Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    When you become my mom then I will do whatever you want. Until then Fuck Off. You nor anyone else will tell me what do. I am only playing this expansion cause my best friend wanted me in her guild for raiding..........and o yeah this expansion still sucks. With this comment here this is the last thing I will post on this topic. Have a Good Day.
    hahaha!

"YOURE NOT MY MOM DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO GO AWAY IM NOT LISTENING!"

fucking hysterical, the shit posters on this site. Guy has to be trolling there's no way this is real

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    i'd like to know why people still ask him WoW questions and such. He was the reason for homogenization of classes' cata, MoP and WoD followed his class design structure and look at that ho turned out. So why then are people so interested in what he has to say? not to mention he has nothing to do with WoW at all (for better or for worse)
    It's an interesting inside view of a game developer's opinion. Sort of the same reason why we watch behind-the-scenes with movies.

GC's insight is refreshing, since a lot of devs aren't forthcoming with info related to current or past endeavors. The guy's worked on some big genres... RTS, MMO, and now MOBA. It's fun to pick his brain. Also, he was at the helm when some bad ideas came into WoW, sure, but he didn't make those decisions alone.

Most of all, I like seeing how his brain works. Here's a guy that was a marine biologist and moved into game design. Naysayers aside, he's been pretty successful in the field.

I like the insight to the design questions he answers. I feel he does well in the written word at conveying a decision. I like his take on the gaming world generally and people ask him questions and he answers them, which a lot of devs do not. Does it HAVE to be on MMO champ? No, but I like it as I enjoy reading it.

I sort of wish he still played WoW just to see his thoughts on the modern process and game. I think he'd be fairly openly against the Legendary system in place as he was always a hater on .001% drop rate BiS gear and was part of the elimination of that system.

But it is cool to hear from a designer talk about the inner workings of the design process. A nice tiny peak into a world I'm not apart of, but benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Is he? Is he smart and talented?

Please tell us how you determined that?

What EXACTLY can you point to in WoW and/or LoL that you know for a fact (and can prove) can be attributed directly to HIM and HIS contribution(s)?

As stated above the only few things he has actually taken credit for were class homogenization (which was hated) and LFR (also hated).
    The fact that from the point he joined, around WotLK, the game improved drastically in many ways? All specs mostly viable or playable. Most liked ex pac for many. He even disagreed with many of the over casual elements in the game, as well. I mean, being smart is obvious, just considering the position he's in. I mean if you just read his answers, he's a really cool guy with a lot to give. Not many people in his position give as much info and advice as him. He's a rare breed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    GC prevent skill spamming.

(stop using acronyms for every single word)
    I also thought it was about global cooldowns. Can we change the discussion to global cooldowns? Might be more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You guys still don't understand that WoW has multiple developers that make decisions based on group consensus? You're just going to attribute those things directly to GC? Because that's not how it worked. That's never been how it works.

And to answer your question: GC was in the thick of things and is in an excellent position to give us information. People like to hear from the perspective of developers that work/worked on the game they love.
    Get OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR LOGIC SIR. We don't appreciate or support common sense without hyperbole or logic with out fallacies around here.

Deleted
    He is also responsible for one of the most annoying features aka Transmog aka I can't tell what gear you are wearing unless I read every item you have in your profile.

I like reading his opinions, in general they are intresting. And I do think he did good job as a designer, thinking of gameplay of classes, I think the peak of it was during MoP/Cata.
    After he left the classes have been "streamlined", so everybody and their grandmother can play any spec, any class and be good'ish at it (warrior stance dance, clipping of dots etc being removed, cuz too hard for tiny brain)

But the main issue why I still do rly miss him is:
    Interaction.
    He rly (despite what you say) cared what the players said and he had a talk with us. It was nit easy for him to be the public face, but he handled it better than well.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    mostly because since he left blizzard has gone back to the absolute bare minimum of communication, most they do is organized and scripted interviews.
    This as well. Big part of it. He really did put himself in the trenches and respond as well as can be expected from a dev.

Also, to those claiming he wasn't as smart or as good at his job as folks are claiming. Remember he walked from Blizz right into Riot who is at the cutting edge as well. He didn't down trade, start his own project or go to a little guy. He basically walked from one giant to the next and went through an interview process. He had a good resume, but obviously people in his field highly respect him and that goes a lot farther than the speculations of folks who play games and not work in game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd like to know why people still ask him WoW questions and such. He was the reason for homogenization of classes' cata, MoP and WoD followed his class design structure and look at that ho turned out. So why then are people so interested in what he has to say? not to mention he has nothing to do with WoW at all (for better or for worse)
    For the same reason people still ask Hulk Hogan about wrestling. Just because GC is no longer there, doesn't change the fact that he has a wealth of knowledge about the game and the reasons behind its design.

And frankly making topics like this one - encouraging discussion about the old crab - further contributes to keeping him relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Because he's a talented, smart game designer who has interesting opinions. He's was also the reason for much more communication from the Devs, which has since been reduced. This is along with the obvious fact he has a 1st person perspective on Blizzard, along with previous Blizzard design decisions.
    Also, this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Because people like you actually believe he is the only person who made decisions in wow during his time.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love him or hate him, he is no longer relevant to WoW. As such, posting his opinions of current WoW is no different than posting the opinions of any random from the internet. It does not deserve front-page limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    He's already admitted that he spearheaded LFR and class homogenization.

But ya know... hes likes to run his mouth... so it makes front page news. Anyone notice that riot stopped posting their participation numbers ever since he started working there? The dude is cancer.
    What...?

Just recently Riot released a figure citing ~100,000,000 concurrent League players.* When he joined Riot in 2014, that figure was 27,000,000 ~67,000,000.* I'm all for the shitting on GC circlejerk but holy shit dude, don't just fucking invent numbers or figures to back up your argument.

*estimated :^)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-10-03 at 10:40 PM.

If David Brevik was talking about the inner working of Blizzard all the time, he'd probably get mentioned in the news a lot too.

I see that Brevik resigned from Gazillion entertainment in January 2016 and looking at his twitter feed is a raider in WoW now. He just started Emerald Nightmare. It would be interesting if MMO Champ approached him for an interview to review Legion since he obviously is playing it a lot.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

blizzard should hire him back and give him metzen vacant job

also

"to the ground baby!" 2016

hire the crab back blizzard campaign.

Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2016-10-03 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    You've been here since 2010, you have almost 16k posts (nerd), and yet you seem to think that people care?
    Man, you must've not been reading the front page comments then, LUL.
    You are implying that people that enjoy his feedback would post just to say "hey I like that feedback!" but no, that isn't how it works. Only the people that hate or feel butthurt about his comments feel the need to post about it. as if anyone fucking cares what they have to say.

I'd rather read insightful comments from GC then the utter hyperbolic bullshit that the "haters of Blizzard/wow" decide to spew on these forums daily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ask that to the people that still tweet him @ op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What...?

Just recently Riot released a figure citing 100,000,000 concurrent League players. When he joined Riot in 2014, that figure was 27,000,000. I'm all for the shitting on GC circlejerk but holy shit dude, don't just fucking invent numbers or figures to back up your argument.
    Speaking of inventing numbers... you are comparing a daily log of 27 mil to a MONTHLY log of 100 mil. It is actually 67 mil to 100 mil. In any case... reading comprehension is your friend!

I didn't invent any fucking numbers at all anywhere in my post. I know it can be difficult to think clearly and formulate thoughtful responses when you are starstruck by the greatness that is GC. But come on...

This is and always has been his fan base, a bunch of cherry picking know nothings.

Was my hyperbole regarding GCs contributions correct? No, not by a long shot. In any case his post Blizzard employment elevation to godhood is completely undeserved. But I wouldn't really expect any less from this community... not the brightest crayons in the box nom sayin? Community hates LFR and class homogenization. GC admits to heading those projects... "OMG we love you GC!" *throws panties*

Go figure!
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-03 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What...?

Just recently Riot released a figure citing 100,000,000 concurrent League players. When he joined Riot in 2014, that figure was 27,000,000. I'm all for the shitting on GC circlejerk but holy shit dude, don't just fucking invent numbers or figures to back up your argument.
    100m a month =/= concurrent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.