Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Since when can an opinion is wrong? I never claimed your opinion is wrong but what is true is that raid or die for progession beyond ilevel 850 is true for most casual players.

Pulling a lever for a small chance of progression isn't going to keep casual players around unless they raid. Hence, raid or die.

- - - Updated - - -

Because of mass cancellations at the end of this month. They could have announced sub numbers last month but decided to use it as leverage to slow down the decline with positive spin.
    To which ill ask again, aside from being gossip whores, what is the fucking point of bringing this topic up?

MoP had way more content for casual player than Legion. Legion is simply pulling a lever for a possible upgrade to your gear ilevels so I do not see Legion being better for the casual player than MoP. MoP you had a deterministic way to even upgrade your gear through valor system too.
    What content that is then?

Out of my head MoP had:

1. Normal / Heroic dungeons (CM was not for the casual player)
    2. LFR raid to see the story
    3. Daily quests for about 1-2 months after release and Isle of Thunder patch, then you were done with those.
    4. Pet Battles
    5. One easily accessible world boss per patch.
    6. The Farm

And thats about it i think.

Legion has:

1. Normal / Heroic / Mythic Dungeons, M+ 2 and 3 can even be considered targetted at the casual player since they don't have affixes to play around.
    2. LFR raid to see the story
    3. WQ system that should last the entire expansion instead of 1-2 months, which can be easily be retuned as catch up in future patches and "upgraded" with more and different quests
    4. Pet Battles
    5. 12 (i think) world bosses that are easily accesible but on a rotation.
    6. Orderhall which has alot more to offer then the farm had.

All in All i see Legion easily having more options for casual players at the start of the expansion compared to MoP

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    If you do WQ, you progress to the limit of WQ...
    if you do raids, you progress to the limit of mythic raid...

cant understand... we all have limits in our gameplay.
    When world quests stop being relevant means it becomes raid or die. Thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They didn't *report* any numbers. I don't see any press release or info at their quarterly meeting for all of Activision Blizzard. This was said casually during an interview.
    Sigh. Must be nice being naive.

The reason they stopped is because players are easily swayed by sub numbers. The reason they shared the information "casually in an interview" is because they knew players would find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    And the haters are going nuts coming up with conspiracy shit, face it wow isnt dead no flying wont kill the game.
    They are saying they got more than 2 million subs more than copies of Legion sold. Sounds pretty odd to me. I guess they are from China? Do they have to buy expansions now they have to pay a sub fee? Seem peculiar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    Counting tokens as subs doesn't count.
    Of course it does, it has the same affect. Not to mention there are plenty of people like me who buy game time with gold, that would pay real money for the game. In fact they make more off of me with tokens. I was subbing for 6 months at a time, so that's $12.99 US a month when you pay that way. The tokens I buy for gold sell for $20, looks like they are making $7 more a month from that way.

When world quests stop being relevant means it becomes raid or die. Thanks for proving my point.
    you have a point, pointless one.

normal and heroic riading is as casual as WQ, mythic not. i cant do mythic since i dont have those skills and the 20man roster.
    and yes, in a couple of weeks heroic will be irrelevant for me. so what??? ive never done pvp on WoD and i wasnt claiming pvp bonus sets from raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sigh. Must be nice being naive.

The reason they stopped is because players are easily swayed by sub numbers. The reason they shared the information "casually in an interview" is because they knew players would find out.
    And this is why they waited till now to release the numbers not a month ago. More hype train than reality.

- - - Updated - - -

you have a point, pointless one.

normal and heroic riading is as casual as WQ, mythic not. i cant do mythic since i dont have those skills and the 20man roster.
    and yes, in a couple of weeks heroic will be irrelevant for me. so what??? ive never done pvp on WoD and i wasnt claiming pvp bonus sets from raids...
    Unless you want to continue to pull the lever on the Skinner box for world quests it is raid or die for relevant progression from this point forward. That is by design to funnel players into raids.

and another thing,

I only play for fishing in this game. why i cant progress if i only want to be fishing on the sea???

edit: You dont buy legion for doing wq or pvp or raids, all of these thigns are core parts of the game.
    Raids are a meaningful part of the game/history.

you dont go play counter strike and dont wanting to pvp

And this is why they waited till now to release the numbers not a month ago. More hype train than reality.
    I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not. If they'd released the numbers a month ago there'd be no gain from the information of the sub numbers as they'd just be drowned out in the hype of the new expansion. Right now is the lull of the first patch, meaning this was the exact right time to release this information.

Very calculated regardless of how you look at it. People thinking this was "casual" or "accidental" are ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hope that begins to plummet again. Legion doesn't deserve any.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Do you mean for farming Gold? Pretty sure there's a weekly lockout >.>;
    idk if they're farming gold or what, but that's where i found my dk, naked.

and another thing,

I only play for fishing in this game. why i cant progress if i only want to be fishing on the sea???
    Fishing artifact is gated heavily, so player progression is throttled by many gates in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not. If they'd released the numbers a month ago there'd be no gain from the information of the sub numbers as they'd just be drowned out in the hype of the new expansion. Right now is the lull of the first patch, meaning this was the exact right time to release this information.

Very calculated regardless of how you look at it. People thinking this was "casual" or "accidental" are ridiculous.
    I agree with you 100%. The timing is very obvious as we all thought that patch 7.1 would launch a lot sooner. It seems on track for a Nov release but people are speculating it may be pushed back to January of 2017 just before the first official raid tier opens.

Fishing artifact is gated heavily, so player progression is throttled by many gates in Legion.
    How is that one gated? Tons of ppl in my guild have it and had it week 1 i think, maybe week 2. There are even ppl that have it maxed out fully with all traits unlocked? I don't see any gating on that one. Are you even actually playing this game?

WoD at least had a reason for me to login everyday (free gold = free sub) Legion has mostly just world quests which are the same as story quests

made into glorified repeatables.

It is called progression. This is a MMORPG.
    well, i do raids because i enjoy them, not because im forced to be an mmorpg idiot when i log on in a mmorpg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    WoD at least had a reason for me to login everyday (free gold = free sub) Legion has mostly just world quests which are the same as story quests

made into glorified repeatables.
    the 12m wasnt coming from legion, (from your past comment)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No surprise, 10M is the usual number for launch. It will be lower, there are many players that just check new expansion, get max level and leave. Legion have many systems that make us keep playing (Artifact Power, Prestige PVP, Legendaries), so it won't as drastic as WoD. I would call it a success if there will be 7-7.5 M after last patch release.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    How is that one gated? Tons of ppl in my guild have it and had it week 1 i think, maybe week 2. There are even ppl that have it maxed out fully with all traits unlocked? I don't see any gating on that one. Are you even actually playing this game?
    "Gated" means I don't have the item and I'm angry and here have some buzz words.

and another thing,

edit: You dont buy legion for doing wq or pvp or raids, all of these thigns are core parts of the game.
    Raids are a meaningful part of the game/history.

you dont go play counter strike and dont wanting to pvp
    Most players that sub to WoW do not raid or even play at level cap according to an interview Mike Morhaimme did a while back. Not everyone plays for raids. Sorry to show a different way to play WoW.

Since when can an opinion is wrong? I never claimed your opinion is wrong but what is true is that raid or die for progession beyond ilevel 850 is true for most casual players.

Pulling a lever for a small chance of progression isn't going to keep casual players around unless they raid. Hence, raid or die.

- - - Updated - - -

Because of mass cancellations at the end of this month. They could have announced sub numbers last month but decided to use it as leverage to slow down the decline with positive spin.
    Claiming MOP was better for non raid progression is an opinion, claiming that Legion is Raid or Die is just wrong.