Thread: No Man's Sky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Game was a scam, real investigation is underway, why are people still talking about that shit? If there one thing good that will come out of this game, is that it will set a precedent where you cannot sell video game that does not reflect what you hype and advertise world wide. No man sky is not the first to do this, its just the most hyped and most obvious one yet.
    It won't. The ACM fuore was pretty much as big a deal back then as now, it didn't change a thing, neither did Watchdogs. People still pre-order or buy day one without reviews, companies still lie.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So your saying the Advertising Standards Authority's investigation is just a bunch of "Cool Kids" hating?
    No, the cool kids who written a complaint to ASA about MNS are just a bunch of cool kids hating. ASA is just following the procedure for such cases. Not that you would make the distinction, being cool and everything.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, the cool kids who written a complaint to ASA about MNS are just a bunch of cool kids hating. ASA is just following the procedure for such cases. Not that you would make the distinction, being cool and everything.
    You do realize that if the ASA rules in favor of the "Cool Kids" that makes them right and you wrong.

But don't worrie I don't take any of your posts serious, even more so when you said HG should sue those who canceled there pre-orders or refunded the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that if the ASA rules in favor of the "Cool Kids" that makes them right and you wrong.
    No it doesn't. If they rule in favor of "cool kids" that would just mean that they are incompetent when it comes to games industry.
    But don't worrie I don't take any of your posts serious, even more so when you said HG should sue those who canceled there pre-orders or refunded the game.
    So you don't get satire? Oh well...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No it doesn't. If they rule in favor of "cool kids" that would just mean that they are incompetent when it comes to games industry.

So you don't get satire? Oh well...
    Naw I get satire and I know all your posts are just that.

Sadly tho there is people who legit think like that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So your saying the Advertising Standards Authority's investigation is just a bunch of "Cool Kids" hating?
    The ASA will look at the screenshots and trailers to see how well they do or don't match up with what is in the game and then make the judgment of whether or not it's representative enough of the final product or not to warrant action.

The "cool kids hating" will post videos they haven't even watched just because the title shits on the game, the studio, or Sean Murray.

Take a guess on which side is actually saying anything worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I think he's very purposefully staying off Twitter. And it's probably for the best all around. He'd probably got an endless deluge of threats and shitposting waiting for him when he comes back and anything he says is going to be parsed so heavily that it will look bad anyways. The other folks at HG probably told him to keep his ass off Twitter until he can learn to keep his fucking mouth shut (figuratively) rather than say stupid shit.
    There is real legal action being taken against them. My guess is the lawyers have already advised them to go silent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    It won't. The ACM fuore was pretty much as big a deal back then as now, it didn't change a thing, neither did Watchdogs. People still pre-order or buy day one without reviews, companies still lie.
    Yeah, this problem will never end because there will always be stupid consumers who pre-order games and/or buy early access from development teams with absolutely no track record.

https://youtu.be/ZUCNccqUxiA

This looks like the game NMS should have been.

Funny how someone else seems to have delivered on NMS's promises better than NMS did.

Can we all just agree at this point that NMS was nothing more than a tech/idea test that other developers will now be able to take and make games that are 100x better than the piece of shit NMS turned out to be?
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-10-02 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, bit disingenuous to say they've delivered though, its early access.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Can we all just agree at this point that NMS was nothing more than a tech/idea test that other developers will now be able to take and make games that are 100x better than the piece of shit NMS turned out to be?
    Considering the game you linked is just a test/tech idea then pretty much anything will be considered a tech/test idea to you. It has the potential to be more, but then so did NMS.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Considering the game you linked is just a test/tech idea then pretty much anything will be considered a tech/test idea to you. It has the potential to be more, but then so did NMS.
    The trailer alone looks like it has more potential than everything NMS has shown to date. I think that speaks volumes about just how bad NMS really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pcgamer.com/nms-lawyers/ is a few days old now but is worth reading for anyone who cares.

The key distinction here is separating possibility from certainty; it may be unlikely that a player will stumble upon the idyllic worlds teased on the game's Steam page, but provided they do actually exist somewhere in the game, the accusations of false advertising will not float. As Morrison puts it, "Is it a legitimate complaint? Yes. Is it a legitimate legal complaint? No."

Morrison also points out that, in legal terms, any comments made by Sean Murray in interviews or in Reddit AMAs are not considered advertising. Claims made in these forums do not fall under the official marketing umbrella, and as such do not hold up in a legal context. Any hypothetical lawsuit would be limited to the media distributed by Hello Games as a whole.
    That is just some of what I feel are the important points of the article. While this is all opinion it does come from actual lawyers that would or could be trying or defending a case like this.

- - - Updated - - -

The trailer alone looks like it has more potential than everything NMS has shown to date. I think that speaks volumes about just how bad NMS really is.
    Are you really going to put so much into a trailer? Did you learn nothing from the NMS debacle?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I agree with Rhorle here..you're diving a bit too deep into the hatewagon and that seems to be your only motive to jump on the Osiris hypetrain. It's an Early Access. If you would ask me, it only _just_ escapes the Alpha tag. It's definitely a game with perspective and it has enough vertical progression to be worth it, but at the same time, if you happen to get unlucky (you die and lose all your shit too far from base-camp, or all habitats have been claimed on rich zones, with only barren zones left), the limited horizontal variety to be able to progress will turn the game into a heavy grind.

Hold off comparing a finished title to an Early Access. Though for that price.. I guess it is more than 1/3 of what NMS was supposed to be

You realize that the NMS trailers are fucking incredible and were a huge part of what drove the hype for the game...right?

all i saw was a generic guy shoot at a spider and ride a spider/space boat.

so its pretty much halo with some base building.

no mans sky was always based around exploration with minimal to no combat shown in most trailers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah, kind of like google maps.
    Geoguessr is a hella fun game, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I agree with Rhorle here..you're diving a bit too deep into the hatewagon and that seems to be your only motive to jump on the Osiris hypetrain. It's an Early Access. If you would ask me, it only _just_ escapes the Alpha tag. It's definitely a game with perspective and it has enough vertical progression to be worth it, but at the same time, if you happen to get unlucky (you die and lose all your shit too far from base-camp, or all habitats have been claimed on rich zones, with only barren zones left), the limited horizontal variety to be able to progress will turn the game into a heavy grind.

Hold off comparing a finished title to an Early Access. Though for that price.. I guess it is more than 1/3 of what NMS was supposed to be
    Simply going off of how even just the trailer for early access Osiris seems to have more depth, detail, and things to do compared to the released "finished" NMS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply going off of how even just the trailer for early access Osiris seems to have more depth, detail, and things to do compared to the released "finished" NMS.
    Going by the trailers for no man sky it seems to have more depth, detail and things to do compared to the released "finished" NMS, so you'll have to excuse our scepticism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you not remember anything you or hundreds of others have said about No Man's Sky? Where the trailers and early developer information is nothing like the finished product of the game? And now you want to do the exact same thing with another game and claim it is fine to do? Pot meet Kettle.

Osiris doesn't even have fuel enabled yet.

You mean like the early No Many's Sky trailers did, including the E3 2014 trailer?

Did you learn literally nothing from this whole debacle about not taking marketing trailers at face value?