Deleted
    How rare were the fire mage etc drops? Might go farm some skellingtons at shield's rest.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourninglori View Post
    How rare were the fire mage etc drops? Might go farm some skellingtons at shield's rest.
    Mine was 5 minutes, but can be 2+ hours.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourninglori View Post
    Took me 5 minutes. Had three other mages from guild farming as well, took one of them 30 minutes, one took 65 minutes, and the other got it after 2 hours.

That as farming the near instant respawn Suramar Loyalists as well.

Deleted
    Reeeally starting to think this'll be a drop from a boss or something. Can't find anything closely related to anything with the apocalypse or words from the flavor text. As if there'll be no dialogue when we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Reeeally starting to think this'll be a drop from a boss or something. Can't find anything closely related to anything with the apocalypse or words from the flavor text. As if there'll be no dialogue when we get it.
    Gating things behind Nightwell, Kharazan or world bosses is a really dick move by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscereality View Post
    Gating things behind Nightwell, Kharazan or world bosses is a really dick move by Blizzard.
    Who said it's one of those bosses?

I have a sinking feeling it's a drop from Festerface with a similar %rate to the other artifact items. The fact nobody's encountered it yet is explainable because, in comparison to those other bosses, Festerface has been fought post-AK4/6 considerably less than other bosses just because of the nature of how VH works as a dungeon.

The outlying issue with this theory, though, is that there's really no way to know of this is true until someone maybe gets it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahkam View Post
    I posted this on discord earlier:

Wasn't sure if this was an NPC from Alpha or related to the artifact hunt.
    wowhead.com/npc=101458/wormgut
    wowhead.com/spell=200022/summon-wormgut
    wowhead.com/spell=200044/cancel-wormgut
    wowhead.com/spell=186935/an-audience-with-the-king

Also this quest was in the artifact category with no reference or follow up mentioned.
    wowhead.com/quest=43406/request-for-the-deathlord
    Quest requires level 98, so it's an old intro quest.

Wormgut is the messenger who shows up to bug you in Dalaran about available class hall quests, and an Audience with the King is the first one, where the Lich King mentally contacts you.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Can we keep running VH on normal to get the festerface encounter?

I think that may be the best and most thorough next step to take. Seems like rogue items could drop on normal, so these should too

Deleted
    Anyone thought to use Impenetrable Faceplate from the class hall quest that allows you to track demons?

15+ Year Old Account
    I edited the thread title and the OP to tell people not to post all the "hey guys i found somebody with the appearance" stuff.

Dunno how much it will help, but even if it stops 1 person from posting about the bug again, it's worth it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Anyone thought to use Impenetrable Faceplate from the class hall quest that allows you to track demons?
    Yeah; I've been trying it every which way since I got it; sadly, like all of the rest of the results, it's gone into the dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    at first I thought it was important, but its just a quest reward that everybody gets, there is cloth,leather,mail versions. So I highly doubt it DK skin related.

So just a thought here. but has any ak6 alliance dk gone and talked to Royal Historian Archesonus? Google says shes still in Ironforge, and mentioned a bunch of times in the Libram of the Dead. Would love to go check myself but something about Forsaken and Dwarfs not getting along too well... And i realize alliance only and all that but I remember reading in that text doc about a dwarvish accent and a unique chat box being mentioned in this thread, so might be a clue, or nothing.
    Last edited by monkeymetalhead; 2016-10-04 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeymetalhead View Post
    So just a thought here. but has any ak6 alliance dk gone and talked to Royal Historian Archesonus? Google says shes still in Ironforge, and mentioned a bunch of times in the Libram of the Dead. Would love to go check myself but something about Forsaken and Dwarfs not getting along too well... And i realize alliance only and all that but I remember reading in that text doc about a dwarvish accent and a unique chat box being mentioned in this thread, so might be a clue, or nothing.
    Human DK AK6. Talked to her but she seems interested only in IF history. No reaction to the AotD too.

But a clue came from Overwatch: Roadhog! He keep saying "I'm a one-man apocalypse." and "Welcome to the apocalypse.". He also uses an "Hook" and keeps breathing strange poisonous green gas... the skin it's sureley a drop from him! as soon as blizz add him in wow :P
    Last edited by mmoc3bea7900a7; 2016-10-04 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Regarding the frost skin, it seems completely unbelievable to me that King Ymiron in MoS is not involved in some way, given that the weapon model is basically a reskin of red sword of courage that he drops in northrend, and given the lich king connection. However I believe it was said by blizz that the frost appearance has something "fun" to unlock it, so not as simple as a drop. Perhaps we can interact with him in a special way, or he is part of a chain of events we are yet to discover. Just thinking out loud.

Why don't we get a group of 4 or 5 dks if we don't need a healer and just spam run Normal VH? Lets wait till a couple have AK7 at least just to be safe.

Will Festerface always be the first boss if hes chosen? or can he be the 2nd? (anytime ive seen him he was the first)

Deleted
    Also don't know if anyone has read the entry for Harbaron in MoS, it goes as follows:

"The mysterious ferryman of souls stands at the helm of the Naglfar, gathering the damned and bringing them to Helya's domain. His connection with the fallen queen of the val'kyr is unclear, but when the breeze catches Harbaron's cloak, an expanse of shimmering stars unfolds beneath. Strange."

Is this Algalon? Or some connection to Algalon?

Quote Originally Posted by AschenStrom View Post
    Human DK AK6. Talked to her but she seems interested only in IF history. No reaction to the AotD too.

But a clue came from Overwatch: Roadhog! He keep saying "I'm a one-man apocalypse." and "Welcome to the apocalypse.". He also uses an "Hook" and keeps breathing strange poisonous green gas... the skin it's sureley a drop from him! as soon as blizz add him in wow :P
    Damn, was really hoping considering she is mentioned on both UH and frost ak7 page in the libram. Got myself all hyped up especially when i read and (in my mind) found a Horde equivalent (Magister Hathorel). But I havent seen him since the Horde was purged from Dalaran in MoP. Oh well, back to ye olde drawing board.