Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Probably because if the game is WOD again it will die again?
    I dunno. Not being able to progress your character outside of raids or insane RNG luck is pretty bad and why WOD was a disaster.
    Every bit of content needs a gear cap, i think 840 without titanforging is generous for the easy content, and when a new raid tier comes out, they can increase it further.

You're not supposed to get raid/mythic+ quality loot without putting in the effort.

And sorry, even if there was barely any loot from the world quests, there's other motivations (Rep, AP, order hall resources)

At the end of the day, gear rewards are there for you to progress to the next stage, so world quests only need to reward loot to get you into the next stage which would be actual group content (God i know, grouping in an MMO what's the world coming to)

So everything is working as intended I guess? Thats exactly what they promised.

Entry level gear from dungeons and world quests with rare(!) chances of higher itemlvls.
    midlvl gear from heroic raids and/or the weekly mythic+ dungeons chest (lower levels)
    Endgame gear from mythic raids and/or the weekly mythic+ chest (highest levels)

If you dont have any intrest in that kind of content, just do something else until Karazhan is out. That seems to be intended for the more casual group players.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Game is basically raid or die again. Progressing past ~855 ilvl without being a raider is nearly impossible without insane luck.
    I got a question for you. Why do you need to get past 855 ilvl if you do not raid.....

The whole system of getting better gear is for the purpose of clearing the raid and now to clear mythic+ as well in which you can get really good gear.

I got to 863 with only 1 heroic raid loot and the rest is all from mythic +.

WoD did not die because we could not get gear out of raid specifically. There is way more than that factor to consider with it and the main one is the garrison.

Raiding will ALWAYS offer the best gear. If you do not like it, quit already.

I say that and you can get 895 from procs anywhere and if you do mythic 10+, you get a 880 ilvl item in your weekly chest.

It is way easier than it has even been to gear up without effort so stop crying about the devs being outdated and find a good guild to raid with...

You won't need 895 ilvl if you do not do mythic raiding or mythic 10+.

Game is basically raid or die again. Progressing past ~855 ilvl without being a raider is nearly impossible without insane luck. Mythic+ doesn't drop much loot and you have to do +6 or higher to get guaranteed 855+ loot, while being pretty difficulty to do in 845-855 gear. To do higher level M+ you're basically going to have to be in raid gear and be a raider. Anyone who does mostly M+ and world quests will be ~855 ilvl at this point.

Meanwhile, heroic raids are dropping 865+ and mythic raids are 880+. Anyone raiding will be 860+ ilvl at this point. As time goes on, the gap will get even bigger.

This is why we're seeing a lot of threads like this:
    "Flawed gearing system I'm stuck at 845" (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ck-at-845-ilvl)
    "RNG brickwall" (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-RNG-Brickwall)

As more and more people progress and get to this "wall", it will become more apparent and wide spread. It will become more complained about more and more as more people reach this plataeu of gear.

Game is raid or die again. The devs of this game can't get over their outdated archaic raid or die obsession and are going to kill their game two expansions in a row by catering too much to raiders and not giving non-raiders proper character progression.
    no and no try doing mythic+2/3 3 chests and ull get past 860 easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not need to raid to gear up. With easy-to-make mythic dungeon groups and scaling item level drops from dungeons you should have little issue gearing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do the hardest content get the best gear. How hard is that to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    For WHAT do you need such gear? Honestly, these threads are just confusing at this point.

You get ilvl 840+, then you go to raids or mythic+, which are tuned for this gear. Do you need ilvl 860+ to do WQs, really?
    Doing +4 mythics (which are faceroll, about flex raid difficulty) and getting 870 warforged is dumb enough, you actually want more? I cleared M7 in 845 ilvl gear on the first week, and i didn't even use flasks/prepots :/
    Because person A has the raid gear that they worked for and Person B wants it too without having to dedicate the time to raiding for it. They want to be able to logon and get 875 gear for completing a 5 minute task, rather than a 2-4 hour scheduled raid night. They don't need the gear at all, but the fact that Person B cant get it easily, while Person A raids to get it, means that Person B thinks they deserve it freely as well because "LOL RAIDS ARE EASY RIGHT, WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THEM?"
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Game is basically raid or die again. Progressing past ~855 ilvl without being a raider is nearly impossible without insane luck. Mythic+ doesn't drop much loot and you have to do +6 or higher to get guaranteed 855+ loot, while being pretty difficulty to do in 845-855 gear. To do higher level M+ you're basically going to have to be in raid gear and be a raider. Anyone who does mostly M+ and world quests will be ~855 ilvl at this point.

Meanwhile, heroic raids are dropping 865+ and mythic raids are 880+. Anyone raiding will be 860+ ilvl at this point. As time goes on, the gap will get even bigger.

"Flawed gearing system I'm stuck at 845" (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ck-at-845-ilvl)

As more and more people progress and get to this "wall", it will become more apparent and wide spread. It will become more complained about more and more as more people reach this plataeu of gear.

Game is raid or die again. The devs of this game can't get over their outdated archaic raid or die obsession and are going to kill their game two expansions in a row by catering too much to raiders and not giving non-raiders proper character progression.
    I have an 858 item level and only have one item from a raid...

World quest, Mythic+ and professions easily get ppl over 850.

And even then higher item level does not mean best gear. One of my best trinkets is from a WQ and at 840 it shines above every En trinket but one.

There is no wall. There is just ppl not wanting to do anything challenging beyond LFR and heroic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WQ's aren't meant to be a turn point for either raid or PvP, it's not part of those more than being able to reward you now and then.

My partner got a 865 ilvl item from a WQ.

And you don't need high ilvl if you don't do anything but the world content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You are suppose to use the world quests gear to go do mythic+ if you don't want to raid...

You seriously want to just solely be able to get the best gear possible from world quests? So if that was the case, you would use said gear to do...even more world quests? The hell, lmao. The entitlement is real.

Last time I checked you don't need gear to break nuts and catch squirrels, but maybe the ilvl increase will let other people doing that world quest inspect you by chance and be awed at the awesome gear you attained from world quests.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-10-03 at 08:40 PM.

According to posters here, if you don't raid, you should unsub because you have no character progression and no reason to log on or play.
    Surely this worked so well for WOD, right? We want another expac of losing 6 million subs? Yep yep!

If you don't raid you don't need 890s. Your post is meaningless.

If you want "proper character progression" without raiding, here's your path:
    1) World Quests for up to 825 base, plus random warforged stuff.
    2) Heroic Dungeons for 825's, plus random warforged stuff
    3) Mythic Dungeons for 840's plus random warforged stuff
    4) Mythic Plus Dungeons, for all sorts of higher level stuff
    5) 7.1 Karazhan, for 855's plus random warforged stuff

There's your progression. You're welcome. Now stop bitching and go have fun.
    Last edited by Ham on Rye; 2016-10-03 at 08:55 PM.

TBH you don't need higher ilvl to do non raid content. I don't raid or do mythics, I'm at 845 and I can blow though all the content I want to do. I just do LFR for transmogs and to kill Xavius when he'll be there. I'll also likely skip karazhan if it's not queuable but that's another story in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    If you don't raid you don't need 890s. Your post is meaningless.
    Yep this logic worked in WOD.
    HOpe you enjoy half the player base unsubbing.

Deleted
    Then start to raid if u want more gear. This is always how wow has been, ALWAYS. It doesent matter what expansion you look at best gear is raiding gear. And still you act so supriced. If u dont want to raid, then you wont get top gear. its easy. Welcome to wow.

At this point I rather half the player base unsub and have Legion be a complete failure of an expansion if it means you will stop making the dumbest topics.

Umm? You raid. Why are you posting about the non-raiding game?

I am starting to think you like to whine. Your last post was a whine, and you flamed anyone who didn't have an opinion that matched yours.

Also, Mythic+ is currently the best way to gear up. So your post is not only a whine, it's a one that is devoid of a basic premise that is factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    Then start to raid if u want more gear. This is always how wow has been, ALWAYS. It doesent matter what expansion you look at best gear is raiding gear. And still you act so supriced. If u dont want to raid, then you wont get top gear. its easy. Welcome to wow.
    No it hasn't. It may has been that way since YOU started playing, not since the release of the game.

yeh we need some 875's from world quest, feels great to raid for hours to see OH KILL 12 BEARS BETTER THAN MY RAID LOOT.

There's a very good reason to want to get as high ilevel as possible. Everything being your level everywhere you go eventually just becomes a pain in the butt. Wanna fish? max level guys around you. wanna explore? wanna work on professions? pet battle? HAHA, eat max level mob aggro!

The further above the power level of those mobs one can get, the better. (and it kinda gets boring running around getting drops that do nothing for you)

It's no big deal really, but I do wish the upgrades for your weapons were allowed to go a bit higher than armor drops. (in WQ and such)