Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Suramar is so huge it requires several teleporters to even be remotely traversible. Huge Stormwind would suck.
    What if the huge SW would have teleporters...

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    What if the huge SW would have teleporters...
    Teleporters are a bad designer's way of making something huge and cumbersome traversible. They're unintuitive and requires learning as they're just a click to appear elsewhere. Suramar City is huge because it's awesome as a questing area, but it'd suck for sure as a city.

I'm not wholly against the idea, but to simply say "I wish Stormwind was this huge!" is stupid, because that'd suck. Make it a city where flying is enabled and required to reach, as huge cities are very easy to get lost in.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2016-10-04 at 01:20 PM.

Bigger capital cities wouldn't be necessary, but I sure would like to see them refreshed.

There was a long time there where changing the capital city beyond recognition would have been too jarring for players who were attached to the original look. But that time has loooooong passed.

PS: The teleporters are wonderful, I really struggle to see all sides of an opinion but that one is just...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    And us flying around right now in the city is any different? (Via Kites / Gliders you can skip a good chunk of the city) When flying is introduced you can make it a no-fly zone for yourself. No need to remove it for others.
    I agree.
    The city is navigable by ground travel now.
    Therefore you are welcome to do so later.
    As is currently all the Legion content.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Someone has never played GW2 i see. It is quite small compared to Divinity's Reach and obviously much less detailed. Not to take anything away from Suramar City. It is a fantastic location.
    Yeah but Divinity's Reach is just sic really. They totally out did themselves on that one. I also really like the Char Citadel, really captures their motif. Compared to the other WOW cities, Suramar represents a clear evolution in style and design. It would be great to see the old cities get a similar make over. I know the argument: that will take time away from other elements of game design. Maybe it doesn't have to. Maybe we could "rebuild" the cities through world quests and crafting events.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Love: It looks beautiful, truly stunning.

Hate: It is the absolute worst area to navigate around in the history of the game, there is no way I am going there on any alt untill after flying is in lol.

It's a shame that the terrible layout made me hate questing in the zone because it is truly beautiful
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-10-04 at 02:18 PM.

Teleporters are a bad designer's way of making something huge and cumbersome traversible. They're unintuitive and requires learning as they're just a click to appear elsewhere. Suramar City is huge because it's awesome as a questing area, but it'd suck for sure as a city.

I'm not wholly against the idea, but to simply say "I wish Stormwind was this huge!" is stupid, because that'd suck. Make it a city where flying is enabled and required to reach, as huge cities are very easy to get lost in.
    To be fair the only reason Suramar needs portals it the upper and lower sections. If you can't take 1-2 minutes out of your day to go from one side to the next MMORPG's are not for you.

And a city like Suramar could easily be used as a neutral hub which would make the size less of an issue as parts would be horde/alliance only.

To be fair the only reason Suramar needs portals it the upper and lower sections. If you can't take 1-2 minutes out of your day to go from one side to the next MMORPG's are not for you.

And a city like Suramar could easily be used as a neutral hub which would make the size less of an issue as parts would be horde/alliance only.
    Right. Look, this may be hard to grasp, so I'll make it simple.

Which is the most successful MMO?
    Have you seen any huge player cities in said MMO?
    Why do you think that is?

If the answer to the last question is "they're hard to make" then that's the wrong answer. They may be hard to make, but that's not the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Love: It looks beautiful, truly stunning.

Hate: It is the absolute worst area to navigate around in the history of the game, there is no way I am going there on any alt untill after flying is in lol.

It's a shame that the terrible layout made me hate questing in the zone because it is truly beautiful
    The layout is another aspect I really like, it's got sufficient complexity, with teh eye candy to actually feel like a city, with many roads, avenues, etc, you can port around Suramr , stick to main roads and still not know the city after spending weeks questing every day.. now for a place that isn't or doesn't taake up that much space on the map, it's brilliant.

Free exploration is happened by the quest limtiations for now, but makes it feel all the more bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    It is impressive for a World of Warcraft city, but it is not impressive in MMORPG world.
    What mmo in 2016 is more impressive than Legion?

Right. Look, this may be hard to grasp, so I'll make it simple.

Which is the most successful MMO?
    Have you seen any huge player cities in said MMO?
    Why do you think that is?

If the answer to the last question is "they're hard to make" then that's the wrong answer. They may be hard to make, but that's not the reason.
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
    How about you prove the reverse then, or even explain objectively why big cities are more fun than moderately sized ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Never have I ever seen something so impressive in World of Warcraft, it's absolutely astounding. I wish we could get a city hub like this, holy fucking shit. Not to mention how the dungeon/raid entrances are inside the city with old vanilla/tbc entrance swirls and you have to ATTUNE to them!

Just wanted to share my hype, leave below what you think of it.
    It's my favorite and least favorite part of the game. I love it's beauty, dispair at the absurdity of guard density.

How about you prove the reverse then, or even explain objectively why big cities are more fun than moderately sized ones?
    Never claimed them to be more "fun" which is a very subjective term. I claimed that it feels more grand and that it's not that difficult to navigate once you get used to the layout.

From a practical aspect Dalaran is probably one of the more efficient cities if it had an AH but it really doesn't give any sense of grandeur. Personally I'm willing to sacrifice a couple of minutes a day to have cities feel grand while I visit them, never said everyone has to agree with me. The argument that it's hard to navigate isn't very valid though as a city like Suramar without the hostile NPC's wouldn't be bad at all to navigate if it has portals to go between the lower and upper levels. It takes me, with hostile NPC's, 2-3 minutes to go from one side to the other on my mount.

Never claimed them to be more "fun" which is a very subjective term. I claimed that it feels more grand and that it's not that difficult to navigate once you get used to the layout.

From a practical aspect Dalaran is probably one of the more efficient cities if it had an AH but it really doesn't give any sense of grandeur. Personally I'm willing to sacrifice a couple of minutes a day to have cities feel grand while I visit them, never said everyone has to agree with me. The argument that it's hard to navigate isn't very valid though as a city like Suramar without the hostile NPC's wouldn't be bad at all to navigate if it has portals to go between the lower and upper levels. It takes me, with hostile NPC's, 2-3 minutes to go from one side to the other on my mount.
    Any idea why Dalaran is the most popular city, to the point of it returning as the player hub?

I agree about the sense of grandeur, though that only goes so far and is VASTLY overshadowed by the annoyance of having to traverse a big city. It really really sucks.

Any idea why Dalaran is the most popular city, to the point of it returning as the player hub?
    How do you know it's the most popular? It's return probably has more to do with the story than anything else.

I agree about the sense of grandeur, though that only goes so far and is VASTLY overshadowed by the annoyance of having to traverse a big city. It really really sucks.
    I'm sorry but I just disagree, like I said, Suramar isn't bad at all if you take out the hostile NPC's.

How do you know it's the most popular? It's return probably has more to do with the story than anything else.
    You talk about how I'm wrong for saying a huge player city is shitty design, but you don't even know what the common opinion is? Dalaran has always been way above the others, with Shattrath being second.

I'm sorry but I just disagree, like I said, Suramar isn't bad at all if you take out the hostile NPC's.
    I'm willing to bet you haven't spent all that many days in there yet. Plus, the NPCs actually mask the underlying issues of a huge city rather than accenuate them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Never have I ever seen something so impressive in World of Warcraft, it's absolutely astounding. I wish we could get a city hub like this, holy fucking shit. Not to mention how the dungeon/raid entrances are inside the city with old vanilla/tbc entrance swirls and you have to ATTUNE to them!

Just wanted to share my hype, leave below what you think of it.
    Suramar is my favorite part of Legion. Practically everything about it blows me away.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The image of flying over Suramar City will forever stay with me

You talk about how I'm wrong for saying a huge player city is shitty design, but you don't even know what the common opinion is? Dalaran has always been way above the others, with Shattrath being second.
    I see no proof that it's the most popular...

The statement it self suggests you done a survey involving all players to determine a fact. Judging by this tread Suramar seems very popular...I mean if we're going by that kind of evidence.

I'm willing to bet you haven't spent all that many days in there yet. Plus, the NPCs actually mask the underlying issues of a huge city rather than accenuate them.
    I have 3x 110 chars who all completed the Suramar quest line and one is exalted with the other two close...so I spent my fair share of time there.