Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    Yes it does. Subscribers = active players.
    Buying token = makes you a monthly active player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    I dont bite it. So he says how many subs legion has to an shit magazine in poland. SEEMS LEGIT TO ME

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Wow guys? They actually released some positive news about the game we love and play and yet you still feel so much hate towards it?

I am very happy WoW is doing great again, means WoW will live longer. You fools..
    Because if the numbers hadn't improved nobody would know about it. The increase is due to it being the start of an expansion. The question is now can they maintain the quo or will it drop off again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Step 1: Refuse to report subs when subs are massively declining.
    Step 2: Report subs after an expansion launch.
    Step 3: Repeat from step 1.

And that is how you maintain the illusion that your game is more popular than it actually is. Just something I find funny, even though I understand why they're doing it.
    are you kidding me? there is no illusion
    for wow to go from 10mill to 5mill back to 10mill
    the game clearly is not dying
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    100% without a doubt 100k subs are duplicate accounts and firelands bots
    Uh.. So? How is this a new thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yes it does. Subscribers = active players.
    Buying token = makes you a monthly active player.
    but we have never been told by blizzard if they actually include or exclude wow token use as an active subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah for sure. Problem is if they don't hold interest the drop off will just keep getting worse and worse is my point.
    That's a matter of giving people things to do. The sharpest declines in WoW's subscription numbers always happened during the long, long, looooooong content lulls between expansions. I saw it happening from Wrath to Cataclysm, from Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria and from Mists of Pandaria to Warlords of Draenor, and all my friends who played through Warlords of Draenor (I skipped that expansion) said it was the same thing until Legion dropped. The Achilles heel of every MMORPG out there is a lack of content (hell, even PvP-focused MMOs like EVE need content in the form of player-run wars), and Blizzard needs to focus on releasing things on a proper schedule otherwise they'll just get another drop in subscriptions.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    are you kidding me? there is no illusion
    for wow to go from 10mill to 5mill back to 10mill
    the game clearly is not dying
    Well considering each xpac launch since Cata/MoP has had a drop off if they don't manage to keep players hooked then another big drop off is inevitable.

Why do you all even care? Seriously, why do you give a flying fuck what the subscriber numbers are? Do you hold significant stock in the company? The game is alive to those playing it, dead to those who aren't. Shut the fuck up about it and find something worthwhile to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Jaylock was right.
    Actually he said 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    I dont bite it. So he says how many subs legion has to an shit magazine in poland. SEEMS LEGIT TO ME
    Blizzard said they'd no longer report sub numbers. It was always extremely obvious that they would (somehow) if those numbers turned out to be positive. This is why they decided to stop - so that they could control what news the public gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine part of the reason they stopped releasing them aside from investors not caring is because of mongoloids like the ones in this site. Didn't even get to 3 pages and it's already a clown fiesta.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cool.

In similar news, McDonald's averages 68 million customers a day. Subway serves around 3.5 million customers a day. High quality products, right?
    Obviously comparable to fast food. I'm intelligent!

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers can also hold more people now to so what you see on what the realm says ingame isn't totally accurate since most say "New" and or "Low"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    When was this interview done? I fully believe that it spiked to 10m a month ago like WoD did at launch. However I have seen players dropping off even faster than in WoD so I had figured 6-7m right now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because if the numbers hadn't improved nobody would know about it. The increase is due to it being the start of an expansion. The question is now can they maintain the quo or will it drop off again?
    blizzard makes in 1 year from wow what gta 5 made from 5 years of development
    blizzard makes in 1 year close to what lord of the rings and batman dark knight made
    they probably don't even care about sub losses anymore because this game has been very consistant at having a sustained income everyear at 1 billion or close to it

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I imagine part of the reason they stopped releasing them aside from investors not caring is because of mongoloids like the ones in this site. Didn't even get to 3 pages and it's already a clown fiesta.
    Investors don't actually have to be told sub numbers either. Just if the company is profiting from said games/ventures.

Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    Of course it does. Each token brings in $20, a month of subscription is at most $15.

If they deliver the frequent update schedule they promised players, they'll hang on to a lot of that 10.1 million. If not, not.

As for the drop-off, usually that spikes at 3 months, not 1. You may see less players because even new content is phased on a single server to avoid overcrowding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Why do you all even care? Seriously, why do you give a flying fuck what the subscriber numbers are? Do you hold significant stock in the company? The game is alive to those playing it, dead to those who aren't. Shut the fuck up about it and find something worthwhile to talk about.
    Because seeing the game you enjoy, doing good itselfs, make some including my quite happy.
    I rather see my game capable of staying alive a few years then knowing it is gonna die soon.

But hey, i guess you just love being that neutral guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post