Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm voting FanGirl bordering on tardation.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Xe'ra is KJ. It is promoting Illidan(which will be the new avatar of Sargeras) so we will blindly follow him to destroy BabyAzeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I have edited the title of this thread to remove a contentious term. In the future please avoid thread titles with such terms.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Except no. It's mosty people who convince themselves that they must sacrifice everything that lead to unnecessary sacrifice. Once you have that attitude then you just close yourself to legit options. It was not Illidan's "sacrfice" that saved Azeorth from utter destruction in the first invasion. It was people's willingness to fight and protect their world.

You could just join Sargeras if you really agree with that underlying logic.
    What legit options? This isn't about protecting the world. It's about taking the fight to the legion. Are you really going to say "If I have to get my hands dirty I am absolutely fine with a legion invasion every few years if we can repel it."? Cause that's absolute insanity.

Simply this I put to you. You are given a chance to halt the legion, make a major blow that could save billions, you know it could save billions but here's the catch. A few hundred to a couple thousand need to die, would you condemn the few thousand or few billion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    /sigh

Let me present you the World of Warcraft lore community: the one which thinks that everyone in a game is a dread lord.

We had already topics about Jaina, Sylvanas, Garrosh, Khadgar and Anduin being dreadlords. Now its Xera's time to join the party?

Hey guys, you know what, our raid leader is definitely a dreadlord as well. And the guy who makes flasks for raid is a dreadlord as well. And the Stormwind auctioneers are definitely dreadlors too! But the dreadlordest of them all is a Loremaster Cho, because who is more suspicious than a person who does nothing but exists everywhere, right?
    I never said Xe'ra was a dreadlord it was just a joke for the title but theres alot more reason to distrust her than the other characters youve listed; the question is if she has ulterior motives if yes are they manevolent or is this just bad writing.

Off-t. And arent unofficial lore forums exactly about that kind of discussion and theory crafting? But you probably thought you were funny smh. Problem with the wow community on this forum is more people would get on a thread to bash a word or concept than give input or simply ignore; the proof is that this last sentence will be what most people would reply to if they read this post.

Maybe not a void lord, but definetly something shady... she may just as well be Illidan, Sargeras, Kil Jaden, Gul Dan or anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    while you could tone it down the with... language. I mean realy? fuckboi?

anyway ontopic there is already a thread for this talking about xe'ra being KJ or sargeras himself cause of the way the whispers happen. Not soothing or calming but it hurts your character.
    I think it's very appropriate. Well in this xpac it is. I've been playing since 2006 and I just read the illidan book and I've seen the illidari more fleshed out. "Fuckboi" describes illidan wholeheartedly. I actually do not know another term that would describe him.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What legit options? This isn't about protecting the world. It's about taking the fight to the legion. Are you really going to say "If I have to get my hands dirty I am absolutely fine with a legion invasion every few years if we can repel it."? Cause that's absolute insanity.

Simply this I put to you. You are given a chance to halt the legion, make a major blow that could save billions, you know it could save billions but here's the catch. A few hundred to a couple thousand need to die, would you condemn the few thousand or few billion?
    That's assuming billions will die and so far billions haven't really died. The ends don't justify the means.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's assuming billions will die and so far billions haven't really died. The ends don't justify the means.
    Let's not forget that Elisande also thought there's no resisting the Legion and "billions" (well, not really, but still) will die if she tries. Future is not set in stone and just because thousands die so (insert threat here) is repelled, doesn't mean it will work out perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Let's not forget that Elisande also thought there's no resisting the Legion and "billions" (well, not really, but still) will die if she tries. Future is not set in stone and just because thousands die so (insert threat here) is repelled, doesn't mean it will work out perfectly.
    She also didn't expect the rest of Azeroth to resist the Legion. She thought she could see all the outcomes and she was wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    Xe'ra has not used any light based magic that we know of.

I find it extremely suspicious that her contacting the player characters mind causes intense pain when EVERY other Naaru has communicated in a way that is 'soothing' and makes the character feel at peace. No other Naaru has used audible Language either (that I know of), they just communicate telepathically with the chimes.

It also has a gender in a way most Naaru don't seem to, they seemed to not have a gender before this point, since they were spawned at the dawn of the universe and don't reproduce as far as we know.

It talks in a way that is condescending and generally makes the player feel bad about themselves - again something no other Naaru encountered has done. End justifies the means seems like a strange position to take for beings that are supposed to be supremely altruistic.

I don't trust it. I think it's a disgrace to the Naaru.
    I feel the same. I just don't want a Naaru that talks. And Xe'ra's horrid VA is not helping.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakaranailol View Post
    I just don't want a Naaru that talks.
    all naaru talk....

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    all naaru talk....
    Telepathically

7+ Year Old Account
    Telepathically
    and xe'ra does not or what?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    and xe'ra does not or what?
    She does not use chimes

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    while you could tone it down the with... language. I mean realy? fuckboi?

anyway ontopic there is already a thread for this talking about xe'ra being KJ or sargeras himself cause of the way the whispers happen. Not soothing or calming but it hurts your character.
    you must be fun at parties
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    She does not use chimes
    Xe'ra as a Naaru is dead, you're interacting with her remaining sentience in the form of a core of her being - since she lacks Naaru physiology and is just a disembodied intellect and/or set of memories it makes sense she wouldn't "chime."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    She does not use chimes
    Saa'ra talks to you.
    a'dal talks to you.
    Ku're talks to you.
    O'ros talks to you.

ever read quest text?
    or finished the priest artifact chain?

all naaru chime, but in your head you hear something completely different.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-10-04 at 04:59 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    you must be fun at parties
    yes, in matter of fact I am. Yet this aint an party, good sir.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I'm voting FanGirl bordering on tardation.
    Last edited by GrumpyJester; 2016-10-04 at 05:44 PM.