Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Sultan Erdogan can come and fucking try to take them.

First off, wouldn't that trigger NATO having to defend Greece? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the US chose to side with Turkey in even that bad of a situation. But would the rest of NATO go along with that?

Second, fuck Erdogan and his lap dog loyalists.
    Fuck no, Many citizens in countries with lots of turks are pissed at Erdy for starting that godamn witch hunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Is their any other non Greek source conforming any of this because when I google this only greek English sites

The only reason why people outside turkey hate Erdogan is because they can put a face and name on somebody thats Muslim and then spout a ton of hatred.
    Ye... it has nothing to do with the witch hunt on gulan followers he started in a bunch of euro countries, he is causing us problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @Ulmita, you are wishing a war for Turkey, it's probably your wet dream but remember last two times. You trusted West in Cyprus, you got the hard kick in your ass. You trusted Britain in 1920 and it was a decimation for Greece. The war that you so desire between Greece and Turkey would be yet-another disaster for you. When shit gets real, others won't be so eager to engage in a conventional warfare with Turkey and save your ass. This also includes Russia. It is the the fools and warmongers like you lead the two campaigns against Turkey. Not sure if this desire of yours is pure historical ignorance, or plain madness.
    If there was a war between Greece and Turkey, you can be sure Greece wouldn't be alone. Exactly who would step in to help, that I don't know.
    Will I ever see you talking about how to improve the relations between Turkey and Greece?
    If Turkey and Greece were to ever get along, Turkey would need to self improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If there was a war between Greece and Turkey, you can be sure Greece wouldn't be alone. Exactly who would step in to help, that I don't know.

NATO, ofcourse.

Depends on who is the aggressor. You can be damn sure that Turkey won't be aggressor. The official state paradigm of Turkey is defensive in nature. The current government is probably the most "aggressive" Turkey can get and they've taken their lessons.

Just a blank statement. I could say otherwise, it would be equally blank. Both countries need to improve, not just Turkey.

Deleted
    Depends on who is the aggressor. You can be damn sure that Turkey won't be aggressor. The official state paradigm of Turkey is defensive in nature. The current government is probably the most "aggressive" Turkey can get and they've taken their lessons.
    O'really? because i remember the '96 Imia incident, the casus beli turkey has if Greece uses its right to expand national air and water territory to 12nm, the S300 incident with Greece/Cyprus, the constant Greek FIR violations and many many more.
    Oh wait those are just propaganda, amirite???????? Le sigh.
    Last edited by mmocd15301155a; 2016-10-04 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Quote Originally Posted by calimmacil View Post
    O'really? because i remember the '96 Imia incident, the casus beli turkey has if Greece uses its right to expand national air and water territory to 12nm, the S300 incident with Greece/Cyprus, the constant Greek FIR violations and many many more.
    Oh wait those are just propaganda, amirite???????? Le sigh.
    How do you know Greece wasn't the aggressor in 96? Air space violations occurs between disputed airspace, waters and reported by Greek army, which may consider entire Asio Minor as Greek depending on their mood.

So, in essence, you are saying when there is a disagreement Turkey must be the aggressor. You just name the incidents, you didn't list why you think Turkey is the aggressor. The fact is that you don't know, you just heard that Turkey is being aggressive in your media.

Imia is perhaps the finest example of Greek aggression and ambition in Aegean, together with the coup they planned in Cyprus.

"le sigh"

I am dealing with kids in this forum...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-04 at 03:25 PM.

Erdogan and Putin are looking more and more alike for every passing day. Seriously, are we living in 1916 or 2016? Sometimes it's hard to tell these last number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Turkey is in NATO too so no, NATO wouldn't help. EU though is a different matter.
    Doubt it.

The EU litterally stood and watched as ethnic cleansing took place in Serbia/Kosovo.

I think Greece will be in their own on this one. Every survey I have seen has Greece as being the least friendly country towards the U.S. so.....don't expect much from us.

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know Greece wasn't the aggressor in 96? Air space violations occurs between disputed airspace, waters and reported by Greek army, which may consider entire Asio Minor as Greek depending on their mood.

So, in essence, you are saying when there is a disagreement Turkey must be the aggressor. You just name the incidents, you didn't list why you think Turkey is the aggressor. The fact is that you don't know, you just heard that Turkey is being aggressive in your media.

Imia is perhaps the finest example of Greek aggression and ambition in Aegean, together with the coup they planned in Cyprus.

"le sigh"

Turkey is seen as the aggressor because they usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Turkey is seen as the aggressor because they usually are.
    Give some examples with reasons and enlighten me as well.

Give some examples with reasons and enlighten me as well.
    *looks at last 400 years of history*

Yep.

*looks at last 400 years of history*

Yep.
    Ottoman Empire, being an empire, was as aggressive as the next one. Moving on, in earlier centuries, war and conquest was considered normal, unlike today. More importantly, I was talking about the last Turkish state which is the Republic of Turkey.

Ottoman Empire, being an empire, was as aggressive as the next one. Moving on, in earlier centuries, war and conquest was considered normal, unlike today. More importantly, I was talking about the last Turkish state which is the Republic of Turkey.
    They have been aggressors more often than not over the last 800 years. Not a great track record there.

Pretty much any flag that has the cresent moon in it has no right to lecture anyone else on being peaceful.

Deleted

"le sigh"

In '96 turkish "reporters" traveled to Imia by helicopter and removed the Greek flag and put the turkish up (fyi Imia is way over the 3nm that the Lausanne treaty says turkey has no right) and that is what started it all.
    FIR violations happen when a plane, be it warplane or a civilian plane, does not submit flight plans to the flight authority the ICAO has deemed it has supervision over an FIR area (in this particular case ATHENS FIR). I am not talking about national air space violations that are a different matter but for international violations that threaten civilian air traffic.
    As for the Cyprus part that happened in 97 when Cyprus bought an air DEFENSE system and you guys just did not like it, you know because they could actually defend them selves against you.
    Since the 70s turkey has been the bully in the area, not only towards Greece but every neighboring country.

It seems you are the KID in this forum.

They have been aggressors more often than not over the last 800 years. Not a great track record there.
    The question is was there a party which wasn't aggressive in 16th century? You can't judge history by the morals of today.

Pretty much any flag that has the cresent moon in it has no right to lecture anyone else on being peaceful.
    First, that cresent moon is a Turkic symbol from Central Asia and second, you, as an American, should not really lecture people about peace. Your country is in a constant state of war since it's formation and actively destabilizing various regions in the world. USA is no better than Ottoman Empire which you deem aggressive.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-04 at 03:49 PM.

The question is was there a party which wasn't aggressive in 16th century? You can't judge history by the morals of today.

First, that cresent moon is a Turkic symbol from Central Asia and second, you, as an American, should lecture people about peace. You are no better than Ottoman Empire.
    When was the last time the U.S. forcibly annexed another country?

Can't judge by the morals of today.....I'm inclined to agree, I hope you feel,the same way when this forum discusses slavery.

Deleted
    First, that cresent moon is a Turkic symbol from Central Asia and second, you, as an American, should lecture people about peace. You are no better than Ottoman Empire.
    Really? because there are coins from ancient Byzantium that want a word with you.

In '96 turkish "reporters" traveled to Imia by helicopter and removed the Greek flag and put the turkish up (fyi Imia is way over the 3nm that the Lausanne treaty says turkey has no right) and that is what started it all.
    FIR violations happen when a plane, be it warplane or a civilian plane, does not submit flight plans to the flight authority the ICAO has deemed it has supervision over an FIR area (in this particular case ATHENS FIR). I am not talking about national air space violations that are a different matter but for international violations that threaten civilian air traffic.
    As for the Cyprus part that happened in 97 when Cyprus bought an air DEFENSE system and you guys just did not like it, you know because they could actually defend them selves against you.
    Since the 70s turkey has been the bully in the area, not only towards Greece but every neighboring country.

Turkey reminds me of khorne cultists. They are very aggressive.

Deleted
    turkey reminds me of khorne cultists. They are very aggressive.

purge the heretic, for the emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Greek flag wasn't there all the time, it was put, at best, few days, probably hours, ago. Lausanne says no such thing. It says anything closer than 3 mile is given to Turkish side. It doesn't say anything further than 3 miles CAN NOT be Turkish. The FIR violations you are talking about irrelevant to Turkey's aggression against Greece. As for Cyprus, it's a defensive move, not offensive.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-04 at 03:55 PM.

The Greek flag wasn't there all the time, it was put, at best, few days, probably hours, ago. Lausanne says no such thing. It says anything closer than 3 mile is given to Turkish side. It doesn't say anything further than 3 miles CAN NOT be Turkish.
    Who would want to be part of Turkey anyway...yuck....there's a reason so many Turks move to Germany