Poll: What do you think will happen with the WikiLeaks release?

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

WikiLeaks To Release Dirt On Clinton Tomorrow: PLACE YOUR BETS HERE!

Julian Assange, everyone's favorite fugitive and political saboteur, is releasing a massive datadump on Clinton tomorrow after said release was delayed:

After canceling a planned announcement in London, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is now planning to appear via video link Tuesday morning at Wikileak’s 10th anniversary celebration in Berlin. He’s a last-minute addition to the roster of festivities taking place this week in Germany. The change in venue appears to be related to what Wikileaks is clearly implying to be a perceived threat on Assange’s life.

Wikileaks used its Facebook page and Twitter to confirm that Assange would speak at the event, which takes place at 3am Eastern time. According the Wikileaks, the change of venue was made “due to specific information.” Wikileaks did not specify further, but Monday’s Tweet followed several in which Wikileaks alleged that the Clinton camp wants to assassinate Assange.

Sources close to the event tell Heat Street that Julian Assange may be planning to release some new information his organization has obtained about the U.S. Democratic Party. But Heat Street has yet to receive independent confirmation that Assange plans to dump information specifically on Hillary Clinton.

The news that Assange plans to appear (remotely) in Berlin comes after Wikileaks abruptly canceled a much-anticipated announcement in London that was to be made from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy, where Assange has sought sanctuary for years. The cancelation was first reported by NBC News. According to NBC’s Jesse Rodriguez, the announcement was canceled due to “security concerns”.

There had been widespread anticipating that Tuesday’s announcement might have been Assange’s long-promised document dump on Hillary Clinton.

Assange appeared on Fox News last month, repeating his assertion that Wikileaks has damaging documents on Clinton and suggested WikiLeaks may soon release “teasers”. More than three weeks later, that release has yet to take place.

Clinton’s more fervent opponents have hoped for weeks that the promised document dump would be an “October surprise” — damaging and revelatory emails or the like — and inflict a mortal wound on her campaign. There’s no evidence, however, that such damaging information even exists.

It was only this summer that Assange’s group leaked thousands of embarrassing emails from the Democratic National Committee which showed their disdain for Bernie Sanders’ insurgent campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. The uproar over the disclosures forced DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to resign in disgrace on the eve of the Democratic National Convention.

The political provocateur and bomb-thrower Roger Stone, a fervent Donald Trump supporter, predicted Sunday morning that Wikileaks’ revelations would doom Clinton’s campaign.

Assange and his supporters have long claimed that his personal safety is at risk due to the danger he (supposedly) represents to Clinton’s presidential ambitions. Monday morning, Wikileaks via Twitter was promoting the conspiracy theory that Clinton herself has sought to rub out Assange.

In August, liberal commentator Bob Beckel did suggest in a TV appearance that Assange be murdered, proclaiming that someone should “shoot the son of a bitch!”

Assange himself has also recently hinted publicly that low-level DNC staffer Seth Rich, who was murdered this summer in Washington DC, had been the source for Wikileaks’ document dump on the DNC. And that Rich’s alleged role in the leaks was linked to his death.

There has been no evidence linking Rich to the leak and no evidence that his murder was anything more than a botched robbery.

Nonetheless, the Wikileaks’ cancellation of Tuesday’s announcement in London — and the scheduling of the Tuesday video link in Berlin — has anti-Clinton conspiracy theorists working up a frantic stew of speculation.
    So, what do you all think? Will this be a huge blow to Hillary, or is this just a publicity stunt by Assange? Assange already implied that his source on the DNC hackjob on Bernie Sanders was the DNC guy who got murdered over the summer, so he's clearly trying to give the impression that Hillary, or at least people at the top of the DNC, are willing to kill to keep her in the lead. This data dump could be explosive or a huge pile of nothing.

What do you guys think? Place your bets!
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2016-10-04 at 02:34 AM.

Would be surprised if its more than a bunch of nothing. That being said, Wikileaks is just trashing their reputation this year.

"Security concerns" lol is he still trying to push that bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hillary will be the queen of droning if she wins, Assange being the first target.

The left wing are big supporters of Assange, what Wikileaks says must be true.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If he is appearing via video link, not sure how changing the venue will affect any assassination attempt ?

Won't he still be in the embassy ?

Seems like a bit of grand standing to me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It's really sad to see Assange and Wikileaks ruining their entire reputation as some kind of impartial moderator of truth. He's just jumped straight into Putin and Trump's pockets.

Still waiting for him to release a SINGLE THING on Trump like he knee-jerk said he would when Bill Maher asked him.

Their leaks so far have been a mixture of 1) things people should have already known and 2) mundane stuff.

Like you know it's bad when Clinton critics have to resort to taking a mundane email completely out of context to claim Hillary used a racial slur. If there was so much damaging stuff, why make something up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If he is appearing via video link, not sure how changing the venue will affect any assassination attempt ?

The only assassination going on is Assange's assassination of Wikileak's reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

He should be careful, the Clintons have no problem blowing up embassies, just ask the Chinese.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The only assassination going on is Assange's assassination of Wikileak's reputation.
    If the information was something completely horrific that disqualified either of the candidates from their bids for president, don't you think such information should be released?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

He was originally going to do it outside, on an embassy balcony. Instead, he's going to do it remotely. If you believe what he's trying to say, this way, he can't be taken out by a sniper.

They've said this a few times now, and always back down or give us something underwhelming. Assange also contradicted himself on the story about the guy who was killed. It was shown the guy didn't have access to any of the information leaked, then Assange said this particular guy wasn't in fact his leak and the media simply misunderstood him.

Wikileaks has been a mess this year, drumming up a lot of publicity and giving very little in return. It would be great if they could return to form and give us some solid info, but I'm not getting hyped for any of their announcement.
    I'm afraid he'll end up giving a bad name to whistle-blowers if he continues playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    If the information was something completely horrific that disqualified either of the candidates from their bids for president, don't you think such information should be released?
    Sure.

Has literally nothing to do with my post, but I answered your question anyway, I guess. If you were going for a 'gotcha' moment, then...sorry.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

"We can confirm that Ms. Clinton did, in fact, leave the Oven off before heading out."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I mean sure but why even say "Hey guys I'm gunna release stuff."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Better be some good shit.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    He was originally going to do it outside, on an embassy balcony. Instead, he's going to do it remotely. If you believe what he's trying to say, this way, he can't be taken out by a sniper.
    I do not blame him.

That being said, I do not think the info released will be a game changer. I hope it is however.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-10-04 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean sure but why even say "Hey guys I'm gunna release stuff."
    Yeah if you think the info your going to release will get you killed before you can release it you don't make a public statement saying your going to release it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The drone comment from what I saw looked far more sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek in private, than some sort of serious legitimate conspiracy plan to off him. I think he'd need a more context and substance than that, something that shows serious plotting for killing him than just a off the cuff joke about wanting to drone the guy. That sounds more like something a fan would say about a player on a rival team that they don't like, than a legitimate plot/plan like he's portraying it as. Not to mention he's holed up in London, and it's beyond ridiculous to suggest that she was seriously saying the US should do a drone strike on the Ecuadorian embassy in London. That's laughable to even propose that was something she actually was suggesting and not a joke, which is what it was. I think this was a case of someone from the EU not catching American sarcasm.

Plus the other "wikileaks" on Clinton so far have been thousands of emails of her making dinner plans and talking about mundane magazine articles. Not exactly Area 51 ultra secret stuff. Read them for yourself, they are posted on wikileaks and they'll put you to sleep. They are like emails or facebook posts from your grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Plus the other "wikileaks" on Clinton so far have been thousands of emails of her making dinner plans and talking about mundane magazine articles. Not exactly Area 51 ultra secret stuff. Read them for yourself, they are posted on wikileaks and they'll put you to sleep. They are like emails or facebook posts from your grandparents.
    The general strategy seems to be playing a psychological game. If he just hypes it as game-changing and then releases it, many people are probably just going to assume that it actually is game changing instead of being just more mundane stuff.