Thread: Arcane vs Fire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Without proof your words against simcraft results are meaningless. I can counter a much more logical possibility. Most arcane users only look at their burst damage and don't realize it might be much lower on sustained damage.
    I mean, sims are pretty damn inaccurate. To quote the blue "Sims again? I thought we learned last time."

To add, even WoL data is bad for mages. There are so few parses of properly geared/artifacted/skilled arcane and frost mages (I think there were 14 frost mages vs hundreds of fire?) that there is barely anything to go off of.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph View Post
    I mean, sims are pretty damn inaccurate. To quote the blue "Sims again? I thought we learned last time."
    A motto is saying nothing. If you find an issue/bug tell Frosted. At this moment most simulations done for a mage are considered bug free and the main grey areas are on simulation types that are not done at all (e.g. different durations, different gear, different number of targets etc.).

A motto is saying nothing. If you find an issue/bug tell Frosted. At this moment most simulations done for a mage are considered bug free and the main grey areas are on simulation types that are not done at all (e.g. different durations, different gear, different number of targets etc.).
    Which describes literally almost every single raid fight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1VdBC#fight=18 are some numbers from a few heroic bosses I did last week. For reference I'm still switching over from fire to arcane and pulling more than decent enough numbers despite imperfect itemization and utterly shit trinkets (outside of shock baton).

Sims showed all specs of hunter being incredibly low, when WoL data shows them being incredibly high due to their unique mobliity and reliably timed burst AoE.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

@Curnivore: actually burst is low, sustained is higher...
    I expect arcane being better in t19 as mana management will be much easier with p4, also we will reach the neccessary mastery level. According to Lycoan's testing, Arcane expected to shine above 65% mastery. Arcane will be much better handling special tasks because of the higher mobility.

According to last weeks statistics (post-buff/nerf) at the 75th percentile, the specs are almost the same.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/#sample=7
    Last edited by NPI; 2016-10-04 at 07:48 PM.

For how long? We have simulations on sustained prolonged damage. "Insane amounts of damage" is not what it does. It does well. It does not do "insane".
    Its not hard, run a dungeon on mythic + with arcane, depending the amount of adds you'll sustain 400-800k+ on trash you can do so indefinitely assuming you don't stay at 4 stacks for to long. Which makes since as the Golden trait that cause barrage to explode on multiple adds does quite a ton of damage. But the downside of this is you're only pulling 180-240 k on most bosses depending on your comp for them.

You can play whichever one you want. Fire is more useful in general, but Arcane isn't terrible. If you want to go for absolutely insane speed mythic+ clears, Fire is by far the strongest spec in the game, but Arcane is still competitive with most other classes even in that situation.

Just don't play Frost.

Deleted
    it's always nice to mix it up and have an off spec to quest with not to burn yourself out

Deleted
    If SimC results are correct when I sim my char, then my name is Archibald... (It is not!)...
    Siming show me 210k on patchwerk style fight for 450 seconds... I do at very least 250k on Ursoc HC and that is not that much Patchwerk.
    Stats weight as follow Versatility>crit>mastery>haste - for versatility I might agree, but crit not that much. Crit is good for bursting, yes (AB criting for 1 mln+ is beautiful sight), but still I had to focus on stats other than mastery, so i ended up with 43% mastery. This meant smaller mana pool which translate in longer conserve phase.

I get to agree(rather believe) with NPI about the 65% number, because last reset I got some better itemized with mastery gear and 2 wf trinkets with mastery, reenchated and regemed with mastery and i ended with 57% mastery with food. The increased mana pool of almost 2 mln mana (1 987 000) with familiar changed the gameplay drasticaly. If I don't fuck up or targeted by some rotation that force me to concentrate on it I manage to get to 50 stacks of Quickening and with around 40% mana left(I have 3 relics for AM proc so that further boost my rng luck with AMs). I am also sure that T19 will make Arcane managing even more easy (also if anyone have noticed T19 have only 2 items with crit on it)

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    If SimC results are correct when I sim my char, then my name is Archibald... (It is not!)...
    Siming show me 210k on patchwerk style fight for 450 seconds... I do at very least 250k on Ursoc HC and that is not that much Patchwerk.
    Stats weight as follow Versatility>crit>mastery>haste - for versatility I might agree, but crit not that much. Crit is good for bursting, yes (AB criting for 1 mln+ is beautiful sight), but still I had to focus on stats other than mastery, so i ended up with 43% mastery. This meant smaller mana pool which translate in longer conserve phase.

I get to agree(rather believe) with NPI about the 65% number, because last reset I got some better itemized with mastery gear and 2 wf trinkets with mastery, reenchated and regemed with mastery and i ended with 57% mastery with food. The increased mana pool of almost 2 mln mana (1 987 000) with familiar changed the gameplay drasticaly. If I don't fuck up or targeted by some rotation that force me to concentrate on it I manage to get to 50 stacks of Quickening and with around 40% mana left(I have 3 relics for AM proc so that further boost my rng luck with AMs). I am also sure that T19 will make Arcane managing even more easy (also if anyone have noticed T19 have only 2 items with crit on it)
    And where will that lead us when we get into the next raids with Avg gear higher and higher? Does that mean our Burn phase will last untill our Evo is back and we can basically burn nonstop?

I dont like where is is heading (gameplay style wise)

Deleted
    Good question actualy. I haven't thought about it actually(too focused on current state).
    Two option come in mind right away - we either stop caring about mana that much(and that will be true if you are lucky enough to get either wrist or legs... or both) or the mastery buff will be reverted and even nerfed in 3rd tier
    But overall if left untouched it will lead to arcane being monster in 3rd tier due scaling of inflated stats on gear( i dobt it will stay unnerfed tho)
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2016-10-05 at 02:03 PM.

Arcane Familiar regularly (WHY IS THIS NOT PASSIVE? WHERE DOES IT GO?)
    Your sooo right, where the hell it goes??? 70% of the fights i am playing wothout it.... It disappear on every loading screen.... Even if you just leave or re-enter dungeon... Or doing a freaking relog