+28
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    "Toxic" is such a bad word for vidya gaems imo. Don't need to take shit soooo seriously.
    I agree with pOO. I'm not just saying the OW community is toxic, I know that quite a few of it is not, however the people that the game has been pairing me with at least 1 or 2 of them are on either team and it just detracts from enjoyment of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Those are bad players, not toxic.
    When they're screaming into the mic/spamming in chat about shit and trash talking everyone in the game, that is toxic.

Deleted
    My line of thinking is this, if you wanna play a game casually that's fine but then you also have to be prepared that you will encounter "toxic" behavior, if you absolutely don't want that you find a group to play with and organize around it.
    It'd be like trying to PuG a mythic raid in WoW and be annoyed not everyone is min-maxing their character to it's fullest potential, you're just setting your self up for failure.

But hey, that's just my opinion

Also does anyone watch Naruto? I'm disappointed by the latest episode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    When they're screaming into the mic/spamming in chat about shit and trash talking everyone in the game, that is toxic.
    Mute.

Mute.
    Can't mute chat actually :/

Deleted
    Don't read it then.

Don't read it then.
    Well of course I usually just ignore it, but unfortunately you can't disable the in game pings (I need healing/Attack this objective) without muting game sound which at that point they are messing with my game experience. They have "spam" filters in place, but they honestly suck.

Don't watch Naruto. I tried the first episode and didn't feel like sitting through another 400 if it was just more of that.
    Did see one of the movies though, the one with the ice whales.

Deleted
    Fair enough, I just don't think I've ever experienced a feeling of actual toxic behavior in a game.

Fair enough, I just don't think I've ever experienced a feeling of actual toxic behavior in a game.
    You mean someone deliberately sabotaging a game? Have you played OW? It's like mei was invented to troll an entire team xD

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Don't watch Naruto. I tried the first episode and didn't feel like sitting through another 400 if it was just more of that.
    Did see one of the movies though, the one with the ice whales.
    I skipped around a lot tbh, totally at a good part in the series though.

Deleted
    I agree with pOO. I'm not just saying the OW community is toxic, I know that quite a few of it is not, however the people that the game has been pairing me with at least 1 or 2 of them are on either team and it just detracts from enjoyment of the game.

In every game? That's really weird.

I'd get "lucky" to even have someone like that on my team. Maybe it's the difference in mmr or something? I only play qp now cause my mouse is shit but in competitive like, once in a blue moon it happens.

If they are screaming on their mic then yeah, that's pretty toxic.
    But hey, that's just my opinion
    I'm like that too. There's just no point other then ignoring it or going with the flow.
    Also does anyone watch Naruto? I'm disappointed by the latest episode.
    Only watched till and including episode 477. 478 is up?
    Really? Can't you put the person on ignore?
    Well of course I usually just ignore it, but unfortunately you can't disable the in game pings (I need healing/Attack this objective) without muting game sound which at that point they are messing with my game experience. They have "spam" filters in place, but they honestly suck.
    They don't suck. It's actually pretty restrictive, compared to how you could spam "attack the objective" literally in every click.

If you write 4 lines of text, separate from each other, you are blocked for a few secs (the same thing happens when you spam the emotes, hello and voices).
    You mean someone deliberately sabotaging a game? Have you played OW? It's like mei was invented to troll an entire team xD
    Meh. I rarely get a troll mei in game (before the game actually starts doesn't count lol). It's mostly bad plays. Happens to me too.
    I skipped around a lot tbh, totally at a good part in the series though.
    I skip every god damn filler. I stopped at episode 379 and I skipped all of it till epi 475 or so.

- - - Updated - - -

+ 29

+26
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    In every game? That's really weird.
    13 in a row, at that point I just stopped playing.
    I'd get "lucky" to even have someone like that on my team. Maybe it's the difference in mmr or something? I only play qp now cause my mouse is shit but in competitive like, once in a blue moon it happens.

If they are screaming on their mic then yeah, that's pretty toxic.
    Well I had a string of losses due to just getting outplayed then once I dipped down to like 2k rating, I noticed a sharp increase in the amount of people that just didn't care about the objective, would pick terrible heroes for the map (torb on offense on a KotH map as an example). Like I'm all about play what you want to play, just not in competitive, that's exactly what Quick Play is for.
    Only watched till and including episode 477. 478 is up?
    No, should be up today/tomorrow (said 4 days on watchnaruto on Saturday).
    Really? Can't you put the person on ignore?
    Not that I've been able to find.
    They don't suck. It's actually pretty restrictive, compared to how you could spam "attack the objective" literally in every click.

If you write 4 lines of text, separate from each other, you are blocked for a few secs (the same thing happens when you spam the emotes, hello and voices)..
    Well yeah in terms of spamming it quickly it's good, but it does nothing if someone knows how to avoid triggering it which is basically waiting ~2 seconds then pressing it again. Gets fairly annoying.
    Meh. I rarely get a troll mei in game (before the game actually starts doesn't count lol). It's mostly bad plays. Happens to me too.
    That was mostly a joke, mei does seem to troll her own team on accident half the time. Hell the enemy mei has saved me more than an allied one has.
    I skip every god damn filler. I stopped at episode 379 and I skipped all of it till epi 475 or so.
    Yeah I skipped quite a bit. Made it halfway through bleach before I realized I was watching a filler, at least theirs were pretty decent.

Deleted
    I have played OW, not a lot though and I'm talking in general about online gaming.

+ 27

Huh, quite the discussion while I was asleep.

Deleted
    13 in a row, at that point I just stopped playing.
    That's fucking weird. o.O
    Well I had a string of losses due to just getting outplayed then once I dipped down to like 2k rating
    Well, damn. 2k is a pretty low mmr. Not surprise that happens then... :/ I'm at 3k (due to loss of points. I don't play ranked atm) and that rarely, if ever, happens.
    Not that I've been able to find.
    Weird. I swear to god there's a button for that.
    Yeah I skipped quite a bit. Made it halfway through bleach before I realized I was watching a filler, at least theirs were pretty decent.
    Bleach did have some nice fillers, yeah.

+ 29