Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    dude faulty counter meassures has a duration of 8 seconds http://www.wowhead.com/item=137539/f...ure&bonus=1826 so yes you really want to wait for full stacks of crusade for using it since otehrwise it will be gone either before you reach fulls tacks or shortly after
    Are you stupid?

Hey all,

I'm looking to get some help with my DPS. I feel like I have the priority system down and want to find out what I can do to help get my DPS higher. I'm not sure if its something I'm missing, or perhaps its a gear issue. I know that I'm not suing the best flask and potion, but they are just too expensive for me right now.

My character is Aonea. Mr profile is us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Aonea/advanced

Last 3 logs for our guild raids are:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/c7WtVTgMYXw6axrD
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wt2xVhJrdKva7RWm
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/DpTjt7ZhnfqkcN1V

If anyone is able to take a look and critique me, I'd really appreciate it! I can't post direct links yet, if someone is able to fix them.
    Last edited by Aonea; 2016-10-03 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aonea View Post
    Hey all,

I'm looking to get some help with my DPS. I feel like I have the priority system down and want to find out what I can do to help get my DPS higher. I'm not sure if its something I'm missing, or perhaps its a gear issue. I know that I'm not suing the best flask and potion, but they are just too expensive for me right now.

My character is Aonea. Last 3 logs for our guild raids are:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/c7WtVTgMYXw6axrD
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/wt2xVhJrdKva7RWm
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/DpTjt7ZhnfqkcN1V

If anyone is able to take a look and critique me, I'd really appreciate it! I can't post direct links yet, if someone is able to fix them.
    Tell your Frost DK to play unholy instead.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    dude faulty counter meassures has a duration of 8 seconds http://www.wowhead.com/item=137539/f...ure&bonus=1826 so yes you really want to wait for full stacks of crusade for using it since otehrwise it will be gone either before you reach fulls tacks or shortly after
    I know two people have already pointed out you're wrong, but you are so wrong I figured it needs pointing out a third time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    So when are you guys using AtA in your priority? I'm conflicted between using it off of CD and using it when I have 0 HP, as its hard to get those two requirements to cross over all the time. Apart from when I need on-demand burst I'm still trying to figure out the best way to abuse this talent.
    For me it depends on 4 situations, when I should use Wake of Ashes with the "Ashes to Ashes" trait.

1: If it's a mob I can stun, I wait with using it for when I have 5 holy power, Hammer of Justice, JV + WoA + JV.
    2: If it's a target I use Crusade on, I tend to wait for 5 holy power, then use Crusade, TV/DS + Arcane Torrent as Blood elf (to avoid GC for another instant TV/DS. Helps to build up crusader stack a slight bit faster.) -OR- CS + TV/DS + WoA + TV/DS + etc etc.
    (Sorry if 2: got messy)

3: If neither of the two, WoA first.
    4: If there are -at least- 5 enemies (I skip on hammer of Justice + JV combo when that many is involved) and I won't use Crusade, WoA first.
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2016-10-03 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    For me it depends on 4 situations, when I should use Wake of Ashes with the "Ashes to Ashes" trait.

1: If it's a mob I can stun, I wait with using it for when I have 5 holy power, Hammer of Justice, JV + WoA + JV.
    2: If it's a target I use Crusade on, I tend to wait for 5 holy power, then use Crusade, TV/DS + Arcane Torrent as Blood elf (to avoid GC for another instant TV/DS. Helps to build up crusader stack a slight bit faster.) -OR- CS + TV/DS + WoA + TV/DS + etc etc.
    (Sorry if 2: got messy)

3: If neither of the two, WoA first.
    4: If there are -at least- 5 enemies (I skip on hammer of Justice + JV combo when that many is involved) and I won't use Crusade, WoA first.
    Another important thing to note about AtA usage is that although you want to use it as close to CD as possible, waiting until you are exactly at 0 HoPo will delay the usage too long.

It is generally accepted to use AtA when you are at 0 or 1 HoPo.

Deleted
    your reading competence exceeds all expectations. you get a 30 second buff which on proc slows the target for 8 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    unsure if stupid or if 10/10 troll

Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    Tell your Frost DK to play unholy instead.
    Ha, well he has gotten a bit of grief about that..... but that still won't increase my DPS!

Deleted
    unsure if stupid or if 10/10 troll
    not troll but the reason every recruiting officer at your company cries bitter tears of despair when the time comes around to look for a new trainee fresh from school. reading comprehension is at an all time low for native language and even worse for foreign languages. but maybe he got it after explaining it to him in small words...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    not troll but the reason every recruiting officer at your company cries bitter tears of despair when the time comes around to look for a new trainee fresh from school. reading comprehension is at an all time low for native language and even worse for foreign languages. but maybe he got it after explaining it to him in small words...
    great community we got ehre you read one thing wrong and all the assholes jump out for a chance to feel superior.
    to the guys explaining how i read it wrong thanks to the guys like this one you can all fuck off.

Just rerolled from Holy back to Ret, just trying so understand 1 single thing: everyone says Virtue Blade is worst than Blade of Wrath, but I see tons of ppl ranking so good with Virtue's Blade, so when should it be worth using it and when not?

Deleted
    great community we got ehre you read one thing wrong and all the assholes jump out for a chance to feel superior.
    to the guys explaining how i read it wrong thanks to the guys like this one you can all fuck off.
    my problem is not that you misread the tooltip. my problem is that you formulated it as a statement not a question. Had you asked If I might be mistaken on the use effect no problem. But going all high and mighty "dude you got it totally wrong it only last 8 seconds" without doing the basic logic check is what got me going. How do you think a trinket with a 8 sec duration on use effect only affecting white swings can be the best performing trinket? Internal logic check?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathos View Post
    Just rerolled from Holy back to Ret, just trying so understand 1 single thing: everyone says Virtue Blade is worst than Blade of Wrath, but I see tons of ppl ranking so good with Virtue's Blade, so when should it be worth using it and when not?
    there are a couple of things affecting what talent to choose here. The amount of crit you have and the amount of haste. You will have to ask yourself:

Will i face gaps in my rotation when going VB?
    with sufficient haste you won´t lose to much time.

Is my crit rating high enough so that I get the triple dmg often enough?
    starting around 25%-30% crit sims will show that VB starts to edge out BoW

Do I wan´t it reliable or do I want to gamble?
    VB is gambling whereas BoW is save

VB is physical dmg -> affected by armor
    BoW is holy dmg -> not affected by armor

Short answer is that early on with our stats Blade of Wrath sims out to be better. Once we get to a point where our Crit is high enough Virtue Blade is starting to sim out higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question. Once you reach a certain level of crit (I think it's roughly 25%) then VB becomes better than BoW.

Anyone know what the exact crit breakpoint is where VB becomes better than BoW?

Deleted
    Good question. Once you reach a certain level of crit (I think it's roughly 25%) then VB becomes better than BoW.

Anyone know what the exact crit breakpoint is where VB becomes better than BoW?
    as I said it´s not crit alone that determines the breakpoint hast has a lot to do with that as well. for me it was at 22%haste and 25% crit but just barely. But please keep in mind that things like talent selection and relics might affect this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    my problem is not that you misread the tooltip. my problem is that you formulated it as a statement not a question. Had you asked If I might be mistaken on the use effect no problem. But going all high and mighty "dude you got it totally wrong it only last 8 seconds" without doing the basic logic check is what got me going. How do you think a trinket with a 8 sec duration on use effect only affecting white swings can be the best performing trinket? Internal logic check?
    you were condescending and rude when you could jsut ahve explained how i read it wrong isntead you went off on a rant on how im everything thats abd with todays youth and now you are trying to justify your reaction to keep the moral highground while the truth is that you and many others in this thread thought it was better to be rude and mean than helpfull.

you were condescending and rude when you could jsut ahve explained how i read it wrong isntead you went off on a rant on how im everything thats abd with todays youth and now you are trying to justify your reaction to keep the moral highground while the truth is that you and many others in this thread thought it was better to be rude and mean than helpfull.
    Use punctuation. Nobody is going to read that shit.

Deleted
    Can we start talking about ret again?

Just wanted to make sure I'm taking the right talents. I have been taking Zeal on Illgynoth, renferal, and cenarius. For everything else I use fires of justice, is that correct?