Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Fortified is horrible on the first miniboss :C

Fortified + Raging this week is total LUL
    You lust and use CDs and you're set. That's how we did VotW+10 last week on EU.

But yeah, in combination with Raging and/or Necrotic it's obviously a bitch. I was talking specifically about the combo those guys had (Sanguine/Overflowing). I'd very much prefer Fortified over Tyrannical for that combo (although I guess Fortified is worse on a "time spent" basis).

Congratulations

On a side note do you have any tips for bear tanks in mythic plus?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I dare anyone to try EoA on 10+ with Tyrannical. My guild barely got through EoA+8 after like 30m of just trying him. That was a nightmare that we won't soon be revisiting... *shudders*

OT: Grats on the World First, if it's a World First!
    Spent almost 2 hours on EoA +10 last night. The last boss is a damn nightmare. We kept wiping around 5% until we had to call it to go raid.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    Great job guys!
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

gratz guys ^^ have fun with your new skins

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    gratz guys ^^ have fun with your new skins
    don't think they can get them until they complete the balance of power legendary questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I dare anyone to try EoA on 10+ with Tyrannical. My guild barely got through EoA+8 after like 30m of just trying him. That was a nightmare that we won't soon be revisiting... *shudders*
    We cleared EoA on +11 and almost +2 chested the dungeon (timer change for latest hotfix was needed). The dungeon is incredibly easy except for the last boss, which simply requires coordinated movement from all 5 players to make sure that you're together. If you end up using hero and not beating the boss you're stuck waiting for 10 minutes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I'd say that Fortified instead of Tyrannical would change nothing for them, because Sanguine/Overflowing is just easy and the trash is not that big a deal.
    Fortified changes the way that you can pull trash in a lot of dungeons (Vault included). This can really affect the timer due to lost AoE damage and fewer pot opportunities (can't double pot on 1 big pull because you need pot on the next pull). Especially with a bear tank, where it's important to pull as much as possible to maximize Rage of the Sleeper damage (stun as little as possible).

Tyrannical doesn't change your strategy at all. It requires smart defensive usage to prevent 1 shot abilities and slightly more single target damage, but that is much easier to handle overall. The only change we had to make for Tyrannical was in our Arcway +14 clear. We intentionally cleared trash past the Spider Boss to allow hero to reset. We then ran back to the Spider Boss and used hero on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    On a side note do you have any tips for bear tanks in mythic plus?
    It's hard to give generic advice for bear tanking on Mythic+ when so much is affected by the affixes. As mentioned above, you want to maximize Rage of the Sleeper damage on big pulls (Your 1st golden should be Embrace the Nightmare). Displacer Beast and Typhoon are criminally underrated for utility on certain affixes (Necrotic/Sanguine). And, communication with your healer regarding Frenzied Regen usage/stacks is hugely important for higher Mythic+ (i.e. don't heal me I've got this damage covered for the next 10-20 seconds keep dpsing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Spent almost 2 hours on EoA +10 last night. The last boss is a damn nightmare. We kept wiping around 5% until we had to call it to go raid.
    If you guys (which kick ass!) - are having issues like that with +10... I'm not even going to try it until the end of the xpac hahahahah

Congrats on the +15. Did you guys just hope for specific keys or was it more "Well, this is what we have here's a strat for it" type scenario?

Ugh arcway? A wipe and u're fu**ed up with those super annoying banshees respawning every 5 minutes and a super long walk
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    We cleared EoA on +11 and almost +2 chested the dungeon (timer change for latest hotfix was needed). The dungeon is incredibly easy except for the last boss, which simply requires coordinated movement from all 5 players to make sure that you're together. If you end up using hero and not beating the boss you're stuck waiting for 10 minutes though.

Fortified changes the way that you can pull trash in a lot of dungeons (Vault included). This can really affect the timer due to lost AoE damage and fewer pot opportunities (can't double pot on 1 big pull because you need pot on the next pull). Especially with a bear tank, where it's important to pull as much as possible to maximize Rage of the Sleeper damage (stun as little as possible).

Tyrannical doesn't change your strategy at all. It requires smart defensive usage to prevent 1 shot abilities and slightly more single target damage, but that is much easier to handle overall. The only change we had to make for Tyrannical was in our Arcway +14 clear. We intentionally cleared trash past the Spider Boss to allow hero to reset. We then ran back to the Spider Boss and used hero on it.

It's hard to give generic advice for bear tanking on Mythic+ when so much is affected by the affixes. As mentioned above, you want to maximize Rage of the Sleeper damage on big pulls (Your 1st golden should be Embrace the Nightmare). Displacer Beast and Typhoon are criminally underrated for utility on certain affixes (Necrotic/Sanguine). And, communication with your healer regarding Frenzied Regen usage/stacks is hugely important for higher Mythic+ (i.e. don't heal me I've got this damage covered for the next 10-20 seconds keep dpsing).
    I see, trash must hurt like hell on the higher difficulties, Highest i've done was +9 and trash already hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    I see, trash must hurt like hell on the higher difficulties, Highest i've done was +9 and trash already hurts
    It hurts doubly if you swap out of bear form.

Congrats, that's awesomely done.