Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Simply because blizzard communication hasn't been the same without him.

He's from the era of "bring the player not the class" and "gameplay above everything else". It was by far the most fun parts of the game because no matter how content was lacking or how similar some specs/classes felt, at least classes played exceptionally well.

I'd go so far as to say I liked Cata a million times better in 4.3 (it's worst point) than legion now simply because classes had so much more fluidity and complexity. Wotlk and mop were even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I agree and said so. Very clearly.
    I didnt mean to sound like i was disagreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    You will forgive me, but you can't possibly think Legion is not sucking ass right now. Worst fucking expansion ever. Classes all broken, specs all broken. And Blizzard being dicks about fixing any of them quickly so that the gaming community can have fun. And not rerolling should NOT be an option. THIS EXPANSION SUCKS ASS...................PERIOD.
    Don't forgive you. This expansion is actually great.

He probably talks more about the game right now than the current iteration of devs.

I find what he has to say to be very interesting. He was one of the heads behind a revolution in a genre of gaming. Neat stuff.

GC is by far the worst thing to ever happen to WOW.
    For some odd reason the devs still use his ass backwards design philosophies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    He and the wrath team with their hard-headed inexperienced stance are responsible for the disaster wow has become.

LFD and homogenization are the reasons for the decimation of server communities and the near console game we have now.

I despise him. He needs to go away, he thankfully is no longer employed by Action Blizzard. Sadly, long after the mess he made remains.

Fuck You Greg Street.
    Agreed.
    Great post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    GC is by far the worst thing to ever happen to WOW.
    For some odd reason the devs still use his ass backwards design philosophies.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.
    Great post.
    agreed, great shit posts from the both of you

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

He doesn't get as much attention, nor he can lead a coherent discussion in the toxic pool of acid and spit that is the LoL community, so he still feels the need to express his views on Blizzard and WoW which gets him the attention he craves. But all he has to say is subtle passive-aggressive ramblings obviously agitated by the enormous success Legion is enjoying.

So why is he covered on front page?
    The LoL offtopic forum or his personal social media is a good place for his expressions, no need to cover it on a relevant WoW website.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2016-10-04 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You guys still don't understand that WoW has multiple developers that make decisions based on group consensus? You're just going to attribute those things directly to GC? Because that's not how it worked. That's never been how it works.
    Misinformed people love a scapegoat.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    why is GC still relevant?
    Because he doesn't have Alzheimer, so he still remembers his time with Blizzard, his game design skills and the way things work?

He is a respected, outspoken, and talented game designer who is willing to share insights with video game enthusiasts (who has now had a leadership position for two of the largest video games / video game companies in the history of the world).

Video game design interests me (even though I will never be in that industry). I tweeted him a few times and he replied. That's cool.

Why is this a bad thing?

Deleted
    People want him to slip up so they can help fufill their sad head fantasy of WoW being the worst thing since sliced herpes.

I like the guy. I really hate his design philosophy, but he's way more sincere (and honest and likeable) than Ion "Wormtongue" Hazzikostas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Because hes knowledgeable about the inner workings at Blizzard.
    From almost a decade ago at this point.

As long as he keeps talking about WoW people will keep asking. It is odd how much he has to say about them seeing how he still works in that same industry in a sense and you would think he would want people to pay attention to his games not things from so long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I really don't see the point in posting his tweets at this point, he has 0 idea what is going on with WoW and hasn't even played for a long time.
    Him not shutting up about WoW is just about as odd as his random blurb making the front page here. If people cared they would follow him.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."