Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Smile Would u like to see artifact knowledge account wide?

So, leveling Alta is a pain because of the artifact grinding mechanic.

A good way would be making the artifact knowledge to be account wide. Use the highest level of AK u have (example: your Dk have level 12, then the next alt will have level 12 too)

Would be best to level an alt

I think it'd be a good change, yeah. Would help alts immensely.

I always assumed it would be before expansion was live.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    That and reputations.
    This. I'd prefer they moved to a per-account system for everything instead of per-character.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    That and reputations.
    This and the OP.

Sick to death of my paladin with its boring rotation and hideous tints for our Ashbringer (Blue and Green? Really blizzard?). Alongside our stupid hidden appearance acquisition.
    Didn't feel like I could have made the switch to hunter because I'm behind on AK and rep.

Hope blizzard dont implement it too late

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This and the OP.

Sick to death of my paladin with its boring rotation and hideous tints for our Ashbringer (Blue and Green? Really blizzard?). Alongside our stupid hidden appearance acquisition.
    Didn't feel like I could have made the switch to hunter because I'm behind on AK and rep.
    I play dh, and after the nerf on havoc peoples now tend to not pickup dhs for mythic...

Before nerf i could find group easily, saturday when i tried go for arcway got declined 17 timw... Court of stars i didnt counted how many times i got declined, but was a lot too

Artifact Knowledge doesn't need to be account-wide because on an alt at 110, it researches it quicker to try to catch up to what it should be if it was your first toon to 110 anyway. I have barely touched my priest since i hit 110 on her, she is AK5 while my main paladin is AK6 and my priest is like a day or 2 behind my paladin. Quit being a baby and wanting everything handed to you just because you leveled one toon to 110 and you want to play all your alts, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY ALL TOONS, unless you are in a top world raiding guild that requires at least 3 raiding toons, which I doubt any of you are because you complain about anything and everything on a site that Blizzard doesn't even read.

As for reps, the only rep that really makes a difference is Nightfallen and even then the grind isn't that hard if you do the WQs as well as the Kirin Tor and Nightfallen emissaries and choose Nightfallen rep from the Kirin Tor one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, its not account-wide already!? Blizz, get on this!
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Wait, its not account-wide already!? Blizz, get on this!
    No, and it won't be!! Because on alts, there is a catch up mechanic! Geez

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    Artifact Knowledge doesn't need to be account-wide because on an alt at 110, it researches it quicker to try to catch up to what it should be if it was your first toon to 110 anyway. I have barely touched my priest since i hit 110 on her, she is AK5 while my main paladin is AK6 and my priest is like a day or 2 behind my paladin. Quit being a baby and wanting everything handed to you just because you leveled one toon to 110 and you want to play all your alts, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PLAY ALL TOONS, unless you are in a top world raiding guild that requires at least 3 raiding toons, which I doubt any of you are because you complain about anything and everything on a site that Blizzard doesn't even read.

As for reps, the only rep that really makes a difference is Nightfallen and even then the grind isn't that hard if you do the WQs as well as the Kirin Tor and Nightfallen emissaries and choose Nightfallen rep from the Kirin Tor one.
    I have job + university at night... Barely have 2 hoirs/day to play...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd love and welcome the idea of account wide knowledge and would be good for rep too
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    I could get behind the idea of having the knowledge being server and faction wide, but not just account wide, that's a bit much.

For clarity, you main horde on Illidan, your AK applies to your other horde characters on Illidan, but that's it.

Yes please. I am all up for long grinds on main for things like Nightfallen rep and AP knowledge... but fek that on alts :P

fuckin a we do, but that makes sense...lets not go to the route that makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post

how do you figure? why punish people for playing a different class behind a literal time gate..nothing else. once you are exposed to the content, you shouldnt have to do it again....and again.....and again....thats plain ridiculous

I thought it was until I hit 110 on my alt
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    I could get behind the idea of having the knowledge being server and faction wide, but not just account wide, that's a bit much.
    How is that " a bit much" beyond making it server and faction? There's almost no conceivable downside - what is important about getting the AK on that server? and if it were server-wide but not account, how would it track it if you just moved a character to another realm?

You'd just be making it harder to implement by having that....

To the OP:

I agree - AK should be account-wide, but based on the highest you have on a single character, rather than doing some kind of aggregating - because then people would just be compelled to get as many characters as possible to the point where they're making AK work orders on every character to add them up. That would just result in Garrison 2.0 in earnest.

I also really want to see them make reputation on one character at Exalted either be account-wide or just make it account-wide, period, and that I'd be ok if you could work at it on multiple characters at once and everyone contributes, but some things only count once per - so e.g. you couldn't get rep on two or more for the story chains, but if you want to do some WQs on an alt, you should still get the rep on that character, even if you don't if you did them again on another. I do think Withered Training should be an exception though, since it's just a royal pain in the ass - and maybe it is, are the tokens account-bound?

and LOL at the guy prattling on about the "catch-up" mechanic. It's shit, and that's the truth. It lowers it down to one day per order at its absolute max, and no one has seen that yet, and let's say it kicks in when the highest you could have is ~15. Well, that's a day per, and it will increase to a higher number 3-5 more times before you even get caught up to what it WAS. That mechanic was poorly conceived, and it's completely needless as they could just make it that your AK is considered the same as whatever is your highest on any character, this way you don't have a problem with people doing it on a bunch of characters to stack it up, and it means you only need to farm a crapton of order resources on one character to make sure you can do the regular stuff AND always roll two AK orders.
    Last edited by Olrox; 2016-10-03 at 11:50 PM.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

The little miss and I realized that inherently, what we should have done is level'd all our alts right away, and then let them all sit on the Artifact Research for the last several weeks. S'what we're aiming to do now, with our free time.

The solution I offered, when we talked about it over dinner, was that artifact research should be accelerated until it matches the highest research level of any active character on your account, but I ventured that from a programming standpoint, that may be very complicated to code, so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This and the OP.

Ret paladins have one of the coolest hidden appearances in the game, it's an actual hidden quest based on something from WoWs history.

Vengeance DH? we get to kill a mob once a day and prey to RNJesus that it drops.

As for AK being accountwide, no? You really don't need to be getting 24,900% AP on a level 101 alts and getting a near maxed artifact before you even hit level cap. It already researches much faster on alts, the amount of impatience on people these days is incredible. You have a year and a half of this expansion at least, but you want everything done in a few weeks. And then you'll just cry that there's nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    fuckin a we do, but that makes sense...lets not go to the route that makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

how do you figure? why punish people for playing a different class behind a literal time gate..nothing else. once you are exposed to the content, you shouldnt have to do it again....and again.....and again....thats plain ridiculous
    The content to level to 110 is a joke, if I sit down now and want to level a new toon to 110 as well as open up world quests (reps to friendly), it would take about 6-8 hours of play, that could be a week to some, or one session of play to others. The reps? Like I said the only one that matters is Nightfallen, get to revered to open up Arcway and Court, as well as all the nice AP quests. The emissaries for each day don't take long at all, those award 810+ gear which helps get into queueing for heroics which in turn help you get decent ilvl to look for groups for mythics.

Screw it, when I get some time to myself, I am literally going to time myself from the moment I start leveling on a new level 100 alt to 110 and see how long it takes to get to 110 and get WQs open, and see how many days of casual play it takes to get to revered with Nightfallen. I am very curious on the numbers for myself and then I am going to realize that some people really are just lazy and want shit handed to them. Thank you MMO forums, I have some fun goals to do in my spare time this expansion when I am not pushing Mythic progression raiding, thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Ret paladins have one of the coolest hidden appearances in the game, it's an actual hidden quest based on something from WoWs history.

Vengeance DH? we get to kill a mob once a day and prey to RNJesus that it drops.

As for AK being accountwide, no? You really don't need to be getting 24,900% AP on a level 101 alts and getting a near maxed artifact before you even hit level cap. It already researches much faster on alts, the amount of impatience on people these days is incredible. You have a year and a half of this expansion at least, but you want everything done in a few weeks. And then you'll just cry that there's nothing to do.
    Have you seen what that stupid 'quest' requires us to do? I'd take a daily random drop any day.