Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it's absolutely stupid that they made gear completely RNG, when this is the best expansion and gearing system to have an upgrade system in.

If I log in and spend 5 hours grinding dungeons, I should always walk away with something. I shouldn't have a very real chance of wasting my entire night. It's the main reason I have given up doing anything but raid logging and farming flasks/herbs.
    Give us justice points and allow upgrades up to near the cap (or just let us get to the cap, it's not like mythic gear is locked to mythic raiders anymore).

Ex.
    850 gloves drop as +30 titanforged. Yay RNG high that is abusing peoples gambling addiction moment still happens for you.

820 gloves of the same type drop. Yay I got my gloves. Now I can spend my 2000 justice points and upgrade them a couple times, and I still end up with the 850 piece that I put the work in for.

Everyone wins. More people keep playing because they still have goals they can reasonably reach, and blizzard gets to keep more subs.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What do you guys think? Are you okay with the RNG (talking to unlucky people - of course if you're lucky you like it)? If not, what do you think Blizzard should do to fix it?
    I think people forgot all about WoD already. In WoD you had that "farmable, easy, but takes IRL time to complete" legendary. So what happened ? People were expected to have it. You didn't have the legendary ring ? Harder to find an HFC group. So as time passes it's harder for casuals/Puggers to level their ring and people kept crying that there were elitists everywhere.

What will happen if Blizzard introduces a way, any way, to farm / grind legendaries ? People will expect you to do them. If you did, ok you get a group and you can play, if you didn't, it's harder to find groups.

So you farm your legendary, and now the content is tuned around the fact that everyone has legendaries so it's only punishing for people that don't have their own (great for alts !). But you can go and raid or Mythic+, just like now.

Meanwhile at this point you can't force people to have legendaries and expect people from pugs to have one, so they don't ask for it. But getting a legendary is still a nice boost and gives you a reason to keep playing, that's what people have been crying or in WoD (nothing to do, no upgrades, sitting in Garrison). So that's what Blizzard gave us, potential upgrade every where, stuff to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    If I log in and spend 5 hours grinding dungeons, I should always walk away with something. I shouldn't have a very real chance of wasting my entire night.
    I'd say that's your problem, you shouldn't feel entitled to have a guaranteed upgrade for every X hours played. Because Eventually you hit the max level and you won't do dungeons anymore and you will cry on the forums that you have nothing to do.

Let me get this right, people are complaining that a way to gear up is from doing quests that pop up all the time - something we've never had and because they're not at mythic raid Ilvl?

I think it's absolutely stupid that they made gear completely RNG, when this is the best expansion and gearing system to have an upgrade system in.
    RNG was always an issue in the game. If you want to dominate it - get a full leather or full plate group -> dump all loot on one of the members -> repeat 4 times for all the group.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    I'd say that's your problem, you shouldn't feel entitled to have a guaranteed upgrade for every X hours played. Because Eventually you hit the max level and you won't do dungeons anymore and you will cry on the forums that you have nothing to do.

Why should I not feel entitled to something eventually when I spend a large amount of time doing it? Not only is it a game, not feeling like you are progressing in a game is how you make people quit. Plus, real life kinda works like this too. You put the work in, you get something out of it.

That's absolutely stupid if you think I'll quit faster because I can eventually get what I want/need in a game. I'm not a gambling addict, I hate insane RNG. As many in this thread have clearly explained for you, never knowing if you'll ever get something worthwhile is not fun or interesting.

You know what would make you not want to go to work? If you had a 5% chance to get 3 weeks of pay at the end of each week, and you otherwise never got paid.

You know what would make you not want to go to work? If you had a 5% chance to get 3 weeks of pay at the end of each week, and you otherwise never got paid.
    Why are you thinking of your video game in the context of your job? If you aren't enjoying playing the game, changing what the end goal is won't fix that. You'll find a new thing to complain about. What even constitutes a worthwhile piece of gear? That it's orange and special? That it's a higher ilvl? What about when you hit the max available ilvl? You should be playing the game because you enjoy the game for itself, including whatever loot system it may have.

Deleted
    If I log in and spend 5 hours grinding dungeons, I should always walk away with something.
    You should walk away with a feeling of exhaustion after playing way too many hours of videogames.

I dont mind not having a legendary, but whats annoying me about rng now is;

Hit 110 on the shaman last night, ran 5 dungeons - 0 loot
    Did all my 3 sets of 4 quests, one of those WQ gave me 805 boots - one of the caches gave me loot - 810 boots xD

While I apperciate RNG, that is just soul shattering,

And my DK was even worse, it took me two weeks of WQs and Dungeons to go from 800 to 810 for heroics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    I don't get how people are having fun doing the same shit over and over.
    Because some of us only do over and over the shit we are interested in.
    About professions i do agree thought, it is quite exasperating farming tons of herbs and not getting the rank 3.
    About legendaries i do not have one, but i am not being forced to do anything past the emissary chests for rep, i only engage in those activities i do enjoy, the legendary drop chance is a bonus, but i think i am gonna have the luxury of not having to see LFR in a whole expansion for the first time.
    Problem is when you only play the game for the rewards, then yeah RNG loot must be a curse.

If I log in and spend 5 hours grinding dungeons, I should always walk away with something.
    What's more memorable?
    * Finally getting Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge from Rend Blackhand in the original UBRS in vanilla?
    * Finally getting Random Helm of Some Suffix, titanforged and with a socket from any of the bosses in any of the dungeons of Legion?

I'd argue the former, but the time put in in these two cases could very well be exactly the same.

Deleted
    If I log in and spend 5 hours grinding dungeons, I should always walk away with something. I shouldn't have a very real chance of wasting my entire night.
    See right here is your problem, when i spend hours grinding those dungeons with my friends, it is never a waste of my time.
    If we happen to get an upgrade or someday a legendary, it is even better, but we do enjoy doing them and trying to get the maximum mythic+ level we can get.
    Also, playing with friends is the winning factor most of the time, i have to admit doing them in a queuable or pugable way it is a very different thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Goals, stuff to work towards, motivation. Take your pick.
    You know, like WoD had with:
    -Apexis crystals
    -PvP honor / conquest points
    -Legendary quest line
    -Legendary weekly upgrades
    -Valor for item upgrades.

Here's Legion's list of stuff to work towards that aren't useless rep items you will outgear by the time you hit exalted:
    -

See the problem?
    I can see where the complains are comming from. I truly truly can….
    However ... set goals are not always the answer either. Not for me at least.

You know, like WoD had with:
    -Apexis crystals - the Apexis crystal rewards were proper crap and I don’t think many people bothered with them. Grinding out the flying mount was nice tho
    -PvP honor / conquest points - I personally find the pvp point system extremely dull. If raiding was about getting points per boss kill and buying raid gear at a vendor I would be a very very sad man.
    -Legendary quest line - Super … super … annoying time gated content which I felt I HAD to do eventho I did not want to raid that week but didn’t want to fall behind on the stones either
    -Legendary weekly upgrades - Killing archimond 20 times to upgrade a ring a few times isn’t my idea of fun either, If the stone would drop at different bosses each week it would’ve helped I guess. I don’t know anyone that liked this.
    -Valor for item upgrades. - Well this is alright

I think everyone agree’s that the RNG part of legion has been overdone. However due to that same RNG I don’t have the feeling I am missing out of stuff when I don’t do my world quests that day. When you implement a currency system I get that immediate feel I HAVE to grind out said currency or I am falling behind.

I’ll take RNG over currency grinding anyday. I’d even prefer to GW2 legendary system for that matter which was an IMMENSE task if you have done that.

PS: what I would be TOTALLY ok with, would be a system where you can DE items in your classhall and trade them for ilvl upgrade tokens. It should be a massive grind, but then people would at least get the feeling that they’re progressing.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I love Legion. Great expansion overall. But I think Blizzard needs to fix some of the end game RNG before people start quitting.

• Leveling professions with quests and doing dailies... great! Then you hit the RNG brickwall of discovering the 3rd star rank. - That is life, just like when research basically is RNG for somethings.

• Gearing up then you hit an RNG wall with getting a legendary. - Not a demand to have a legendary, and if people demand it, that is their own problem.

• A lot of the hidden artifact skins are total RNG. - Honestly, that is how it should be, put in effort to find it. Shouldn't just be bought, or the likes.

You're going through the entire initial leveling experience at a nice pace. Great progression rhythm in everything. All of a sudden you hit that point at end game where 1) can't get a legendary because its total RNG, 2) can't get that extra artifact skin because it's total RNG, 3) no profession progression until you get WQ spawns/discoveries.

While the profession stuff doesn't seem like a major deal. Not getting a legendary is pretty shit. Also the fact that some hidden artifact skins have huge grinds after unlocking it makes the initial RNG extremely frustrating. You could do 10 WQ/day, a ton of dungeons all the time, lots of PVP but none of it will go towards that grind because you weren't lucky enough to land that skin.

What do you guys think? Are you okay with the RNG (talking to unlucky people - of course if you're lucky you like it)? If not, what do you think Blizzard should do to fix it?
    Currently, the RNG in the world is fair, to be honest. We aren't meant to consume and achieve everything right away.

There is currently no honest fix for RNG.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I think everyone agree’s that the RNG part of legion has been overdone. However due to that same RNG I don’t have the feeling I am missing out of stuff when I don’t do my world quests that day.
    Exactly; because the drop chance it is so low, you end up just doing whatever you have the mood for.
    The only forced content at the moment are emissary chests because of reputations, once that is over it is gonna be do only what you want and only if you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Exactly; because the drop chance it is so low, you end up just doing whatever you have the mood for.
    The only forced content at the moment are emissary chests because of reputations, once that is over it is gonna be do only what you want and only if you want.
    The chest lasts for 3 days... so it's not like you have to "force" yourself to do them. I do them whenever I spot a WQ nearby or a WQ that yields good rewards (840 relic, hoping to get that uber lukcy 870+ proc or something.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its once again a case of we cant have nice things cause others cant control themselves. You could just not do that content even if it had really awesome gear. It doesnt have to be a crap shoot just so you dont feel put out.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its once again a case of we cant have nice things cause others cant control themselves. You could just not do that content even if it had really awesome gear. It doesnt have to be a crap shoot just so you dont feel put out.
    No, you are right, it does not have to be a crap shoot, it could also be whatever the drop chance you want, as long as i am the one to choose which activity do i play to get that said drop chance.
    As long as i do not have any mandatory activity for getting the legendary i do not care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The chest lasts for 3 days... so it's not like you have to "force" yourself to do them. I do them whenever I spot a WQ nearby or a WQ that yields good rewards (840 relic, hoping to get that uber lukcy 870+ proc or something.)
    Err i was praising the system, because doing the emissary chests is a very bland obligation, i was not bitching about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are right, it does not have to be a crap shoot, it could also be whatever the drop chance you want, as long as i am the one to choose which activity do i play to get that said drop chance.
    As long as i do not have any mandatory activity for getting the legendary i do not care.
    OR you could not get the legendary... asking them to design around your butt hurt is awful its precisely what led to wod. Lets say they put the legendaries behind WQ. Dont like wq? Dont do them!!
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Some guaranteed goals.

I personally liked farming currency in order to purchase some items.
    blizzard made more rng to keep items more unique but at the same time trying to give an even amount of people the items so it didn't end up with only 1% of people getting a thunderfury
    to feel more like vanilla how vanilla would have random epic drops in the world and those epics were very unique because most people were in blue gear

the expansion is new
    they haven't had time to fix everything due to trying to prevent a warlords style of sub losses at the start by publishing 7.1 very very early and releasing emerald nightmare in a few weeks of launch day

currently rng is a bit broken
    it's tipping too much towards negative rng
    blizzard needs to fix it to like 50% chance for the least and 60% for people who play the most(that extra 10% for the extra time spent trying to obtain at 50%)

every year their budget gets lowered for wow development mainly to compensate for the slow but steady sub loss which is caused by a lot of original subscribers have gotten a lot older now focusing on stuff that requires more responsibility
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-10-04 at 12:00 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    OR you could not get the legendary... asking them to design around your butt hurt is awful its precisely what led to wod. Lets say they put the legendaries behind WQ. Dont like wq? Dont do them!!
    I am not asking them to design about anyone´s butt hurt.
    I am only asking the system to remain as it is now, meaning you can get your legendaries from WQ,PVP,PVE(raiding,5-man) so you get to choose what you want to do, and therefore you are not forced into any content to get that legendary.
    This is the opposite of WOD (raid or die) mentality.

Are YOU ok with things being behind a specific part of the game? After all this time critizising the game being too raid centric? seriously?
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-10-04 at 11:58 AM.