the course of the expansion and hope it drops the way it was intended. Or, like mentioned before, wait and see if AK increases the drop chance.

Is that okay with you? May I do that?

Neltharion's Lair: 45 runs
    Vault of the Wardens: around 160 runs
    AK lvl 6
    Finally done!

Deleted
    250 NL runs and i havent gotten it.This guy joins for his 3rd run and gets it. Sorry but im done.

Deleted
    175 Runs in VotW and 27 in NL, its finally mine!

Deleted
    170 VotW runs, seen 8 drop 7 to people with <30 two of them on the 7th/8th run, and 1 guy with 80 runs. fml /wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I feel you.
    I'm at 207 kills now and I've seen it drop 7 times. 3 times to someone who had a lot of kills and 4 times to some lucky piece of shit.
    People who are lucky are lesser persons? Donald, is that you?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Just a note that if you're after the 100 dungeons 2nd tint for your hidden artifact, the NL speed runs count as a dungeon completion. The achievement is shared between all specs so you can put your sub or assa hidden appearance on while you are farming the bindings to be more efficient.

So i'm not allowed to complain that after spending hours upon hours upon MORE hours I don't get the drop and then someone who's super lucky gets it when they barely put in the time or dedication as other people? yeah no, I have the right to fucking complain.
    I'm with you on this. I just want my 2nd binding so I can be done with it. This is the least imaginative way for them to implement Thunderfury as well.

You have the right to complain, but noone here gives a shit about your luck, so why bother? Such vents are not contributing to the thread and makes you look like an annoying whiner. Suck it up, go again.

So i'm not allowed to complain that after spending hours upon hours upon MORE hours I don't get the drop and then someone who's super lucky gets it when they barely put in the time or dedication as other people? yeah no, I have the right to fucking complain.
    You have the right to complain, but saying other persons are shit, just because some computer rolled their random numbers in their favor makes you look like a Donald Trump voter.

One person getting it after 1 run and another person getting it after 1000000 is the very definition of random and has nothing to do with dedication. You don't get the binding earlier by speed running harder.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2016-10-03 at 06:29 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

It took me literal years to finish my original thunderfury after vanilla ended running it weekly. I picked up running it again with a group near the end of TBC, had a small group of friends who helped in WOTLK every week, and was soloing it throughout Cataclysm every week. One week after our Dragon Soul raid Baron finally dropped his binding. I know 3 people who got both bindings in 1 run. I always figured it was rude to complain about things people have no control over, not sure how to feel now that I know I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfang View Post
    It took me literal years to finish my original thunderfury after vanilla ended running it weekly. I picked up running it again with a group near the end of TBC, had a small group of friends who helped in WOTLK every week, and was soloing it throughout Cataclysm every week. One week after our Dragon Soul raid Baron finally dropped his binding. I know 3 people who got both bindings in 1 run. I always figured it was rude to complain about things people have no control over, not sure how to feel now that I know I was wrong.
    Lets get back on topic. Its getting derailed again. Are any groups using a more legit strat to clear through VotW? Is it possible for 5 rogues to do the 1st and 2nd boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    Lets get back on topic. Its getting derailed again. Are any groups using a more legit strat to clear through VotW? Is it possible for 5 rogues to do the 1st and 2nd boss?
    Yes it is, I ran a few runs of VotW where we cleared the first 2 bosses legit. As long as the rogues in the group have good DPS it really isn't a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Radiofoot View Post
    Yes it is, I ran a few runs of VotW where we cleared the first 2 bosses legit. As long as the rogues in the group have good DPS it really isn't a problem
    Glad to hear this. I know it takes longer but perhaps it will make things a bit easier for non-stop farms without hitting the 1 hour / 10 instance lockout.

23 Ash'golm kills and 8 Dargrul kills recorded in DBM, definitely got suuuper lucky. Went and farmed BGs immediately to get the purple version to match.

Got my Dargrul binding in the mail when I died on one of the kills, so it's probably more like 6 kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long did it take to farm the bg's ?