Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why would he even bother to pay someone if it's online? He could easily search up the answers himself, or you know, just use the notes. There's little to no reason to fail an out of class exam...

That being said, if you're truly worried about that situation, report it, don't mention a name though. Just say you have concerns about this situation, and that you heard people already trying to bribe the top students to do the test for them. Hell, even the professor alone shouldn't want to hear that and try to change the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even see the reason to cheat, anyway. Grades mean much less than many people realize. Unless you are in a very-very competitive field, like law or medicine. But if you are in such a field, there is no excuse to not study hard and avoid cheating - if someone does so, then they aren't going to get anywhere anyway, so, I'd say, report them, to remove grade competition and people who don't belong in your school.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    If you take it, it means you're easy to bribe. If he gets found out, both of you are fucked. Let them waste their school/aid on their own terms.

Reporting them depends on why they wanted to cheat in the first place. If you know the reason, it should be obvious on whether to report it or tell them to talk to their professor about moving back the exam or extending it for them.
    i have seen some of his works and from what i can tell this person is a weak sauce. but i know this person for a long time.
    this first accounting test is so tough and it is made to fail people.

- - - Updated - - -

the class that he is taking is not an online but in person but this professor wants students to take it online; usually, the online accounting classes require students to take the exams in the assessment center in college but for some reason this professor doesn't use the assessment center for the exams even though his class is not online. The exam is out in the open.
    Last edited by Elian; 2016-10-04 at 01:44 AM.

Cheating is apparently very difficult to prove, but report it anyway. It's worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    i have seen some of his works and from what i can tell this person is a weak sauce. but i know this person for a long time.
    Are the two of you friends? I mean...I'd tell him exactly that and tell him not to feel bad if he fails it.

1; you're a little bitch
    2; if you don't like it tell him no and move on with your life, don't be a little bitch

Infracted - Keep it Civil
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-10-04 at 04:35 AM.

i want to make a complaint to the accounting coordinator who also used to be my accounting professor about this situation.
    So what's stopping you?

At the most I would offer to tutor him, but you're right in not taking the exam for him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

i already said no but i'm wondering if i should report.
    You should or he'll just end up a shady accountant and work for Arthur Andersen.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so, a person has bugging me to take his online accounting exam for him so that he could get a better grade and he is willing to pay me.
    His professor is the only one who uses online exams. i want to make a complaint to the accounting coordinator who also used to be my accounting professor about this situation. everyone else, regardless of the professor, takes exams in class and those exams are made by this coordinator. in the case of this online exam, anyone can cheat by paying an accounting tutor to take the exam for them (sort of like paying wintraders to boost your rating in rbgs in wow)
    i also feel like my hard earned grade on this course is devalued by an occasion like this.
    what should i do?
    Someone keeps asking me to crash my car.

I want to tell him to fuck off, but I think i'd rather go to the car dealership for allowing cars to exist in the first place. I mean, if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be in this situation.

I also feel that, without my car, I can't go to work and sustain myself.

What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Someone keeps asking me to crash my car.

I want to tell him to fuck off, but I think i'd rather go to the car dealership for allowing cars to exist in the first place. I mean, if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be in this situation.

I also feel that, without my car, I can't go to work and sustain myself.

What should I do?
    Wow, Bigzo hits one out of the park in one post. Nice job.

7+ Year Old Account
    i do not want to get this person in trouble but get his professor in trouble for enabling such a behavior of letting students take online exams while every other professors have exams in class.
    Seriously, what the hell is the matter with you? Its no wonder you seek advice on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    just take the money and answer everything single question the same .... " i paid someone to take this exam"...

that should make things interesting.... be wary of repercussions
    This is by far the best suggestion in the thread.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Cheating is apparently very difficult to prove, but report it anyway. It's worth a shot.
    Having been falsely accused of cheating thanks to one of their "measures" to prevent it, "very difficult to prove" seems a bit unrealistic considering their approach to it.

To OP, I totally understand the argument of "I couldn't do it, so why should he be able to?", but reporting him is just...harsh. People make mistakes and stupid choices, some worse than others. While I have no idea of the background of the situation, do you really want to mess with this young adult's future and/or ruin the career of a professor because "muh prides"?

You could easily cost this man thousands of dollars, years of his life, and bar him from ever getting a degree and continuing on with the path he wants to achieve, all because of a single test? If he wanted you to take every test in every class for him, that's one thing, but not for one mistake.

And the professor? Getting him in trouble is little different than suing Ford because a drunk driver killed someone in their F-150. If you MUST mend your wounded pride so desperately, at least leave his career, means to provide for his family, and life out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFlagofWar View Post
    Having been falsely accused of cheating thanks to one of their "measures" to prevent it, "very difficult to prove" seems a bit unrealistic considering their approach to it.
    Maybe it was different for you, but students here tend to sue over this, so we require basically bullet-proof evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Wow, Bigzo hits one out of the park in one post. Nice job.
    Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Maybe it was different for you, but students here tend to sue over this, so we require basically bullet-proof evidence.
    Tried to fight it with the Prof and after being threatened with "moving up the ranks", leading to potentially being expelled from the university even after being told that she "knew I did not cheat intentionally", figured it was best at the time. Plagiarism accusation, for some extra details. Not something you want to mess with your first semester.

Young and dumb, what can I say? Water way under the bridge at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say just leave it after saying no. And not because "Nobody likes a rat" Just let him make his own mistakes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

- - - Updated - - -

the class that he is taking is not an online but in person but this professor wants students to take it online; usually, the online accounting classes require students to take the exams in the assessment center in college but for some reason this professor doesn't use the assessment center for the exams even though his class is not online. The exam is out in the open.
    Dude. Quit blaming the professor for student ineptitude. Tell your friend to grow up and tell the instructor that he's cheating.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    People stop staying this when they hit puberty.
    People stop saying this when they hit puberty.