Thread: Legendary Neck

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legendary Neck

Got the legendary neck for my first legendary as a mage. First thing I tried to do was disenchant it. Can confirm this is not possible. /quitwow

The legendary neck is actually quite powerful and you're not the first person I've seen make this stupid assumption. Is it a dps boost? No. But right now with our healthpools it easily will count for about 600k+ healing per minute which is very helpful in raids and 5 man dungeons, especially in mythic progression where most of the time your survivability is far more important than being able to pull 3-5% more dps.

Am I saying it's the best legendary? Obviously not. You'll want a dps legendary over this. But don't underestimate how good this legendary actually is. My neck absorbed over 4,000,000 damage on Mythic Nyth last night. That's nothing to sneeze at.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2016-10-06 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The legendary neck is actually quite powerful and you're not the first person I've seen make this stupid assumption. Is it a dps boost? No. But right now with our healthpools it easily will count for about 600k+ healing per minute which is very helpful in raids and 5 man dungeons, especially in mythic progression where most of the time your suitability is far more important than being able to pull 3-5% more dps.

Am I saying it's the best legendary? Obviously not. You'll want a dps legendary over this. But don't underestimate how good this legendary actually is. My neck absorbed over 4,000,000 damage on Mythic Nyth last night. That's nothing to sneeze at.
    Everything that needs to be said has already been, so otherwise. Grats on getting a legendary, I can imagine a lot of people would prefer to be in OPs situation than having not got anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by heasy View Post
    Got the legendary neck for my first legendary as a mage. First thing I tried to do was disenchant it. Can confirm this is not possible. /quitwow
    Don't DE it...it is 895 ilvl. ....jesus....

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Its a Neck...no Mainstats who cares

10+ Year Old Account
    But imagine what mats it might make!

What spec is your mage? It has the perfect stats for Fire and Arcane. As for Frost it has Crit.

Not to mention that it's ilvl 895 with a socket and Mastery/Crit, which correct-me-if-I'm-wrong are the two best stats for a Fire Mage to have on jewelry (with Fire being the most favoured Mage spec at present, again correct-me-if-I'm-wrong?)
    Last edited by Banquetto; 2016-10-04 at 04:26 AM. Reason: lol, ilvl 895 not 695

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    For a mage it has mainstats for 2 of the 3 specs.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-04 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heasy View Post
    I feel you, I got the neck on my Demon Hunter this week and it's a straight DPS loss compared to my 855 neck on any fight that has cleave... which is unfortunately quite a lot.

To whoever said a lot of people would rather have the neck than nothing it all, I disagree. If I didn't have one yet, I would have a 7/8 chance of not getting the neck when a legendary finally did drop which would be soon if Blizzard's bad luck protection works as intended. Now my chance to get one has reset and I won't get a new one for about 2-3 weeks, by which time I will be able to equip 2 but only use 1/2 the ones I have available.

The only thing worse would be getting the ring on top of having the neck. That would be awesome. Still don't understand why there needs to be RNG on RNG with legendaries. Either make it a token drop that you can redeem for the one you want, or only have 1 legendary per spec.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    all necks and rings have no main stats except stamina..this is legion..l2play
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

7+ Year Old Account
    So? Ilvl means nothing. Stats are the only thing that matters on gear

Deleted
    I got the neck last wednesday, such a disappointment.

Not even talking about the annoying Bwong sound every 35 seconds and having a bubble around you most of the time (which looks silly as I was playing a DK).

There are just way more exciting alternatives, that will make your character play/behave differently, which would make sense since you just got a "legendary" item.

I'm sure the shield does have some uses, but it's just so boring, and for most cases the worst legendary out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What spec is your mage? It has the perfect stats for Fire and Arcane. As for Frost it has Crit.
    They are not perfect stats for fire tbh, could be worse, but w/e

The legendary neck is actually quite powerful and you're not the first person I've seen make this stupid assumption. Is it a dps boost? No. But right now with our healthpools it easily will count for about 600k+ healing per minute which is very helpful in raids and 5 man dungeons, especially in mythic progression where most of the time your suitability is far more important than being able to pull 3-5% more dps.

Absolutely useless as a monk tank. Stagger damage basically prevents this neck from ever procing
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

The only bad legendary is Sephuz's Secret, the one I got. /cry
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The only bad legendary is Sephuz's Secret, the one I got. /cry
    Would prefer it to the neck as fire mage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    all necks and rings have no main stats except stamina..this is legion..l2play
    That's the point. So no matter what the Ilvl is, you go for the neck with the best stats for your spec since the Ilvl increase doesn't matter with no main stat. That's what he was saying, l2read.

Atleast it's not the Sephuz's Secret. Nobody can say that one's quite powerful, especially as a vengeance DH.

I have this neck as well. As a SPriest, I want Haste, of which this neck has none. On top of that, the crafted neck gives you 30 insanity on-use which is incredibly useful for getting into your first void form, especially on fights where you Hero on pull. So I will likely not be using it until I get enough Haste from the rest of my gear, which may not be until we're in the next raid tier.