Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    This is why I only trust the Daily Mail for my news. Plus, they'll tell you what the person who got shot was wearing and where to buy the outfit online.
    LOL, so true!

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why this is surprising to anyone. News organizations have been taking items of controversy out of context since they became a thing. Blame capital markets incentivizing viewership over truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or...

(c) she didn't think he had a weapon and was concerned for the safety of her husband

An outcome where there isn't a conspiracy by police of malice on the part of the widow.
    Yeah, I tried to word option (b) so that it did not imply she knowingly lied. It would still be messed up if the police had relaxed - with possibly fatal consequences - because of a false statement by the wife.

On the other had, it's odd that the police "knew" he had a weapon and the wife on the scene did not.

It's frustrating that the truth - whether he had a gun or not - does not seem clear, despite the presence of audio and video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or...

(c) she didn't think he had a weapon and was concerned for the safety of her husband

An outcome where there isn't a conspiracy by police of malice on the part of the widow.
    It's possible. But iirc, she kept shouting "Keith, don't do it" to her husband during the standoff. This is a little suspicious to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless CNN went back, the first video they showed definitely wasn't edited.
    Replaying a shorter version of the clip during one of their shows if a different issue.

Also Blue Lives Matter (the site) is credible...really. Pot calling the kettle black? They are known for being heavily biased in favor of police. Nothing is wrong with supporting the police, I met a lot of fine officers. BLM (blue) takes any criticism of the police or investigations as being anti-police.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Media has so much power, its frightening.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Twice in less than a couple of months, CNN use to be the place I went for, for news the most. This is why I read from multiple sites....
    After they thought 4chan was a person it was only downhill from there. Some of the news anchors on that channel are seriously dumb as shit.

What does blm say when it's a black cop that does the shooting and killing?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't CNN the same company that likes to film two reporters satellite conferencing when they are sitting right next to each other? Deception is pretty much their modus operandi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What does blm say when it's a black cop that does the shooting and killing?
    ...the same thing they do when someone points out that blacks are 1000's of times more likely to shoot other blacks than the cops are.

[meme]that's racist![/meme]

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    After they thought 4chan was a person it was only downhill from there. Some of the news anchors on that channel are seriously dumb as shit.
    Yeah seriously,

So they basically want black people to riot or something?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Unless CNN went back, the first video they showed definitely wasn't edited.
    Replaying a shorter version of the clip during one of their shows if a different issue.

Also Blue Lives Matter (the site) is credible...really. Pot calling the kettle black? They are known for being heavily biased in favor of police. Nothing is wrong with supporting the police, I met a lot of fine officers. BLM (blue) takes any criticism of the police or investigations as being anti-police.
    How quickly people seem to forget about the shooting gallery our national police force has had to endure due to these race baiting assholes. It's shit like this video being edited that is getting our cops murdered. Who knows what has been thrown at us in the past that wasn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

In part, sure. But also, those shows did (I haven't watched the Trevor Noah version in a long time so not sure if it still does) a fantastic job of covering the news in a way that made it funny, interesting, and relevant. That they actually broke things down pretty plainly rather than relying on talking heads from one side or another to put their spin on it.

SNL pushes personality, which is a huge factor for a lot of people in their decision on who to vote for. Personality/likability is as important, if not moreso, than policy for a lot of folks.

That's more an issue with an electorate that places more importance on, "I'd like to have a drink with them so they've got my vote!" than "They have sound fiscal, trade, and foreign policy that's been analyzed by experts in all fields and found to be a step in the right direction so they've got my vote!"

Why aren't there more funny conservatives? I ask semi-seriously, because I think it's a far more complex (and potentially interesting) topic that deals with demographic shifts and changing views on social issues in addition to reflections of the current left/right ideologies.

Well, the GOP has been pushing anti-intellectualism for around a decade or so now, to the point where they're not officially the part of "Feels over reals", so there's that : /
    My favorite SNL fact: Sarah Palin never once said you could see Russia from her house, she said there are parts of Alaska where you can actually see Russia. But people recall that Tina Fey impersonation as if it were real.

I'm not sure why there aren't more funny rightys. If I had to take a guess, I would guess that show business has a rather extreme prejudice against conservatives so they hide it.

The two funniest conservatives I have heard are Rush Limbaugh and Greg Gutfeld. But Rush makes the left far too angry for them to stop and laugh at what he says. Also, Gutfeld may be a conservative but, he is no Republican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    How quickly people seem to forget about the shooting gallery our national police force has had to endure due to these race baiting assholes. It's shit like this video being edited that is getting our cops murdered. Who knows what has been thrown at us in the past that wasn't true.
    Let's see the videos side by side because I know the one I saw on CNN when the police initially released the tape was the same one that everyone else had. From the article, it seems like they only thing they did was shorten the clip for airtime, not actual alter it.

Mind you the video came well after the The protests started, even a little bit after the civilian tape,so how can CNN be blamed. Again BLM (blue) is a biased group that also has its own agenda and narratives to drive. If you objectivity then you're going the wrong way to get there

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The two funniest conservatives I have heard are Rush Limbaugh and Greg Gutfeld.
    PJ O'Rourke is funny. The Republican party may have moved too far to the right for him to be regarded as conservative. But I recall him as one of the few funny Reaganite apostles in the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ O'Rourke
    The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns. Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on Plymouth Rock?
    It could be that all awful dictators are frustrated artists - Mao with his poetry and Mussolini with his monuments. Stalin was once a journalistic hack, and I can personally testify to how frustrated they are. Pol Pot left a very edgy photo collection behind. And Osama seems quite interested in video.
    I rarely meet a politician that I don't like personally. They are generally well endowed with charm. Therein lies the danger.
    On reflection, maybe I like his words - even as the UK leftie I am - because they tend to have a kernel of truth, rather than be funny ha-ha.

OANN all the way!
    (One America News Network)

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    PJ O'Rourke is funny. The Republican party may have moved too far to the right for him to be regarded as conservative. But I recall him as one of the few funny Reaganite apostles in the 1980s.

On reflection, maybe I like his words - even as the UK leftie I am - because they tend to have a kernel of truth, rather than be funny ha-ha.
    The party has moved somewhere but I don't see how it's to the right. They are as authoritarian as the left these days.

My favorite SNL fact: Sarah Palin never once said you could see Russia from her house, she said there are parts of Alaska where you can actually see Russia. But people recall that Tina Fey impersonation as if it were real.
    Given all the monumentally stupid shit she's said (Oh, you know, I read all the papers.) and the fact that they made a sketch simply by making minor alterations to a speech she gave, it's understandable. If people didn't believe she was dumb enough to say something like that, it never would have caught on : P

I'm not sure why there aren't more funny rightys. If I had to take a guess, I would guess that show business has a rather extreme prejudice against conservatives so they hide it.
    Sure, though you have some very outspoken right wing folks who are/have been in Hollywood for a while as well.

The two funniest conservatives I have heard are Rush Limbaugh and Greg Gutfeld. But Rush makes the left far too angry for them to stop and laugh at what he says. Also, Gutfeld may be a conservative but, he is no Republican.
    No clue who Greg Gutfeld is, but Rush? The man is god damn terrifying, when has he ever been funny?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Twice in less than a couple of months, CNN use to be the place I went for, for news the most. This is why I read from multiple sites....
    CNN hasn't been a good place to get news in a long time. Like most US media, they are heavily invested in making sure there is a controversy for the clicks / viewers. Recommend taking any of the big guys with a grain of salt...those owned by Comcast, News Corp, Walt Disney, Viacom, Time Warner (owns CNN), and CBS.

I'd recommend Guardian for most things if you want a single news source to read regularly. Avoid Daily Mail (it is actually a tabloid, only a minor step above The Enquirer).

Deleted
    The party has moved somewhere but I don't see how it's to the right. They are as authoritarian as the left these days.
    Yeah, I guess. A signs that PJ O'Rourke is out of sync with the party nowadays is that he is supporting Clinton over Trump:

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian
    In this febrile, uncertain world, O’Rourke also finds himself in the weird position of endorsing a Democrat: Hillary Clinton.

“It’s the second-worst thing that can happen to this country,” he said of her potential presidency in May. “But she’s way behind in second place. I mean, she’s wrong about absolutely everything, but she’s wrong within normal parameters.”

Of Donald Trump, he has said: “I mean, this man just can’t be president. They’ve got this button, you know, in the briefcase. He’s going to find it.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...te-for-clinton