Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Remove faction/race limitations: No more horde vs alliance

At this point there is no reason other than to justify why we PvP.

I am tired of my race/faction choice (which is typical purely aesthetic) interfering with me being able to play with friends/family.

Many times Tauren and NEs are more in tune with each other politically than that of their respective alliance/horde friends. Prior to her taking over the horde, Sylvanas' only reason for remaining a part was because she couldn't fight a both horde AND alliance. BEs only align with horde because they are alone (save for the forsaken) on a largely alliance populated continent.

Pandaren are already neutral.
    Worgen are basically human and would be on whatever side opposes Sylvanas.

Goblins and gnomes have always shared a love for things mechanical, which in several places around the world allow them to put aside any racial/political differences so that they can coexist.

For the most part it tends to be both horde and alliance vs big bad anyway. Why can't we implement a system that allows to ACTUALLY play that out?

7+ Year Old Account
    That would be sweet. Would never happen but it would be cool it see.

no no no no no no no ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Why always wanting to change things
    Some things are not meant to change

Bowser will always kidnap the princess
    Link will always fight Ganon
    Horde will always fight the Alliance

Deleted
    But how am I supposed to gank people while questing then? A big part of my personal immersion into this game is assassinating people.

10+ Year Old Account
    no thanks. go the opposite and start putting more emphasis back into the faction divide. reserve certain classes to just one faction again. stop trying to homogenize everything. its bad.

choosing a faction should be a difficult and meaningful choice, not some arbitrary button click when creating a new character.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-10-04 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone mentioned one time about a Traitor Quest at lvl 20. A member of the other faction shows up and offers you a chance to turn your back on your faction. You can either kill them and loot the body, or take them up on their offer and complete a small questline. At the end, you are now the same Race/Class but belong to the other faction. This keeps the warring factions intact, but allows that Tauren to defect to the Alliance, or the Gnome a chance to move to the Horde.

Deleted
    Go play another game!!! this hole game is based around the two factions if your tiered of it then your done with warcraft and you need to move on instead of asking for blizzard to change warcraft into another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    no thanks. go the opposite and start putting more emphasis back into the faction divide. reserve certain classes to just one faction again. stop trying to homogenize everything. its bad.

choosing a faction should be a difficult and meaningful choice. not some arbitrary button click when creating a new character.
    all of this /tenchar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    But how am I supposed to gank people while questing then? A big part of my personal immersion into this game is assassinating people.
    Then being able to assassinate members of even your own faction should appeal right?

I can't even begin to count the times that someone came in and stole a node, or tapped an object, didn't loot a corpse, etc. and I just wish I could grant them a payback with a foot to their ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Go play another game!!! this hole game is based around the two factions if your tiered of it then your done with warcraft and you need to move on instead of asking for blizzard to change warcraft into another game.
    Okay jerk. I'm quite certain I could necro a thread for this exact stance on faction changes. Back to your hovel troll.

- - - Updated - - -

choosing a faction should be a difficult and meaningful choice, not some arbitrary button click when creating a new character.
    So incorporate that type of choice to in game decisions. For example those content with holding up behind a magical barrier, and those willing to fight to death against their would-be attackers. The alliance vs horde bit is tired and old. Based on those decisions you could have warring factions for a given xpac that are determined SOLELY by a players choice and have no effect on what a player has to look at 100% of the time.

I have cited several examples that suggest the ties that bind each faction together are tenuous at best.

Furthermore, I could simply pay to do a faction transfer and these "difficult and meaningful choices" are reversed with a click of a button and extra hour of work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Someone mentioned one time about a Traitor Quest at lvl 20. A member of the other faction shows up and offers you a chance to turn your back on your faction. You can either kill them and loot the body, or take them up on their offer and complete a small questline. At the end, you are now the same Race/Class but belong to the other faction. This keeps the warring factions intact, but allows that Tauren to defect to the Alliance, or the Gnome a chance to move to the Horde.
    I like it. See constructive criticism isn't hard ladies.

^
    /10charr

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    At this point there is no reason other than to justify why we PvP.

I am tired of my race/faction choice (which is typical purely aesthetic) interfering with me being able to play with friends/family.
    Furthermore, I could simply pay to do a faction transfer and these "difficult and meaningful choices" are reversed with a click of a button and extra hour of work.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Then go faction/race change and stop bitching. If you didn't bother to check with these "friends/family" you so wanted to play this game with so you could select the same faction/race they are, then that's YOUR problem. Or their problem if they chose after you and you didn't bother to inform or try to direct them to your chosen side.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Then go faction/race change and stop bitching. If you didn't bother to check with these "friends/family" you so wanted to play this game with so you could select the same faction/race they are, then that's YOUR problem. Or their problem if they chose after you and you didn't bother to inform or try to direct them to your chosen side.
    Civil complaint = bitching. The only one being bitchy... is you. Your rude, nasty, and unnecessarily aggressive opposition is noted. Not sure why I expected any other response from this wonderful community.

The issue that remains with a faction change is that in order to play with friends/family I am forced into a race choice I may have not otherwise made simply based on faction choice.

A much simpler solution (that would maintain the conflict you guys are so attached to) would be to create a feature that allows people of your battle.net ID friends list to be able to group together, similar to being able to host cross realm.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-04 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Its Orcs VS Humans and it will never change. deal with it or play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Its Orcs VS Humans and it will never change. deal with it or play something else.
    Casualization changes everything. Factions are an outdated RPG element that don't belong in a raiding MMO game like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Removing factions is a outdated RPG element and don't belong in RPG's. Even less for MMORPG's. Not sure what raiding MMO you're talking about, you have probably not tried any. The 3%~ raiding that's in WoW speaks for itself once you get your rose tinted off. Or are you suggesting that when 40 CRZ people nuke down a world boss it's a raid? You're not raiding just because you do a raid instance. Merely dungeon crawling, name the instance whatever.
    What do you mean by 3% raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    The issue that remains with a faction change is that in order to play with friends/family I am forced into a race choice I may have not otherwise made simply based on faction choice.
    So when you decided to play WoW, you:

a) Had no friends/family that played it and chose your race/faction for your own reasons...Blizzard offers you a fix for this by allowing faction change, you just don't like this option.
    b) Knew friends/family that played and still chose your race/faction, perhaps you didn't understand the repercussions of your choice... Blizzard offers you a fix for this by allowing faction changes, you just don't like this option.
    c) Didn't know they were playing at all and chose, then found out later you had friends/family playing the opposing faction....Again, Blizzard offers you a fix for this, you just don't like this option.
    d) Knew they were playing, knew which faction/race they were and still chose the opposing faction based on race selections...your problem, not anyone else's, but Blizzard does offer a fix for this...again, you just don't like the option.

How long did you play before your friends/family started playing? If they played before you, why didn't you ask them about the game and if there were factions or whatever details before you selected anything...especially when it came to the character creation screen that shows you pretty clearly that there are factions? If they started after you, why didn't you explain the choices between factions and that they wouldn't be able to play with you unless they chose the same faction as you?

Point is...you can be on the same side as your friends, you just don't want to do it because you failed to chose wisely when you started playing a game that was very much and very clearly divided by factions.

When i decided to check out this game, i asked my brother (who had been playing for years) about the choices at the character creation screen. When i saw all the options, it was then that i understood that there were 2 sides to this game. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Blizzard needs to do the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. They need to bring back the faction wars and put the real "war" back into Warcraft. All of this "omg, such a big baddy! We need to put our differences aside and hold hands!" crap needs to go.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Hey do you have a legendary yet? RNG is here to stay. Deal with it or play something else.

I'm sure if I looked into your post history I would find something you take issue with it and other people feel differently.

"Durrrrrr but I can't think critically so its not the ssssame ehhhhh!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    So when you decided to play WoW, you:

a) Had no friends/family that played it and chose your race/faction for your own reasons...Blizzard offers you a fix for this by allowing faction change, you just don't like this option.
    b) Knew friends/family that played and still chose your race/faction, perhaps you didn't understand the repercussions of your choice... Blizzard offers you a fix for this by allowing faction changes, you just don't like this option.
    c) Didn't know they were playing at all and chose, then found out later you had friends/family playing the opposing faction....Again, Blizzard offers you a fix for this, you just don't like this option.
    d) Knew they were playing, knew which faction/race they were and still chose the opposing faction based on race selections...your problem, not anyone else's, but Blizzard does offer a fix for this...again, you just don't like the option.

How long did you play before your friends/family started playing? If they played before you, why didn't you ask them about the game and if there were factions or whatever details before you selected anything...especially when it came to the character creation screen that shows you pretty clearly that there are factions? If they started after you, why didn't you explain the choices between factions and that they wouldn't be able to play with you unless they chose the same faction as you?

Point is...you can be on the same side as your friends, you just don't want to do it because you failed to chose wisely when you started playing a game that was very much and very clearly divided by factions.

When i decided to check out this game, i asked my brother (who had been playing for years) about the choices at the character creation screen. When i saw all the options, it was then that i understood that there were 2 sides to this game. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Blizzard needs to do the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. They need to bring back the faction wars and put the real "war" back into Warcraft. All of this "omg, such a big baddy! We need to put our differences aside and hold hands!" crap needs to go.
    I can't believe you are taking the time to find the exact nature of my SPECIFIC problem.

If you must know, my brother plays alliance, I have characters on both sides. But sometimes I would rather play say my BE DH, with my brother and his human paladin. It isn't an all or nothing scenario. I also have good friends that play horde. I tend to be subbed all year long. My friends and family tend to subscribe cyclically as is the growing trend.

Furthermore, making this tl;dr post explaining the nature and gravity of faction selection (as if I'm not aware?).

BOLD: I agree, and making those "factions" based on players choices in game, is a much better way to create conflict and warring factions rather than simply race selection. Orcs must always fight humans is a little tired, and we have seen examples THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRETY OF THE WARCRAFT UNIVERSE, that there are times that it is necessary/relevant for warring factions to come together. Sometimes as entire armies, sometimes as individuals.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-10-04 at 11:44 PM.

Allowing players to group with members of the opposite faction in instanced content would be the single greatest change they could implement.

I think it's time for a paradigm shift, no longer should it be red vs blue, but it should be nations standing with themselves and their close allies.

The strong High King of the Alliance is dead. His son is noble, but lacks the strength and experience to do what must be done. The new Warchief is controversial at best, using the Horde to pursue her own goal of immortality and increasing the territory and numbers of her forsaken.

Splinter them. Obviously the former allies would stay friendly (mostly) but there'd be more story opportunities with more factions and the ability for players formerly forbidden to walk through Thunder Bluff or Darnassus or Stormwind in peace working toward the common goal or being a soldier in the Army of the Light. Imagine going on a diplomatic overture toward Thunder Bluff as a nelf, only to fight Forsaken assassins looking to keep the area destabilized lest the tide turn against her coalition in Lordaeron (which would probably still be trying to expand/increase numbers of undead)