Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

The Void: Is it possible it/they/them transcend all realities too?

Just a theory based on some things we've encountered in game, also based on the lore given.

In WoD when we kill Cho'Gall in mythic Highmaul he mentioned his "master" is coming. If it is to be believed he was already down the path of the Old Gods/Void as the main universe counterpart, I figured it was the same Void Lords as our main universe.

For creatures/beings/entities that are powerful enough to scare Sargeras (well if not them directly, then the ability to create a Dark Titan for him to be directly scared of) I find it hard to believe the Burning Legion is the only force in the great universe - the same universe which saw the Light and the Void as it's first creations - to transcend all realities.

Deleted
    I believe this is the case honestly in context of all the information we have now Cho'gall was uber forshadowing honestly. I also suspect chronicles was in the works or close to done during WOD. The void lords far surpass the titans and Naaru going by the wow chronicles so it would not be suprising they transcend time and reality like demons. Considering they can't even manifest themselves at full power.

If you check about 14:35 of the video listen to his lines. "Your reign has come to an end! The infinite night shall begin!" "Darkness comes!" "Gaze into the abyss! It see's you! It knows!" "Your world shall be swallowed in darkness!"
    Last edited by mmoc1a1d7f3c08; 2016-10-04 at 01:35 AM.

They probably won't touch AU ever again, so I think this question won't have an answer someday.

But if you wanna know the answer it is: If blizzard wants them to transcend realities, so they will transcend realities, if they don't want them to transcend realities, so they won't. Afterall we know almost nothing about the void lords other than they having created the old gods and having some serious trouble manifesting in our plane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    They probably won't touch AU ever again, so I think this question won't have an answer someday.

But if you wanna know the answer it is: If blizzard wants them to transcend realities, so they will transcend realities, if they don't want them to transcend realities, so they won't. Afterall we know almost nothing about the void lords other than they having created the old gods and having some serious trouble manifesting in our plane.
    Honestly this is the most realistic answer. XD

The Light and the Void both predate the creation of the Twisting Nether so I would say yes. Since the Light and the Void both exist outside of our Universe, they therefore exist outside of every possible timeline as well.

Which only raises the question, what makes our timeline and our Azeroth so special?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The Light and the Void both predate the creation of the Twisting Nether so I would say yes. Since the Light and the Void both exist outside of our Universe, they therefore exist outside of every possible timeline as well.

Which only raises the question, what makes our timeline and our Azeroth so special?
    Well our Azeroth is basically in the process of making a new titan. And not just any titan but one of the most powerful in a while. Which is why there is a big fight over us at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account

That answer was already shown, because well Azeroth has a sleeping titan world soul that could be the strongest Titan since forever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That answer was already shown, because well Azeroth has a sleeping titan world soul that could be the strongest Titan since forever.
    I think he is asking the difference between our Azeroth and AU Azeroths, not other worlds.

Because not all the titans trascend to alls reality or this is kinda like in the marvel and dc comics where the protagonist live in the prime timeline and the others are just products in the multiverse

So the Azeroth that corresponds to the Draenor we went to in WoD does not have a titan?

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe our Azeroth is the prime or the "oddity"...maybe its veil is more fragile compared to the others

10+ Year Old Account
    Light and Void are the underlying basis for all things, so probably. There's everything that isn't Light and Void, time, space, matter, elements, magic, life, death, alternate timeways, etc.

And then outside that, there's Light and Void.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Well our Azeroth is basically in the process of making a new titan. And not just any titan but one of the most powerful in a while. Which is why there is a big fight over us at the moment.
    He's asking why our universe is the special one. All those other realities/timeliness/universes have their own Azeroth which is a Titan. But for some reason, our universe is the special one. We are doing so well, that we go to other universes and kick the shit out of the Legion and what not.

There's no other universe Alliance/Horde coming to ours and aiding us. Infact our Universe is doing so well that the Legion pulled Gul'dan from MU and threw it at us.

Some examples of some shittier universes are shown in Warcrimes aswell. So it goes to say that ours is doing pretty well.

Deleted
    I got this impression as well. Actually, that would be the only way for me to kind of accept the arbitrary ending of the Cho'gall arc in WoD, which was honestly one of the very few interesting things about that expansion. If the Nether exists outside the fabric of reality, why doesn't the Void? On the other hand, does that mean that the Light also is one in all universes?

On a side note; I fucking love Cho'gall man. This is one of the very few characters I wouldn't mind seeing again.

Deleted

I think our azeroth is the only one with a titan inside

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    I think our azeroth is the only one with a titan inside
    You know, you could very well be correct with that assumption.

Because the Burning Legion and the Twisting Nether transcend all realities and timelines, then the Titan Pantheon must have transcended all realities and timelines as well. After all, Aman'thul was powerful enough to bestow the responsibility of managing the Timelines to the Bronze Flight, which means that he must have had even greater Time/Universe powers than Nozdormu ever had.

Which means, that the various Titans are perhaps not even from the same Timeline, perhaps World-Souls are so rare that out of the infinite universes, only a dozen or so even had world-souls. And it would explain why alternate Azeroth doesn't matter. Because alternate Azeroth doesn't have a world-soul like ours does.

But then it raises the question: Did the Titans visit alternate Azeroth?

My lore is rusty, but can someone tell me if we know anything about Alternate Azeroth? If there was a Medivh there beckoning Gul'dan?

Otherwise, we could speculate that maybe the Titans never visited Alternate Azeroth at all, and therefore it's still a primal world raging with Elementals and maybe Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    He's asking why our universe is the special one. All those other realities/timeliness/universes have their own Azeroth which is a Titan. But for some reason, our universe is the special one. We are doing so well, that we go to other universes and kick the shit out of the Legion and what not.

There's no other universe Alliance/Horde coming to ours and aiding us. Infact our Universe is doing so well that the Legion pulled Gul'dan from MU and threw it at us.

Some examples of some shittier universes are shown in Warcrimes aswell. So it goes to say that ours is doing pretty well.
    I stand by my response. By "our" I mean literally that. As in our Azeroth is the one I am talking about in my previous comment. That's what makes ours so sort after and not some AU Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth is the name of the world-soul within the planet. If other timelines have an Azeroth (they do), then they have a world-soul also visited by the Pantheon. Blizzard should have stuck with their original idea of the Twisting Nether/Burning Legion being separate.

Deleted
    As the Void and the Light were present before time and space and infact both are made of them, I'd say, yes, they transcend both. But only if we are speaking of those two forces in their purest sense, which is not something that occurs inside reality without reality (I mean WoW-"reality" ofc^^) being destroyed.

Deleted
    You know, you could very well be correct with that assumption.

Because the Burning Legion and the Twisting Nether transcend all realities and timelines, then the Titan Pantheon must have transcended all realities and timelines as well. After all, Aman'thul was powerful enough to bestow the responsibility of managing the Timelines to the Bronze Flight, which means that he must have had even greater Time/Universe powers than Nozdormu ever had.

Which means, that the various Titans are perhaps not even from the same Timeline, perhaps World-Souls are so rare that out of the infinite universes, only a dozen or so even had world-souls. And it would explain why alternate Azeroth doesn't matter. Because alternate Azeroth doesn't have a world-soul like ours does.

But then it raises the question: Did the Titans visit alternate Azeroth?

My lore is rusty, but can someone tell me if we know anything about Alternate Azeroth? If there was a Medivh there beckoning Gul'dan?

Otherwise, we could speculate that maybe the Titans never visited Alternate Azeroth at all, and therefore it's still a primal world raging with Elementals and maybe Trolls.
    You need to remember that there isn't an infinite number of dimensions, there is an infinite amount of possibilities, which are what the Bronze Dragonflight monitors. Only a very tiny portion actually becomes real, though, as seen in WoD, since Draenor is basically a pocket dimension.
    Think of AU Draenor like a ball enclosed in a bubble, out of which nothing else exists. However, pocket dimensions aren't real until someone steps into them. That means AU Draenor didn't exist until Kairoz and Garrosh opened the portal to it.
    That means that there is one main universe and that is ours. There is an infinite number of potential universes, but only a ridiculously small fraction actually becomes real. The Nether, however, isn't a direct part of the universe. There are no infinite possibilites for it

this is were it gets confusing for me, yes the titans did visit alternative Azeroth because they visit our azeroth and from the moment they visited two different outcomes were born, one azeroth which they visited and one which they don't. I don't think the second had any possibility of creating life and when the first was created then all those possibilities of different universes, where titans visited Azeroth, were also born but they are not real unless someone steps on them

so think of our universe as the trunk of a tree, the trunk is the life of the tree and it grows in one direction, the branches are the possibilities of where the tree might have grown and they are part of the tree but they are not the main tree even if we cut them the tree will still live.