Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Never understood why people cared about sub numbers.

Game plays exactly the same at the lowest point of wow subs as it does at the highest. Who gives a shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Game plays exactly the same at the lowest point of wow subs as it does at the highest. Who gives a shit?
    Fanboys and haters need to argue with each other over something.

Deleted
    Game plays exactly the same at the lowest point of wow subs as it does at the highest.
    And, as long as they keep it going, and as long as there are enough people to fill a single realm per area (US, EU and so on), there's enough people in the game.

A good expansion for now, rewarded with good sub numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Blizzard said they'd no longer report sub numbers.
    And, an interview in a magazine isn't an official report. So, what's the problem? Granted - Stockton dropped that number intentionally, no doubt - and might have even made sure they were asked about the sub numbers. Also, back when they announced no more sub numbers, that was in reference to the quartly reports to the stockholders.

I wonder if China (where the movie was liked / might have worked as introduction to a new audience and is a huge market) picked up the slack.

That is if he's not dropping random numbers seeing as there's no official source to verify, he could have said 20 bazillion and there's fuck all we can say about it :P

Good Lord this forum is a fuckin convo of crybabies and retards.

When they didnt show us sub "HURR DURR GAME IS DYING THEY ARE BELOW 2mil"

Now that he said "we are at 10mil" its a clown fiesta of "FAKE NUMBERS" "TOKEN DOESNT COUNT" "HERP DERP LETS SEE FROM NOW TO 2120 AC"

fucking cancer, play the game or dont play it, but stop waste your pathetic life making your liver black in anger for wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    vanilla was 100% time gated and grindy..
    after a year of playing like 3 hours maybe every week end or fortnight on my uncles account during vanilla i was only level 17
    in wotlk someone with that time would of been level 40, in cata they would of been like 70
    so anyone complaining of time gated grindy stuff clearly are very new to wow or even very new to mmorpg in general fresh from watching the movie or swaping over from overwatch
    I've been playing since 04.... I'm well aware of how grindy the game use to be and how grindy it still is, that doesn't change that it's a bad design. WoW needs to adapt to the players. Most people nowadays don't have the time nor the inclination to grind countless hours just to get access to raids or certain dungeons. Personally, I knew the grind would be there and I'm okay with some level of grinding but the current iteration of AP and Rep gating is not good. They need to make AP research account wide and remove rep requirement for dungeons.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Great news if it's true, but it's only the first month and let's see if they can produce content consistently.

7+ Year Old Account
    ye, i stopped caring a while ago.

im just for enjoying the game now, not giving a crap about the sub numbers.

and i really dont get the extreme amount of hate in this thread, i literally saw someone saying he wants the game to die out because "boohoo me no like"
    how about instead of whining on a forum like an idiot actually stop wasting your time on something you pretty much seem to HATE?

Formerly known as Arafal

So much 20 year old man-child on this forums, grow up

20? you mean 15y old losers that cant make nothing irl so they need to find the pleasure in hating something online like wow, but they cant win. #OnSuicideWatch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    20? you mean 15y
    nope.
    not on this forum.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    And how many of those are ACTIVE accounts? How many are bots? How many accounts are 2nd or 3rd accounts from 1 person?
    Because we all pay for more than 1 sub at the same time right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Good Lord this forum is a fuckin convo of crybabies and retards.

When they didnt show us sub "HURR DURR GAME IS DYING THEY ARE BELOW 2mil"

Now that he said "we are at 10mil" its a clown fiesta of "FAKE NUMBERS" "TOKEN DOESNT COUNT" "HERP DERP LETS SEE FROM NOW TO 2120 AC"

fucking cancer, play the game or dont play it, but stop waste your pathetic life making your liver black in anger for wow.
    holy- this. lol

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never understood why people cared about sub numbers.

i do give a huge shit, i want wow to be the main cashcow for blizzard, so they put more invesment and devs in the game, making it huge, and keeping the content coming.

less people = less money = less devs = less content = dying game

i love this game, i care for its growth

It's rich.

Overwatch launches to great success and becomes one of the most lauded and popular games of all time.

Legion launches to amazing player reaction and a promise from Blizzard not to let the content draught be so significant this time.

As people delve deeper into Legion, they discover just how vast and varied the content is, people call it a renaissance for the company.

Reviews come out, and highly praise the game.

Blizzard releases sub numbers to the fans, and subs are higher than at the beginning of WoD. WoW is back up to 10.1m subs, even after so many fans despised WoD, showing WoW's staying power.

MMO-Champion says this is a sure sign WoW is dead and Blizzard is a shell of what it once was.

Even though 7.1 has already announced since launch with a Karazan revamp and a filler raid to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Actimel View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ine_pixel_wow/
    http://i.imgur.com/14zuA2e.png

Well, here it is boys
    Can confirm that he literally says it in first paragraph.
    It is amazing how quickly they want to report subscriber numbers using the new model of Chinese subscriptions. How would this compare to the subscriber base before? My guess is that Chinese subscribers make up > 50% of the subscriber base. This means that since Chinese subscribers used to not be reported before, than we are looking at closer to 4-5MM.

Base that on the sales numbers and number of pre patch DKs, and this looks more like subscriptions are falling.

It certainly doesn't feel like 10 million tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It certainly doesn't feel like 10 million tho.
    Its because he is boosting the numbers based on the new subscriber models from China. Based on the old metrics it would be 4-5MM max. Probably more like 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    These numbers don't really matter, they matter 2 months after the expansion, so we'll see a month from now if they're still that high.