Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anduin and sylvanas.

Probably Velen.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

She's going to marry with Wrathion and have cute babies.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully a new character, preferably a woman who keeps him grounded and fills the void left by the death of his father.

Also preferably she can't be one shotted by a rock.
    Butts.

Some people really need to stop watch anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I have yet to see a good romance story in a game in general. Maybe I dont play the right type of game...

Anyways I think Anduin is married to his duty and to his people. Blizzard has a lot of major character development planned for him, and thankfully there's no room to shoehorn in some kind of romantic farce. In the context of story, I think he's too focused on the burning legion and filling his father's shoes as king to be worried about the girl next door.

Also inb4 all the fucking Wrathduin shippers make their shore leave.
    I think the romances in the two Lunar games are good, especially the first one. But that's like.. a really special edge case, in that it's a game where it starts with the main romance already being pre-established and not some stupid dramatized thing. (Honestly, that's how most things should do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Does he have to marry someone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Lot of people here think he can't kiss if he's not married.
    Cooties, you know. And wrath of Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    He doesn't have to, but Kings tend to in order to produce an heir so the family remains in power.

OT: Perhaps he'll be killed before he can marry and have an heir? Would be interesting to see the resulting power struggle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Hopefully a new character, preferably a woman who keeps him grounded and fills the void left by the death of his father.

Also preferably she can't be one shotted by a rock.
    Best possibility would be a woman from the army of light we will eventually meet ofworld.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Hey look, it's this thread again.

Unless it's pivotal to the story - or him marrying comes during a point in an expansion where there is down time between the beginning and the end of said expansion - I don't think it is really necessary?
    Well, a kingdom needs an heir, especially now when Varian is gone and Anduin is the only child. All kings in history have been expected to start working on it as soon as possible.

As someone suggested, the Greymane girl would be a logical choice. At least if it's possible to keep the worgen curse away from their offspring. What comes to other races, dwarves and gnomes are out of the question, but a night elf or a high elf... hmm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Anyways I think Anduin is married to his duty and to his people.
    One of the most important duties of a hereditary monarch is to ensure that there's a successor with an absolutely unquestioned claim to the throne. If Varian hadn't fathered Andun, the Alliance would very likely face an internal power struggle. Although the faction leaders would probably reach an agreement, all their people might not accept the new overlord of the Alliance. Even back when Bolvar was the regent, his post was to be just a temporary one, since Anduin was already around.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-10-04 at 12:24 PM.

Why, N'zoth of course.

If you read between lines, they've been hinting at it since Ahn'Qiraj!

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    It'll follow the precedent of the artifact weapons and he'll marry us, the player.
    And unite the Aliiance and Horde, ending the war. Rainbows and Unicorns everywhere. Peace on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    No, really.
    I believe you. Really. I do. Blizzard is getting us ready for WoW 2 as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how is she a viable candidate? anduin is 16 and shes almost 30.
    Its not like a 16 year old and 30 year old have never married. For political purposes ever in history.

Deleted
    I predict some farmers daughter from Westfall, which leads to Westfall getting help (money, food, soldiers) to raise and shine.

7+ Year Old Account
    No mention of Vanessa Vancleef?

Seems like a pretty good apology to the Defias, a good way for the Defias to return to the alliance and an excellent way to progress the Westfall story and help out the homeless population there. They are also of very similar age and her assertive personality makes up for his softness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Don't try to push something that wouldn't be accepted during the time. Iirc correctly it was okay to have male LOVERS, so long as you had a wife to continue your bloodline. Especially important in monarchies.

And, to be fair, I really doubt that even half of those that spam Anduin x Wrathion actually swing in that direction. They just like to try troll a thread or just out and out derail it.
    See the thing about fiction is that we don't have to include aspects of real world history. Sure, in the past gay rights weren't accepted but neither were women's rights and WoW is more than happy to make both genders equal. And even in WoW their is no reason for their to be monarchies, in the real world monarchies were justified by the "divine right of kings" which was carried in the blood which lead to the incestuous marriages of the political class, in WoW there isn't really a stated reason. So to believe that adopted heirs would be invalid is presumptuous.

On the Anduin X Wrathion thing, sexual attraction is irrelevant to shipping as it's not sexual in nature. People ship things because they think they'd work as a couple. Have you ever seen someone play match maker? Well, it's the same thing except with fictional characters, and you can derive pleasure out of that. Personally I'm not married to the ship whatsoever but they do have some chemistry, which is more than you can say with the political marriages that sometimes pop up. I'll buy political marriages in WoW when Blizzard is willing to actually go into the details of the politics of Azeroth.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does he need to marry someone?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Illidan hopefully. Considering Tyrande is taken now. Anduin is a priest as well!