The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    From simming my character I've almost always gotten an increase when I use higher ilvls, even if there is mastery and versatility on the item.
    That would sketch me out. Especially if there isn't Intellect on the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    The majority of top parses barely touch the spiders (0 starfall casts, unless the player in question has Oneth's Intuition), so I wouldn't really go with that. It obviously depends on your group but the spiderlings should be dying in a matter of seconds (which we're not good at), so my advice would be to focus on the boss and just sunfire the adds for the most part. If the spiderlings do live sufficiently enough I would go with the starfall tactic but if that's the case then I'd argue your guild is not executing that part properly.
    Yeah they basically die 2 seconds after they're all grouped up. I've just been moonfiring all of them as I transition to the other position and then sunfiring when they're grouped and then getting right back on the boss. Guess I just need to cut out any and all needless movement where I can.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    I'm currently working very hard to improve my play in general, once I can consistently 90%+ the bosses I was planning on making something like this that details my thought process as well as how I incorporated all the help people have tried to give me around here. I think it'll take longer than it takes you to learn yourself, however. =)

Also, question guys. I have an 845 shock Baton, which I'm definitely using. Then I have either an 860 Twisting Winds, an 850 Globule, an 840 Int/Vers stats stick and finally an 835 Int/Haste one.

According to sims Twisting Winds is best but looking at the damage breakdown, the proc ends up being considerably more damage theoretically than it is in practice, especially the way bosses have to move in EN (ursoc, Renferal) or how annoying it is when you proc multiple tornadoes on short-lived adds (Cenarius, Vagina-tree, Dragons adds). I'm currently using the int/haste one and I'm worried I'm actively hurting my DPS.
    Use Twisting Winds. It should outperform your 835 stat stick.

Keep running Mythic+ Neltharions in hope of a good rolled Tongue. It's an insane trinket.

I've been quite lucky with trinkets (850 Tongue, 865 Twisting Winds, 860 Chrono-Shard, 860 Shock Baton, 865 Bough).

I've found I get the best results with Tongue/Baton. Have been testing out TW but am uncertain whether it outperforms Tongue/Baton.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Use Twisting Winds. It should outperform your 835 stat stick.

Keep running Mythic+ Neltharions in hope of a good rolled Tongue. It's an insane trinket.

I've been quite lucky with trinkets (850 Tongue, 865 Twisting Winds, 860 Chrono-Shard, 860 Shock Baton, 865 Bough).

I've found I get the best results with Tongue/Baton. Have been testing out TW but am uncertain whether it outperforms Tongue/Baton.
    What kind of damage does Bough average for Balance? It's one of the few damage-proc trinkets I don't have and I'm curious how it weighs against things like Tongue, Baton, Plaguehive, Oakheart's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    What kind of damage does Bough average for Balance? It's one of the few damage-proc trinkets I don't have and I'm curious how it weighs against things like Tongue, Baton, Plaguehive, Oakheart's, etc.
    I haven't really tested it out much. I know one of the warlocks in my guild thinks it's fantastic and procs an insane amount but I'm yet to test it out.

I just rolled a good (860) Tongue, but I'm not sure how it compares to the 845 Shock Baton and 840 Chrono Shard. Just messing around a bit on dummies, Baton seems to proc 4-5x for every Tongue proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebear View Post
    I just rolled a good (860) Tongue, but I'm not sure how it compares to the 845 Shock Baton and 840 Chrono Shard. Just messing around a bit on dummies, Baton seems to proc 4-5x for every Tongue proc.
    Tongue is certainly better than Chrono Shard. The proc is fantastic and the damage adds up a lot.

Tongue is certainly better than Chrono Shard. The proc is fantastic and the damage adds up a lot.
    Really? I've got a spiked tongue sleeping in by bag, using a 830 shock-baton and a 850 swarming plaguehive, and it didn't feel like it'd be an upgrade over either of them.

How much does the distance to target matter in your experience?

Deleted
    It matters a lot, the damage plummets if you're closer than 20 yards (it is halved or more).

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Really? I've got a spiked tongue sleeping in by bag, using a 830 shock-baton and a 850 swarming plaguehive, and it didn't feel like it'd be an upgrade over either of them.
    It depends on their ilvl. If you can stay more than 20 yards away from the boss tongue hits really hard. e.g. 100M damage on training dummy @ 40 yards - 850 Tongue was 5.2% of my damage, 860 Baton only 3.4%. I certainly think baton is better in multi target situation as it seems to proc a lot more often.

How much does the distance to target matter in your experience?
    It makes a huge difference.

Me just hitting the training dummy just then. @40 yards it's hitting for average 264K, @5 yards it's hitting for average 57K.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimiks View Post
    It matters a lot, the damage plummets if you're closer than 20 yards (it is halved or more).
    Oh, so anything greater than 20 yards is the max damage? I thought it was something like the old Halo where it maxed at 20 yards and declined on either side. I'll give it a shot with the shock baton this week. The proc on chronshard is just so huge, so I'm loathe to give it up.

Deleted
    No, staying 20 yards away from your target in a raid setting is hard enough as it is, you don't need to keep a perfect 20y distance :P

Oh, so anything greater than 20 yards is the max damage? I thought it was something like the old Halo where it maxed at 20 yards and declined on either side. I'll give it a shot with the shock baton this week. The proc on chronshard is just so huge, so I'm loathe to give it up.
    20 yards + is maximum damage, yes. Lowest i've seen is quarter damage at melee range, about linear scaling between those two.

At full effect range, it's slightly above baton proc. With the stats, they should be about equal.

840 Chrono Shard w/150 haste gem/850 Naraxxas/850 Plaguehive

For ST, which two would you use, only boss I'd never use Tongue on would be Ursoc because proximity

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'd say Tongue and Hive. Hive should do about the same damage on average, with better stats.

I'm not entirely sure, but i think Tongue counts distance from center, not from hitbox. Haven't really tested lately though.
    It depends on their ilvl. If you can stay more than 20 yards away from the boss tongue hits really hard. e.g. 100M damage on training dummy @ 40 yards - 850 Tongue was 5.2% of my damage, 860 Baton only 3.4%. I certainly think baton is better in multi target situation as it seems to proc a lot more often.
    Should be noted that Baton scales the proc chance with haste(3+haste PPM), while Tongue doesn't(2 PPM).
    Last edited by huth; 2016-10-04 at 06:14 PM.

Just an fyi twisting winds sims more accurately in the most recent simcraft build

Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    I'm a 853 resto Druid and healer since 6 years. I'm lazy to reroll a pure DPS (I don't want to do suramar reputarion again, artefact knowledge...).

So, the stuff between Balance and Resto is "shared", must I only change my trinket ? I know isn't as easy, I oriented my stuff with Haste/CC: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zazõu/simple
    Yep just switch your trinkets to Int/XXX stat sticks or a dps trinkets if you've got them.

'Pawn' is a handy add-on to have because you can put in the stat weights for your OS and be able to pick up upgrades while running mythics.

Thanks ! Do you have numbers to add ton Pawn for the balance druid ?

Gebuz has a pawn string in his guide for easy usage.