Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 176119083990
    Ignore Pain's maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.
    There is a maximum in it. I dont expect a direct nerf for IP per cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    If they wanted to nerf ip size they would have said "ip value" or "absorption" not maximum absorption. Wording is poor in any case, gotta wait for the reset.
    IP can spend 20 to 60 rage, so it is 33% at 60 rage perhaps zero at 20 rage. That is what they usually do.

I am pretty sure it is a straight 33% nerf @60rage

Deleted
    Yup... a 33% nerf to main mitigation tool will probably shut all the whiners... will also make us not desireable but who cares about that right?
    A full 60 rage IP goes down from 1,2 mil to 0,8 mil... what a GREAT change...

It's not a 33% nerf to our main mitigation tool.

It's about a 12/13% nerf to ignore pain absorb in general with the shield slam buff.

That is if the nerf applies to ignore pain PER CAST.

56 Casts @ 1.1 Million = 62.7 Million
    64 Casts @ 840k = 53.7 Million * You can add about 1 million from dragon scale procs. the above data is from a log with procs.

64 Casts is about 8 Extra casts of ignore pain over a 5 minute fight with the shield slam buffs with 28% haste.

It's not exact but you get the idea, i'm taking my 5 minute ursoc pulls.

If this is infact a nerf to maximum ignore pain stack value then this is just simply a buff.

Edit : Forgot about dragon scales.
    Last edited by Emtee1986; 2016-10-04 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    The change seems to be worded the same way as the Indomitable talent, so I guess it is safe to say it's a flat 33% nerf.

In all fairness, it was deserved. Right now (pre-hotfix), one 60-rage IP covers about 40% of my hp, so it should give back 20-ish rage, which is a third of a new 60-rage IP. That means we passively mitigate one third of damage taken by doing nothing. By comparison, DK Bone Shield is a 16% passive mitigation.

Deleted
    I stil think and hope its just a nerf to the amount we can stack, but people dont realise that our way of preventing damage trough absorb and mitigation needs to be incredibly strong to make it usefull. without ip we are naked like really really naked we cant heal the dmg back up thus it needs to be a strong absorb.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    I stil think and hope its just a nerf to the amount we can stack, but people dont realise that our way of preventing damage trough absorb and mitigation needs to be incredibly strong to make it usefull. without ip we are naked like really really naked we cant heal the dmg back up thus it needs to be a strong absorb.
    I mean it's either a 12/13% nerf or a buff. I doubt they can be so short sighted to actually just buff it.

maybe they should nerf the cap and implement half effectiveness against magic damage
    instead of 90% absorption put it to 45% and 55% of magic damage goes through ignore pain
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Based on the wording of Indomitable:

Increases your maximum health by 25% and the maximum effect of Ignore Pain by 25%.
    I am going to assume they are nerfing the absorb per cast by 33%. That and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. If you look at the tooltip for Ignore Pain, it shows the maximum amount of absorb you can get per cast and based on how much rage you spend, you get a % of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Emtee1986 View Post
    It's not a 33% nerf to our main mitigation tool.

It's about a 12/13% nerf to ignore pain absorb in general with the shield slam buff.

That is if the nerf applies to ignore pain PER CAST.

56 Casts @ 1.1 Million = 62.7 Million
    64 Casts @ 840k = 53.7 Million * You can add about 1 million from dragon scale procs. the above data is from a log with procs.

64 Casts is about 8 Extra casts of ignore pain over a 5 minute fight with the shield slam buffs with 28% haste.

It's not exact but you get the idea, i'm taking my 5 minute ursoc pulls.

If this is infact a nerf to maximum ignore pain stack value then this is just simply a buff.

Edit : Forgot about dragon scales.
    Depends on the content really since Warrior generates most of its rage passively, in harder hitting content its a bigger nerf than in lower.
    Last edited by Gaust; 2016-10-04 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    The change seems to be worded the same way as the Indomitable talent, so I guess it is safe to say it's a flat 33% nerf.
    No its not.

Increases your maximum health by 25%, and the maximum effect of Ignore Pain by 25%.
    Ignore Pain's maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.

I think it's useless to discuss this hotfix for now since we can't even know for sure what they're touching... Gotta wait for US reset I guess (which is 2 hours away ?)

Now if only they'd do an actually relevant (and necessry) buff to the ability in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Now if only they'd do an actually relevant (and necessry) buff to the ability in pvp.
    doesn't it have the full ap ratio in pvp already?
    previously it was 40% of the normal ap ratio but they removed that already
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaust View Post
    Based on the wording of Indomitable:

I am going to assume they are nerfing the absorb per cast by 33%. That and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. If you look at the tooltip for Ignore Pain, it shows the maximum amount of absorb you can get per cast and based on how much rage you spend, you get a % of that.

Depends on the content really since Warrior generates most of its rage passively, in harder hitting content its a bigger nerf than in lower.
    Do you mean for next tier? those percentages are from Ursoc Mythic.

Deleted
    It is live in US and it is 33% less IP for EVERY cast - so down to 0,8 from 1.2 mil

Add to that fix to Vengeance bug and it's a close to 50% nerf... kneejerk reaction, I know - but I feel we got shafted really hard... TO THE GROUND comes to my mind right now - oh, and at the same time Guardian Druid is left untouched
    Last edited by mmocf21fce8ff9; 2016-10-04 at 12:49 PM.

It's so nice when Blizzard listens to our feedback.

yup can confirm we got gutted quite hard
    this better be the last nerf we get

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    It is live in US and it is 33% less IP for EVERY cast - so down to 0,8 from 1.2 mil

Add to that fix to Vengeance bug and it's a close to 50% nerf... kneejerk reaction, I know - but I feel we got shafted really hard... TO THE GROUND comes to my mind right now - oh, and at the same time Guardian Druid is left untouched
    Druid already got their mastery cut in half a while ago. Fundamentally, Druid is not too far ahead of the other tanks. The main reason Druid is so popular right now is their ability set just happens to line up really well against the ED bosses. Specifically:

1. On the hard bosses, the majority of the damage is not on the combat table, which is bad for tank classes (War, Monk, Paladin, DH) whose mastery only functions against avoidable/blockable damage.
    2. A near 50/50 split of physical and elemental damage, which allows them efficient use of rage. They can use both Ursol and Ironfur, and avoid diminishing returns from having to dump all their rage into Ironfur.
    3. The elemental damage comes out as DoTs that tick every 1-3 seconds, ensuring that Adaptive Fur is always up, giving them a free 15% DR.

I'm going to use my Mythic Ursoc kill as reference. Just woke up, apologies for any screwed up math.

Pre-Nerf:
    RFDT - 1831
    SS - 505
    Revenge - 45
    Intercept - 12

23.5/76.5 Ability/RFDT split.

Post Change, we would get 505 more rage from SS and would be 37/63 Ability/RFDT split.

Vengeance: Ignore Pain - 47. The bug fix makes costs me an additional 6*47 = 282 rage.

So, of the 505 more rage I would've gotten from the change, I also lose 282 from Vengeance being fixed (33 -> 39 rage), giving me a net 223 rage, or 3.7 nerfed IPs (~3M). Healing from Ignore Pain over the fight is 68.8M -> 45.9M 41.7M, factoring in the bugged vengeance. New estimated absorb with the SS rage is 48.9M 44.7M (down from 68.8M), or a 29% 35% loss in IP shields.

Even without the vengeance nerfs, 505 rage is only 8.4 IPs (~6.72M), nowhere close to the over 20 million loss in absorb shields. Absorbs will be weaker. The rage gained from SS is nowhere close to the amount lost from a 33% nerf, regardless if vengeance was fixed or not. This was through and through, a nerf at the Mythic level.

As a reference point, IP is fully absorbed by a single tick of Rend Flesh on M Ursoc now.
    Last edited by Squishei; 2016-10-04 at 02:01 PM.

Now they have to give us the damage to be AT LEAST on par with other tanks.