Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Game is doing fine without flying its a vocal minority that wants it thats all. Lets see if this wonderful thread of hate can reach 1000 pages
    And to think, this "vocal minority" made them reverse the decision to remove flight permanently. Blizzard must really care about what the players want.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Poor transportation can make otherwise decent content feel very tedious.
    Swtor has poor transportation, but that never stopped anyone. The only person being affected by these poor excuses is the pro-flier who just wants to instantly teleport to every node, herb, treasure, and questing hub. Some games don't even have transportation and are still wildly popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I said the game would be better with flight. That much even you shouldn't deny. Why would a game be worse for having a feature that is enjoyable?
    Games are also more enjoyable with cheat codes. But in most cases, cheat codes in an MMO would simply make the player unsub for the last 18 months of the game. WoW is a timesink. The more time you spend, the longer you must stay subbed. The longer you are subbed, the more Blizzard makes. Last time any of us checked, Blizz is not a non-profit LLC. We're getting flight... eventually. But as Rebecca put it, the best thing to do is vote with your wallet and don't buy or sub until the 2nd part of the Pathfinder is unlocked and released.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Swtor has poor transportation, but that never stopped anyone. The only person being affected by these poor excuses is the pro-flier who just wants to instantly teleport to every node, herb, treasure, and questing hub. Some games don't even have transportation and are still wildly popular.
    SWtOR (relatively) recently added items that teleport you to the daily-quest zones. This was around the same time they introduced level scaling so players could get relevant rewards from daily quests on every planet, without the teleports you'd be hitting about 5 or 6 loading screens as you travel between quests.

I think really it boils down to what you consider "poor" transportation. Personally I've always liked traveling in WoW, even in Vanilla when you'd have to run halfway across the world to do a dungeon or quest I enjoyed getting out and seeing the sights.

With the number of flightpaths and various travel devices in WoD and now Legion there's barely any inconvenience in getting around without flying mounts so I think Blizz have hit a decent balance that allows them to ground players for the type of content they want to develop without there being large periods where the player is just traveling.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2016-10-04 at 02:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I am already speaking for 5 people including me, this is the entirety of my small, casual, RP-guild. We all want flying back ASAP and without all the hoops to jump thorugh while hands tied on our backs and only possible once in a blue moon.

This expansion is all heavily about gating. You can defend Blizzard all day, and I will still despise them for using such cheap and disgusting tactics on people who have been loyal customers for years.

Druids are special snowflakes regarding gathering. Of course you don't miss flying that much if you don't have to change shape when farming.
    The world is still not more exciting with scaling and no flight. It is more annoying. Honestly, mob's aggro should be reduced by gear level if they all scale to 110. As things are now, this is an embarrasing low level of AI.
    I too am on an RP realm. Jumping through hoops, as you put it, was hardly a challenge. I went out into the zones, knocked out my tasks, and got my achieve. As a Guardian druid, I still have to mount an actual mount to enjoy that bonus, which means I lose my fighting pose just to use a mount. While you can dismount and dash into the fray, I have to wait for my Bear or Cat form to take shape.

On the other note, every expansion has been about gating.

TBC - Keys and Attunements gated behind rep/heroics
    Wrath - Gear and mounts gated behind rep/achievements
    Cata - Gear gated behind rep and mounts behind achieves
    MoP - BiS gear gated behind rep and dailies
    WoD - Gear limited to 3 crafted, other gear gated behind crystals, mounts and gear gated behind rep

As for Druids being special, that was true until WoD. If you had a Stable, you could farm from the back of a mount. Even in Legion there is an item that allows the same sort of effect. The world scaling IS exciting. It means that no matter which zone you are in, mobs/quests/gear/rep are all very relevant. Just because someone might be eager for the easier version does not make it irrelevant.

Be honest for one moment: Flying makes the game easier, and that is the biggest (not the only) reason you and your people want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And to think, this "vocal minority" made them reverse the decision to remove flight permanently.
    Citation needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    SWtOR (relatively) recently added items that teleport you to the daily-quest zones. This was around the same time they introduced level scaling so players could get relevant rewards from daily quests on every planet, without the teleports you'd be hitting about 5 or 6 loading screens as you travel between quests.

I think really it boils down to what you consider "poor" transportation. Personally I've always liked traveling in WoW, even in Vanilla when you'd have to run halfway across the world to do a dungeon or quest I enjoyed getting out and seeing the sights.

With the number of flightpaths and various travel devices in WoD and now Legion there's barely any inconvenience in getting around without flying mounts so I think Blizz have hit a decent balance that allows them to ground players for the type of content they want to develop without there being large periods where the player is just traveling.
    WoW no longer has a poor travel system. With new Dalaran, not only do we have portals to all 4 major cities, and the vale, but the hall of guardians offers another 5 portals everywhere including CoT, Ancient Dalaran, Wyrmrest Temple, and more. Once in SW or Org, there are still portals to all of the cata zones, and if you need Dalaran-Northrend, you simply take the Vale portal from new Dal, and run upstairs. There are so many ways to rush around Azeroth, flight feels less like empowerment and more like a footnote. This doesn't even count the Garrison hearthstone, and Ashran with all of it's portals, and the other two portals in the Mage tower. Plus for 10g, you can teleport from the Vale to Ratchet, and then hop a boat to booty bay.

As you mentioned it, travel in Vanilla. If you made a Night Elf, but wanted to get to Stormwind, you had to run on foot to Darnasus, then on foot to the boat, then on foot from Menethil Harbor through the gauntlet, into Loch Modan and then Dun Morogh just to take a tram from Ironforge. Eventually I got creative and found a small shallow cove across the bay from Menethil near Dun Morogh where you could drown yourself and rezz in the graveyard at Kharanos. Otherwise, taking a new elf from Aldrassil to SW meant spending 35-40 minutes running IF you got lucky and didn't die along the way.

Flight is just another reminder that the fun we used to have exploring is gone in most zones since we can now zip right over everything. As much as I love flight, and my mounts, a big part of me wishes they'd never brought it to Azeroth and just left it in Outland and Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's evidence that they consider the topic resolved and are unwilling to entertain further discussion about it. That's not new news. It's not exactly new news either that they delete threads and topics they don't consider constructive or that get derailed.

Truth is I can usually find an open thread about it somewhere in the first 3-4 pages of threads when I go over there. Are they going to close multiple threads on the topic? Probably, yes. There's no real point to letting everyone spawn a thread about the same thing.
    Sadly this is the problem when everyone and his mother are making new threads about the same issue and they dont even take the time to look on page two of the threads to see if someone posted let alone use the searchfunction to search the forums after that same subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The issue is not nodes,PvP or anything.
    Despite the DEVs swearing on the contrary, they want us to waste more time by adding trash, getting lost, being restricted to slow speeds, having to obey the terrain.

It's as simple as that. I'm usually spending 2-3 minutes on travel per world quest. Doing 15, that's already 25mins+ they slow me down, compared to having the ability to fly there directly and landing next to the mobs/objectives I actually need.
    If you only have an hour or 1.5 hours to play on a given evening that really starts to take the fun out of the game.

Don't fall for the PR bullshit. Look at Legion. It is designed to eat as much of your time as it can while having you do pointless and menial things like travel.

Also: LOL at Blizzards hypocrisy when it comes to the whistle.
    A flying mount which NPCs use all the friggin time "breaks immersion" but some instant teleport black/load screen does not?
    So what this comes down to is time? Is that why flying is so important? So what about those that only have 30 mins/day? Should we make it so that they can just teleport from quest to quest? Or perhaps we should let them just send us the stuff to the mailbox? Apparently "some" people have enough time spending writing countless posts on forums on how they hate that we dont get flying ingame from start but they dont have the cpl of mins that it takes to fly with taxi over the map between the quests? Bollocks i say.

Also to the previous poster that say "why dont those that want to dont use flying dont use them and those that want to fly do that" , well imagine this me and the "flyguy" start at the same node/herb or whatever, he flys to the next, perhaps he arrives 10-20 secs before me and when i get there the vein is gone. How is that a good thing? Dont you think that i would pretty mcuh be forced to fly also?

WoW no longer has a poor travel system.
    but we do

they improved taxis and gave us the whistle, which is good, but travelling on foot is pretty tedious. there is no valley of 4 winds, that is pretty much flat, zones are sometimes frustrating to navigate through, tons of stuff that blocks your mount needlessly, little hills everywhere, that cant be climbed and have to be circled around, fair ammount of water to cross (no waterstrider here :/) I always sigh at some WQs, simply because getting to them is not gonna be a fun time

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is why MMOs that are designed ports from the ground up make sure that they are located a various location for leveling. Legion's flight whistle is siimply a port to AFK flight path which is worse than actually teleport system.

Legion is an example of cutting corners like WoD and using time gating to the extreme. This is why gating flying seems to be part of the time gating excess, but I don't see players tolerating extreme costs for herbs and ores because of no flying as raiding continues the next few months.
    I dont think the cost of herbs and ore are so dependant on flying/noflying as you might think. People have accumulated so much gold during draenor and also during levelling in Legion, and i believe that the raiding guilds buy up alot aswell and they buy what is cheapest on the auctionhouse at the time they need it and they need alot. And sure there will be more herbs/ore when flying hits but i think the prices will drop before the flying hits, way before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    but we do

they improved taxis and gave us the whistle, which is good, but travelling on foot is pretty tedious. there is no valley of 4 winds, that is pretty much flat, zones are sometimes frustrating to navigate through, tons of stuff that blocks your mount needlessly, little hills everywhere, that cant be climbed and have to be circled around, fair ammount of water to cross (no waterstrider here :/) I always sigh at some WQs, simply because getting to them is not gonna be a fun time
    Way to gloss over my entire post in an effort to single out the first sentence. There is nothing wrong with the current system compared to Vanilla, or even TBC/Wrath. Are we still on foot til 40? Do we still have to wait til 70 for flight? Do we still have to walk/ride to the entrance of the dungeon, or are we now simply teleported courtesy of LFD?

If we still had to travel like we did back then, I could see an issue. Even gryphons were slow, and winding. These days, even at 310 and flying in a straight line, I barely beat the gryphon my kid is riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Citation needed.
    Sure, because after they announced "no more flying, ever" they saw the errors of their ways and reversed the decision them self. Right?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    but we do

Glad some of you guys aren't developers. You propose we should have cool zones with flying or you complain.. Or really flat featureless zones and no flying.. Or you complain. You do see why Blizzard isn't catering to you right?

Deleted
    Would you mind to explain "wildly popular"? Because people arguing against "WoW is dead" with "there is still no other MMO out here that is even close in the range of WoW".
    Dont't get me wrong, other games are successful too. But popular is being the word for "many people playing it", which is over millions since WoW first started. So... successful yes, popular... want to know the definition. Besides that, two of the biggest competitors (in terms of numbers) just recently added flying to their game while Blizzard try to cut it out, which are Final Fantasy a Realm reborn and Guildwars 2 Heart of thorns. So the situation in general is not a very good example of flight getting cut from a game being a good idea. More the opposite like "to make a game more successful simply add flight to it".

Sure, because after they announced "no more flying, ever" they saw the errors of their ways and reversed the decision them self. Right?
    Hold on lemme try using your kind of logic. We have no flying at max level right now. The overwhelming majority of players want no flying.

(no citation needed)

Deleted
    Glad some of you guys aren't developers. You propose we should have cool zones with flying or you complain.. Or really flat featureless zones and no flying.. Or you complain. You do see why Blizzard isn't catering to you right?
    I wouldn't be so sure that Blizzard wouldn't change their original plans. Who is telling you that they won't change plans and release flight earlier?
    And don't answer with "common sense" since you showed at a lot of times that you are missing it when it comes to flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    I dont think the cost of herbs and ore are so dependant on flying/noflying as you might think. People have accumulated so much gold during draenor and also during levelling in Legion, and i believe that the raiding guilds buy up alot aswell and they buy what is cheapest on the auctionhouse at the time they need it and they need alot. And sure there will be more herbs/ore when flying hits but i think the prices will drop before the flying hits, way before.
    ^^^Hit it right on the nose. The only reason herbs, enchants, and consumables are expensive is because the people who need them are the guild pushing mythic in early content, who also tend to be the folks who maximized the money train that was WOD. We have enough gold that the cost doesn't negatively impact the folks primarily contributing to the consumable market; this will even out once that market flux ends. Nothing to do with flying. lol
    It's all ogre now

(no citation needed)
    But a bit of sense would be nice.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

But a bit of sense would be nice.
    So you can make a presumption of player reaction based on Blizzards internal design decisions but i can't?

So you can make a presumption of player reaction based on Blizzards internal design decisions but i can't?
    Blizzard: No more flying, ever. We believe this is what is best for the game.
    Players: We are not happy.
    Blizzard: OK, flying is back.

In your infinite wisdom, please explain.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2016-10-04 at 04:01 PM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Well yes... but your presumptions (at least in this thread) have been.... how can i say it the nice way.... wrong, flawed from beginning to the end, partially bogus.
    You say that flight didn't cut out although it was a made decision because of reasons, but under no circumstances it could be because enough people did quit over the announcement. A presumptions that is wrong, flawed and total bogus. Since "reasons" you never cared to explain.... well at least not in a logic way.