Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's strange but the "RNG" gearing has brought some life back to loot for me. It's exciting for me to see an item that I thought was going to be 830 became and 850 or even 860 piece.

I raid and do mythic+ for the more secure path of gearing, but there was never any fun in terms of grinding X amount of currency for Y item. Never liked it, never will. It was always a waiting game with no surprises in store.

Also. My reaction for when someone else gets a legendary is "Wow that's cool!" not "Where the fuck is mine?!" so I guess that's a big difference...

Only the legendary thing is bothering me. I've seen people hit 110 and within a week get a legendary. I got 4 toons did a shit load of WQs, dungeons, pvp, emissary, etc and nothing. Compared to other people I should've gotten 2 at least by now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    OR you could not get the legendary... asking them to design around your butt hurt is awful its precisely what led to wod. Lets say they put the legendaries behind WQ. Dont like wq? Dont do them!!
    legendaries are behind world quests
    the very first bunch of people to get a legendary was from emisionary rewards
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    200+ work orders for Nomi... 23 recipes... 11.5%... Bullshit to be cockblocked at 760 with no way to change it.
    hundreds or in some cases a thousand or more potions and still not level 3? what the fuck
    The only goal of professions is to make gold, 0 gameplay impact, also profession levels don't matter at all on gathering professions and secondary professions and are pretty much only for cosmetic rewards (LW) or a very small boe profession bonus (JC)

Legion Loremaster (required for eventually flying) is locked behind a raid boss, what the fuck
    Which can be done in LFR, which will be out by the time flying is a thing and even then you can easily progress the rep to exalted without that quest

RNG is what determines which emissary quest becomes available... unfortunately there are recipes on those emissaries that require exalted and As an example.. you've seen ONE Valajar emissary quest since the 12th of September... again... what the fuck.
    I am fairly sure that the emissaries being offered are cyclical/pre-set or at least there is a cooldown on a certain one after it being up, because I have never gotten the same cache multiple days in a row or within 2-3 days of each other.

360hours played on my druid... No legendary... not REALLY worried about THAT, YET
    Try farming mythic +, it is very easy and it gives a really good chance at legendaries as well as really amazing AP.

I really dont understand which "brickwall" you are talking about.

You are not getting negative RNG, if an item is 830+ its literally 830 or more. why is this a bad thing really?

Say a WQ give a rare boot for 830+ ilvl and I already got 840, I am incentivized to do the quest for a chance of an upgrade.

Moreover, you run heroic dungeon you get heroic dungeon loot, mythic dungeon you get mythic dungeon loot, normal raid you get normal raid loot...etc.
    normal > heroic > mythic it always has been the progress path. You are not running a mythic raid and getting normal loot.

People speaking about grinding valor points forgot about how utterly boring running the zergfest dungeons many times. Now at least everytime you run a dungeon you have a chance of getting an upgrade or even a legendary.

Where are the people glorifying wow vanilla when you need them? wasnt vanilla the most RNG? running a 40 man raid hoping for the piece you want to drop then competing with such 40 people for a chance to get it was sure not so great. What about DKP? people skipped all the loot for that one piece to drop until one time there were not in raid and it drops. RNG is RNG at least now you dont get this kind of bullshit.

its facinating

I'm not getting the reward I want fast enough, therefore the system is bad
    Seems like this is the argument and it's been the same for years no matter what Blizzard has done.

Ok so let's pretend RNG is gone. Guess what? Your guaranteed reward is going to take a long time. You wouldn't have it right now. You wouldn't be getting it next week either.

Are people forgetting how long it took to collect legendary cloak and ring pieces? A little bit of RNG there, but less than now. You know what, go back even further. What if only 1-2 people in your raid group could get that recipe upgrade or legendary drop... forever.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-10-04 at 12:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    It's strange but the "RNG" gearing has brought some life back to loot for me. It's exciting for me to see an item that I thought was going to be 830 became and 850 or even 860 piece.

I raid and do mythic+ for the more secure path of gearing, but there was never any fun in terms of grinding X amount of currency for Y item. Never liked it, never will. It was always a waiting game with no surprises in store.

Also. My reaction for when someone else gets a legendary is "Wow that's cool!" not "Where the fuck is mine?!" so I guess that's a big difference...
    Some people are just abit self centric i guess. But yes, legion is not perfect. I'd prefer a little less RNG.
    But it sure as hell beats any dull currency system. Especially a TIME-GATED CURRENCY system
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post

If I log in and spend 5 hours grinding dungeons, I should always walk away with something. I shouldn't have a very real chance of wasting my entire night. It's the main reason I have given up doing anything but raid logging and farming flasks/herbs.
    You mean all the artifact power that you get?

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post

QFT. I started considering taking a break until Nighthold last night... this just feels like a treadmill to nowheresville right now. I'm not convinced they have resolved the legendary bug. I believe that the chances of getting rank 3 in gathering professions is either bugged or simply set far, far too low. Same with Nomi. I've been treading water in all of these areas for a couple of weeks now and every day I just get a little more discouraged and it feels a little more futile.
    I have pretty much made up my mind... I am never buying a WoW expansion pre-order or at launch again. I will wait until it drops to under $20 near the end of an expansion. Then I will level a few toons, LFR the raids, maybe buy a carry for a mount.

Because when it comes down to it...1-2 months of play is all the expansions are good for anymore. Then when you factor in all the nerfs, bugs (legendary), and gating mechanisms which are fixed, tuned and removed by then... I have a much better experience, pay less, and have to deal with a lot less unpleasant experiences due to inept design and unnecessary, time wasting mechanisms.

As this happens though, I find that I am finally losing attachment to my toons... which makes it less and less interesting to even return to game.

This is not the game I once loved.

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    Well, the system is taken from Diablo 3. In Diablo 3, you also had a small chance of getting these. But you had a (working) form of "bad luck protection" - if you were playing for X hours and you didn't get one, one would drop from a random mob eventually.

I'm saying it worked there because it did - tried and tested by me.

In WoW, that form of protection either does not exist, does not work or is simply very ... tolerant (meaning you might get one after a number of months instead of days/weeks). I got 0 legendaries so far, but it doesn't bother me. Eventually, one will drop for everyone, I suppose...and then we'll all feel "lucky" for a moment.
    I can't speak to the professions, but I thought they used a "progressive" (not the right word, but best I had on hand) algorithm for the dropping of Legendaries, for every tick you do that COULD drop the item and you don't get one your chance is slightly increased on the next and so on, until eventually the RNG falls into your favor. As Nighthold is designed around most of the raid having Legendaries in their arsenal.

Now - Maybe I dreamed this, but I thought this existed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    As Nighthold is designed around most of the raid having Legendaries in their arsenal.

Now - Maybe I dreamed this, but I thought this existed.
    Not that i care too much for raids nowadays, but if this is true, then there is truly a very bad design around this, specially because of how different is the impact on your toon performance if you have certain legendaries or you have other ones.
    Unless everyone has all the legendaries when nighthold goes live, the system is gonna be a mess, you can not design a raid based on a RNG drop that is as low as it is at the moment, unless of course the algorithm works like 100 times higher drop chance in 7.1, and even higher in 7.2

But if they do that and everyone gets their legendaries, what will they do about legendaries for the rest of the expansion? will they ad more, will they let legendaries roll the "ancient" trait as in D3?
    As it is now, legendaries is the main bait for people to engage in the game content, so they better be carefull about all this.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-10-04 at 12:53 PM.

The RNG is too much. I love some form of RNG, but everything being RNG is not a good game design. Some people have already hit that wall where you dont really get upgrades anymore, unless you are extremely lucky, and for some classes most of the bis gear is from mythic+. It almost like Diablo where you play for a week, get alot of ancient items, and then u hit that wall where u have to be very very lucky to even find a minor upgrade, and thats why alot of people are quitting. You need to have some item you can target like u can with some raid items, ofc it stills involves RNG but a minor lvl of RNG compared to the RNG from mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    You mean all the artifact power that you get?
    Yeah all 2k of it. Totally worth the 5 hours to get a hundredth of 1% dodge as a dps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue that many are refusing to acknowledge is not that legendaries are based on RNG, but that so many consider them mandatory in order to be competitive. Some players even feel that they are entitled to these legendaries by virtue of paying for the game just the same as everyone else.

In both cases, those people are wrong. Legendaries are not required to be competitive. As long as you pick an appropriate gearing strategy, and maintain an item level that is within a few points of those you reguarly play with, you will stay competitive. Having a legendary doesn't change that. All a legendary does is give you a small boost. Granted, some are more powerful than others, but overall, the difference isn't all that great.

Having a legendary or not isn't going to award you some special access to content, or ban you from it. Blizzard themselves have stated that Emerald Nightmare is not tuned on the premise of players having legendaries. Nighthold, however, might see some tuning around legendaries. We are three or four months away from Nighthold at the least, however. For anyone, whom is actively playing at least once per week, getting a legendary before Nighthold should be a non-issue, based on the bad luck protection that Blizzard has implemented.

Some are complaining that other players already have 2 or even 3 legendaries. So what? Unless it is someone you are playing with on a regular basis, and they get cherrypicked for dungeons and raids over you due to their legendaries, you really shouldn't care at all. Them having a legendary doesn't impact your ability to enjoy the game. At all. If you are repeatedly benched in favor of someone else, then take it as a sign for you to move on and find other people to play with, as they have no respects for your WoW needs.

Lastly, to those who complain that, just by merit of paying the monthly subscription fee, they should get legendaries: You will get them in time. The bad luck protection will ensure it. It might be tomorrow, or it might be in four months from now, but you will get a legendary, possibly two. Your chances of finding one will increase based on how often you play, what you do while playing, and your own persistence. Adopting a bad attitude and raging about it isn't going to change anything. Paying for something doesn't equal putting in the effort. Without effort, no rewards.

Or do you also expect to lose 30 lbs, get fit, and have all the girls drool over your good looks, simply by virtue of paying for a gym membership, but barely using it, if at all? Didn't think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    RNG in systems like Diablo are ok because you can farm content solo all over again and it poses 0 challenge. RNG in WoW with content on weekly lockout is just not good. People will burnout from legion and Battlefield 1 is just around the corner. I plan to switch to "only raids and daily bag" schedule once BF1 drops because i get annoyed by tones of shit RNG.
    But "only raids and daily bag" have just as much RNG as everything else. WoW has always had RNG its what created the drive to keep going. Instead of doing X until you get Y then stopping.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Yeah all 2k of it. Totally worth the 5 hours to get a hundredth of 1% dodge as a dps.
    Try doing myth+, you get 600 (amplified by AP) per chest you get.
    I spammed +2 a bit with my guild and I would regularly get ~2 dungeon clears per hour @3 chests each containing 2 marks of AP, making for around ~15k ap per hour, nothing to scoff at. However sure, if you want to farm easy content, you will be receiving low rewards for it, thats the way it will always be in mmo's.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're looking at it wrong. You don't get 1/100th of 1% dodge as DPS. You get one trait closer to unlocking the mastery trait for your artifact, where you get a decent boost to your overall damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    The RNG is too much. I love some form of RNG, but everything being RNG is not a good game design. Some people have already hit that wall where you dont really get upgrades anymore, unless you are extremely lucky, and for some classes most of the bis gear is from mythic+. It almost like Diablo where you play for a week, get alot of ancient items, and then u hit that wall where u have to be very very lucky to even find a minor upgrade, and thats why alot of people are quitting. You need to have some item you can target like u can with some raid items, ofc it stills involves RNG but a minor lvl of RNG compared to the RNG from mythic+.
    You know myth+ is totally farmable right?

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what would make you not want to go to work? If you had a 5% chance to get 3 weeks of pay at the end of each week, and you otherwise never got paid.
    That is a poor metaphor since the two activities are no where close to being the same and don't offer the same pay rate. But just to burst it anyways some people are professional competitors who rely on prize money as a their job. If they don't win they might not get paid (or might not get paid as much). But those people still show up because its what they like to do.

WoW has always been about RNG loot drops. It has had some ways to mitigate that a little but there by no means a problem in Legion. Everything but legendaries has a ton of ways to get an upgrade. Some take longer then others. Legendaries have a bad luck protection that will eventually increase your chance at getting one. They are supposed to have a low drop rate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    You're looking at it wrong. You don't get 1/100th of 1% dodge as DPS. You get one trait closer to unlocking the mastery trait for your artifact, where you get a decent boost to your overall damage.
    As of now i am nearly level 22 on my artifact, after that i will need 3 more points to get all the interesting boosts i need from the artifact; after that there are 9 levels i am not interested on at all, i do not know if this is the case for all classes, but if it is, we are close to AP being like worthless, until they add more traits to them.