Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    It's easy though? You just beacon the tank, beacon some other guy, and then heal the 3 remaining guys while slamming down the hammer. If it's a pack that rapes the tank then you probably (unless people fuck it up) don't need to heal the group a lot anyway, and for the very few cases where both is happening at once you can just pop a cooldown, or advice the group to pop cooldowns for it.

Personally, I hate BoV. Clunky, mere 50%-uptime ability. Only place I'd seriously consider using it would be neltharion's.
    Someone mentioned raging and necrotic. On the US / NA side, we have sanguine and overflowing right now. All the other discussion aside, lightbringer is a liability with overflowing because you just end up intermittently stacking giant healing absorbs on the tank. The same is true with faith, but with double the intermittent healing absorb going on because two beacons.

I found the "mere 50%-uptime" on virtue to be an unexpected benefit with overflowing, so that you can have periods of healing with no beacons up at all when you need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Statements like this make me wish I still had a good group of people to run with so that I could prove you wrong. Is BoV good? Yes. Is it impossible without it? No. What gives you the confidence to say that it is impossible without BoV?
    What are we defining as impossible? If you are trying to say that Mythic 2 is possible without BoV then sure lol, do Mythic 2 inefficiently. But you're not going to be sustaining the 600k+ HPS required for Mythic 8+ pulls using Lightbringer.

What gives me the confidence? Maybe it's the fact that I run them all the time and know the healing requirements as well as my class.

We can sit here and spin this in circles all we want. The point is that BoV provides the most amount of throughput out of all of the Beacons. The reason it is not used in raid is because it is two easy for your targets to be "heal sniped" as well as the large mana cost associated with the spell. This is not an issue in five man dungeons.
    Last edited by CloudedInSanity; 2016-10-03 at 09:50 PM.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    What are we defining as impossible? If you are trying to say that Mythic 2 is possible without BoV then sure lol, do Mythic 2 inefficiently. But you're not going to be sustaining the 600k+ HPS required for Mythic 8+ pulls using Lightbringer.

What gives me the confidence? Maybe it's the fact that I run them all the time and know the healing requirements as well as my class.

We can sit here and spin this in circles all we want. The point is that BoV provides the most amount of throughput out of all of the Beacons. The reason it is not used in raid is because it is two easy for your targets to be "heal sniped" as well as the large mana cost associated with the spell. This is not an issue in five man dungeons.
    Somebody right below me said that he cleared 9 with Lightbringer. No offense is intended, but you seem incredibly arrogant and disrespectful a lot in this thread.
    EDIT: If your profile link is accurate (and I think it is, because the dragons of nightmare mythic kill matches up with what is shown on your profile with what is shown on wowprogress), you first cleared a +5 or higher mythic dungeon 17 hours ago. This also means you haven't cleared a +10 yet.

Perhaps you don't know as much as you claim.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2016-10-03 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody right below me said that he cleared 9 with Lightbringer. No offense is intended, but you seem incredibly arrogant and disrespectful a lot in this thread.
    EDIT: If your profile link is accurate (and I think it is, because the dragons of nightmare mythic kill matches up with what is shown on your profile with what is shown on wowprogress), you first cleared a +5 mythic dungeon 17 hours ago. This also means you haven't cleared a +10 yet.
    Facts generally come off as arrogant, I can't change that.

That's because it only counts those completed within the timer for the achievement. The entirety of my last week was spent spamming +2/3s and helping guildies with 9/10 keys get their cache which, of course, were not done within the timer because our horrible affix RNG.

Also thanks for the thorough back check on me.

Facts generally come off as arrogant, I can't change that.

That's because it only counts those completed within the timer for the achievement. The entirety of my last week was spent spamming +2/3s and helping guildies with 9/10 keys get their cache which, of course, were not done within the timer because our horrible affix RNG.

Also thanks for the thorough back check on me.
    What you stated is not a fact, it is an opinion (as evidenced by the guy that cleared +9 with lightbringer). The fact you think it is a fact is what makes it arrogant. The fact you think it is your way or the highway makes it arrogant.

You are telling me you spent all of last week running 2/3 and not once did you do a 5/6/7/8 in order to get the 9/10s? And just clearing a 9 isn't that difficult, you can spend as long as you want clearing it after all. And don't blame affix RNG when everybody else gets the same affixes lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you stated is not a fact, it is an opinion (as evidenced by the guy that cleared +9 with lightbringer). The fact you think it is a fact is what makes it arrogant. The fact you think it is your way or the highway makes it arrogant.

You are telling me you spent all of last week running 2/3 and not once did you do a 5/6/7/8 in order to get the 9/10s? And just clearing a 9 isn't that difficult, you can spend as long as you want clearing it after all. And don't blame affix RNG when everybody else gets the same affixes lol.
    Why would I spend the time leveling keys up 5-10 when I can just join the higher keys once people need help? It's much more efficient to spam 2/3s as opposed to anything higher, especially last week.

You misunderstand, I am saying that an extremely, extremely small amount of people cleared Mythic 9 (within the timer) last week, and I don't think anyone (excluding maybe a handful of people) successfully did 10. That's why I didn't have the "achievement" lol. Also, I spent countless hours doing these on alpha/beta. Just because I got some achievement yesterday doesn't mean anything.

Why would I spend the time leveling keys up 5-10 when I can just join the higher keys once people need help? It's much more efficient to spam 2/3s as opposed to anything higher, especially last week.

You misunderstand, I am saying that an extremely, extremely small amount of people cleared Mythic 9 (within the timer) last week, and I don't think anyone (excluding maybe a handful of people) successfully did 10. That's why I didn't have the "achievement" lol. Also, I spent countless hours doing these on alpha/beta. Just because I got some achievement yesterday doesn't mean anything.
    Why would you spend the time? I dunno, to help guildmates like you said you were doing when you started clearing 9/10s? You should still be able to 3 chest +5 (which is what you'd have after you +3'd the first key) so it isn't like spamming 2/3 is the only option. Spamming as many +5's is actually way better than spamming 2/3s. Spamming 2/3 is what you do when your guild runs out of 5s.

And I think a decent handful of people have cleared +10 (maybe not on EU, but I would expect more on EU to have done it) in the timer. I know the top guilds on my server have cleared +10 on time (and +10 is a lot more difficult than +9 due to it adding in the fortified/tyrannical affix)

I am really confused with stat wieghts. I have been following Askmrrobot's but coming here it is way off from what you guys have. int>master>crit>vers>leech>haste.

int: 18.22
    mastery: 14.54
    crit: 13.61
    vers 11.1
    Leech 2.78
    haste: 0.9

You guys here are saying haste = to crit/mastery? What am I missing??

Hey guys!

Used Lightbringer since day 1.

With some higher mythic + levels i feel that i probably should go with BoV, but not really sure how to use it.

Do i spam heal the same person that i put the beacon on or should i heal someone else?

Thanks alot for helping me out!

The answer is very simple. He doesn't.
    HoV+9 with Beacon of Faith here. Worked really well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I am really confused with stat wieghts. I have been following Askmrrobot's but coming here it is way off from what you guys have. int>master>crit>vers>leech>haste.

vers 11.1
    Leech 2.78

Nobody here has said haste=mastery/crit.

It's int>>crit>>mastery>>vers>>haste. but some like to go int>>crit>>vers>>mastery>haste. The first option is better for stacked fights, the second is better for spread fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheese12 View Post
    Great! this is just what I was looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So have anyone had mana problems by not healing there beacon target? I have had issues keeping up mana if I heal OT too much or just hit FoL on stuff that is not the beacon target. I seem to not be able to beacon MT and heal OT without it draining my mana like crazy. Also Does healing the beacon of faith return mana back just the same as the normal beacon?

Thanks
    Yea, I have mana issues if I spam FOL a lot, but that's when raid is being dumb and running around like headless chickens making my mastery trash. My mastery is quite high, 35%, used to have 40% but a few drops and it stats sway wildly.

You have to look at the whole situation your raid is at, if tanks are dropping like potatoes, you either spam your mana away or wipe, I run with ligthbringer so I try to hit that LOD on cd, with high mastery if it hits more than one it's better than casting one FOL, I also use sacrifice so usually I am never at 100%. My pally in my sig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It doesn't benefit your beacon while FoL does. FoL can also easily top people off whereas LoTM won't unless it crits, but then you lose even more health.

Sure it's okay to use on the move if HS is on CD and you don't have an IoL proc but other than that it's useless. Main reason being it doesn't benefit your beacon. People discussed this a lot like 20 or 30 pages back.

People also did the math and it was an overall loss compared to other heals when including crits and health lost. You can go back and read the convo there for a much better and lengthier answer.
    I ran heroic Ilgynoth this weekend, had another pally in raid, his #1 spell was LOTM and he was pulling 60k HPS ahead of me, though he did 14m damage to himself.... but if any noob looked at healing meters, they would think he was better healer :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaaral View Post
    Just curious, how are you guys keeping track of the tank aggro (for beacon swaps)? I've been trying to improve my performance and I notice I end up having way too much beacon uptime on the non-tanking tank and not getting as much out from LoD as I should. I've tried some focus macros & focustarget macros for beacon & prism (so I can just cast it on boss without having to think about it more than that), but the beacon swaps still feel a bit clunky for me. LoD I think is mainly a positioning thing for me as I see myself constantly postioning myself closer to max range instead of sitting bit behind melee group. My first expansion playing the pally healer so I am more used to just sitting as far from the boss as I can.
    The only time I bothered switching beacons was when tanks were calling swaps on discord.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Hey guys!

Used Lightbringer since day 1.

With some higher mythic + levels i feel that i probably should go with BoV, but not really sure how to use it.

Do i spam heal the same person that i put the beacon on or should i heal someone else?

Thanks alot for helping me out!
    It puts beacon on your target plus 3, so ideally you spam the one who didn't get the beacon. I've never tried BOV myself and I only do +2 because I'm lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post

vers 11.1
    Leech 2.78

Mastery is only good if people don't stand 20y away from each other and run to the other side of the boss room from you :/
    Playing with 35% mastery and I want to slap whoever designed it.
    PM me weird stuff :3

*snip*
    Posts like this are the reason I stopped posting here. I'm not disagreeing, BoV undoubtedly makes things easier, but to wildly assume that someone isn't capable of something due to a different preference is wildly arrogant, and barely on point. The question was "Is it possible" to clear high level M+ without BoV, rather than "Should I be", and the answer is yes, it is possible. Don't act so arrogant, especially around people you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaaral
    Just curious, how are you guys keeping track of the tank aggro (for beacon swaps)? I've been trying to improve my performance and I notice I end up having way too much beacon uptime on the non-tanking tank and not getting as much out from LoD as I should. I've tried some focus macros & focustarget macros for beacon & prism (so I can just cast it on boss without having to think about it more than that), but the beacon swaps still feel a bit clunky for me. LoD I think is mainly a positioning thing for me as I see myself constantly postioning myself closer to max range instead of sitting bit behind melee group. My first expansion playing the pally healer so I am more used to just sitting as far from the boss as I can.
    Using Grid I have it set up such that tank aggro is highlighted around whoever has boss threat currently. Depending on what frames you use, this should be simple to do. For example, Nythendra, whenever tank 1 has to run out with volatile, the highlighting will switch to tank 2 and I simply swap accordingly. Alternatively, boss frames on certain addons (I run ShadowedUF) have an additional option to display boss target, you can use that too if you don't want to do the former.

LoD's range is underestimated most of the time, and remember that our mastery doesn't have any extra benefit beyond 10 yds, so while there's no need to stack up, it's still advisable to have good minding of your position. Also, if you're ever in a bad spot after something e.g. Rot on Nyth or Poison on Renf, RoL is a great tool for getting a 5-man LoD off even if you're far away from others.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I ran heroic Ilgynoth this weekend, had another pally in raid, his #1 spell was LOTM and he was pulling 60k HPS ahead of me, though he did 14m damage to himself.... but if any noob looked at healing meters, they would think he was better healer :/
    Ilgynoth is one of the few places where I'd say lotm is decent. There's not a lot of damage going out that fight; only danger is someone getting hit with 2-3 sources of damage within a few seconds of each other, and if you're at safe health then the instant heal from lotm to quickly bring low-health people up from oneshot range is a good move.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

anyone know whats up with my bandaid?

imgur.com/a/8qpQn

Its all green :/

So after reading the arguments here I started casting LOTM way less and my conclusion is that it's a way more useful dungeon ability than a raid ability. In raids I will still try to find places to cast it though, the mana save is very valuable and I try to use it at times where I know I will be healing myself (with abilities like lod or bf) LOTM may seem like a cheat ability at first; because as you are doing damage to yourself while healing, you got more things to heal so your Healing goes up; but there are situations where it's much more convenient to cast than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    I wouldn't really recommend using BoV for mythic+. Only being able to have your beacon on the tank half the time and needing to use a global to apply it every 15 seconds is a major drawback. Outside a few specific pulls in each instance, the group usually won't be taking enough consistent damage for it to be worthwhile either.

I've been doing mythic+ 10-12 with Lightbringer so far, but I could certainly see faith being just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post
    I wouldn't really recommend using BoV for mythic+. Only being able to have your beacon on the tank half the time and needing to use a global to apply it every 15 seconds is a major drawback. Outside a few specific pulls in each instance, the group usually won't be taking enough consistent damage for it to be worthwhile either.

I've been doing mythic+ 10-12 with Lightbringer so far, but I could certainly see faith being just as good.
    What are your 15 and 75 talents? I guess you don't use Bestow Faith and Holy Prism but Cursader's Might and Divine Purpose?

So regarding the unit placement UI changes on the front page today, I assume this confirms that 7.1 will indeed break addons such as Bandaid, that help us to figure out who is within range of our Mastery? Any of you savvy enough in addon-speak to be able to confirm that interpretation?

Unit Position changes

Several unit positioning/facing/range APIs have been restricted so that they will only return valid values when the following criteria are met:
    • Unit is the active player or in the party
    • Unit is not in any kind of instance PvE or PvP.

The following functions have been affected:
    GetPlayerMapPosition
    UnitCameraFacing
    UnitDistanceSquared
    UnitFacing
    UnitPosition (note: when in the restricted state, the mapID return is still valid)

There are new ways to access units on the map:
    "AddUnit",
    "AddUnitFileID",
    "AddUnitAtlas",
    "ClearUnits",
    "FinalizeUnits", It's illegal to call AddUnit after a call to Finalize in the same frame that this was finalized.
    "SetPlayerPingTexture",
    "StartPlayerPing",
    "StopPlayerPing",
    "GetMouseOverUnits",
    "SetOverrideMapID",
    "GetOverrideMapID"
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...-coming-in-71/

Deleted
    Just got the legendary belt, is it any good?