Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I imagine part of the reason they stopped releasing them aside from investors not caring is because of mongoloids like the ones in this site. Didn't even get to 3 pages and it's already a clown fiesta.
    Hahaha, that's cute. The reason (99% of the reason) they stopped is because they don't want to release poor sub numbers. Do you honestly believe Tom Chilton just let the sub count "slip" to that magazine?
    Blizzard will keep reporting good sub numbers, and they won't report the bad ones. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    but we have never been told by blizzard if they actually include or exclude wow token use as an active subscriber
    It doesn't make a difference. When you buy a WoW Token in the Auction House you're not playing for free, someone else has spent money for your game time on top of the money they spent for their own game time. Hell, I'm pretty sure Blizzard would be ecstatic if everybody just used WoW tokens instead of subscribing, because the WoW tokens are more expensive than simply subscribing for a month.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

7+ Year Old Account
    Polish language is the best language. I hope for 15 milions on final expansion patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Step 1: Refuse to report subs when subs are massively declining.
    Step 2: Report subs after an expansion launch.
    Step 3: Repeat from step 1.

And that is how you maintain the illusion that your game is more popular than it actually is. Just something I find funny, even though I understand why they're doing it.
    An illusion! What are you hiding?

But seriously, for the game to rebound after WoD like that is great.

Deleted
    I wonder how many people bite this shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Hahaha, that's cute. The reason (99% of the reason) they stopped is because they don't want to release poor sub numbers. Do you honestly believe Tom Chilton just let the sub count "slip" to that magazine?
    Blizzard will keep reporting good sub numbers, and they won't report the bad ones. It really is that simple.
    He's not wrong though, tons of people here try and play armchair analysts here. It's becoming a joke.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I don't know how to navigate in reddit. Can we have a mmo-champion version please

Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    youre right, tokens should count as 1.4 subs

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Absolutely-- that was no accident on his part. Your explanation makes perfect sense. Wouldn't you do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Investors don't actually have to be told sub numbers either. Just if the company is profiting from said games/ventures.
    You do know that's what he said basically, right? Why are you saying this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering each xpac launch since Cata/MoP has had a drop off if they don't manage to keep players hooked then another big drop off is inevitable.
    a lot of the people who started playing during vanilla, bc, wotlk are older now so they are more easily bored of the game than a hyperactive kid would be
    that's the main reason why people quit
    it doesn't matter what problem existed ingame..younger people get more attached to games than older people

if blizzard can maintain a 8-10mill sub at the start of every expansion then regardless of if subs went down to 2mill the sub loss will merely give them better insight into how to anaylse bad situations so they can better prepare and avoid them so they better know how to get the 8-10mill subs back in the next expansion where they will easily make up for any loss of revanue from the previous years
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's not wrong though, tons of people here try and play armchair analysts here. It's becoming a joke.
    Yes obviously, but to say that that's the reason is absolutely laughable. Why would Blizzard care about that as long as people keep paying and playing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    It actually counts as 1 and a half subs, or there about.

Buying/Selling tokens is much more profitable.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it great how some people can manage to make good news negative v( ' - ' )v
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Because seeing the game you enjoy, doing good itselfs, make some including my quite happy.
    I rather see my game capable of staying alive a few years then knowing it is gonna die soon.

But hey, i guess you just love being that neutral guy
    WoW would be alive with >1 mil subs. Drastically reduced population of course but if they closed down all the servers and merged all the populations into just a couple of them then there would practically be no change.

The amount of individual players you've interacted with in this game throughout the lifespan of WoW and even at its highest peaks is not even close to 5% I reckon. Hell I'd be surprised if it was even 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Absolutely-- that was no accident on his part. Your explanation makes perfect sense. Wouldn't you do the same?
    Of course I would, I was just laughing at the implication that they were doing it for the sake of people discussing the sub numbers.

The game isnt going anywhere. Overwatch, HotS, and Hearthstone can keep it afloat even if subs drop below 1m. I'm not neutral just because my opinion is different than yours, i just dont bother concerning myself with shit i have no control over.

Don't understand the obsession with sub numbers. Play the damn game if you enjoy it. There's nothing more sad than the people that are constantly complaining about the game or claiming that it's dying or going to shit while at the same time still playing the game, or even worse when they're not playing at all yet still spending their time complaining about the game.

I couldn't care less how many people are subbed right now. Legion is awesome right now and I'm having lots of fucking fun still.

7+ Year Old Account
    LUL all haters who hates wow in 2015. Already higher subs than wod LUL. Wow is not going to die LUL. See ya in next 20 years of wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah for sure. Problem is if they don't hold interest the drop off will just keep getting worse and worse is my point.
    it won't get worse than warlords
    warlords gave them data on a bad situation
    before warlords they kind of had no idea how to truly prevent sublosses because a massive subloss had not ever happened yet for them to learn from it
    it's like how can a skateboarder know when to jump over a rock without ever seeing the rock despite being told there are rocks nearby
    warlords gave them very specific data which is very valuable every company needs/wants it atleast once so they can learn from it to prevent it happening in the future
    -Proffesional Necromancer-