Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

PVP - New Gear Reward System is FLAWED

1. I don't want RNG deciding what pieces they are going to give me, I want to be able spend what I earn on the piece that I want / need"
    - Example: I did 2v2 for 20 hours of PVP over the weekend, ended up getting 3 pieces, all of which were "downgrades" aka, "vendor trash"

2. Prestige - Ummm okay, once, twice, three times.....5 times for silliness, but 15x - wth! "STOP GRINDFESTS" Currently the rewards for Prestige are, worthless

3. From someone who loves to PVP more than Raid, I hit level 50, prestige'd...now back to level 15 or so - that's 65 levels, what have I gained gear wise = NOTHING! All downgrades...

The PVP "GEAR REWARD" System SUCKS (period)!

Example!
    - Let's say I PVP for 4 hours, get a piece from my Strong Box or whatever it is, only to find out it's a downgrade or duplicate! there is nothing good about that! waste of time!

Quote Originally Posted by dm10169 View Post
    1. I don't want RNG deciding what pieces they are going to give me, I want to be able spend what I earn on the piece that I want / need"
    - Example: I did 2v2 for 20 hours of PVP over the weekend, ended up getting 3 pieces, all of which were "downgrades" aka, "vendor trash"

2. Prestige - Ummm okay, once, twice, three times.....5 times for silliness, but 15x - wth! "STOP GRINDFESTS" Currently the rewards for Prestige are, worthless

3. From someone who loves to PVP more than Raid, I hit level 50, prestige'd...now back to level 15 or so - that's 65 levels, what have I gained gear wise = NOTHING! All downgrades...

The PVP "GEAR REWARD" System SUCKS (period)!

Example!
    - Let's say I PVP for 4 hours, get a piece from my Strong Box or whatever it is, only to find out it's a downgrade or duplicate! there is nothing good about that! waste of time!
    PvP should be about your skillset, and not about getting gear upgrades. Even if you got upgrades by 5ilvls across the board your damage would only increase by .5%. It doesn't make sense that you're PvPing for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    PvP should be about your skillset, and not about getting gear upgrades. Even if you got upgrades by 5ilvls across the board your damage would only increase by .5%. It doesn't make sense that you're PvPing for gear.
    Personally, I like to get gear in case I want to do PvE content so I can get into... idk a heroic dungeon? Random BG gear doesn't even give you a high enough level to do heroic randoms. But yet PvE gear, gives better gear than 2400 rated pvpers. That is messed up imo. Idk about you but i like sporting my pvp gear haha.

I think that we should have somewhat equal gear to what you get from heroic dungeons/normal raids though. Getting 805 ilvl gear when heroic raiders get 865+ is really a massive oversight by blizzard. They could of easily scaled gear with honor ranks, even more so with prestige ranks.

Eample:
    Prestige Rank 1: up to 840 ilvl
    Prestige Rank 2: up to 850 ilvl
    Prestige rank 3: up to 860 ilvl

This can cap out at heroic ilvl raiding of 865. Then with the launch of each raid tier they could raise the ilvl cap you can get from randoms. The amount of time it takes tog get those honor ranks takes some time so I don't see it being abused(raiders forced to pvp). Even if you get the ranks early, the ranks you have would be capped below heroic gear of that tier. A drawback is new players who don't pve at all and just dive into pvp late in the xpac, they would take a good amount of time trying to catch up in gear.. ~150-200 ilvls behind or more.

I like to get gear its a fun aspect of the game, but I totally understand the point of "pvp should be about skill" but it shouldn't just be a time sink that doesn't allow us to progress our character so we can get into pve as well. If PvE players get the absolute best gear for PvP, why do PvP players get thrown in the trash in terms of gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    Personally, I like to get gear in case I want to do PvE content so I can get into... idk a heroic dungeon? Random BG gear doesn't even give you a high enough level to do heroic randoms. But yet PvE gear, gives better gear than 2400 rated pvpers. That is messed up imo. Idk about you but i like sporting my pvp gear haha.

I think that we should have somewhat equal gear to what you get from heroic dungeons/normal raids though. Getting 805 ilvl gear when heroic raiders get 865+ is really a massive oversight by blizzard. They could of easily scaled gear with honor ranks, even more so with prestige ranks.

Eample:
    Prestige Rank 1: up to 840 ilvl
    Prestige Rank 2: up to 850 ilvl
    Prestige rank 3: up to 860 ilvl

This can cap out at heroic ilvl raiding of 865. Then with the launch of each raid tier they could raise the ilvl cap you can get from randoms. The amount of time it takes tog get those honor ranks takes some time so I don't see it being abused(raiders forced to pvp). Even if you get the ranks early, the ranks you have would be capped below heroic gear of that tier. A drawback is new players who don't pve at all and just dive into pvp late in the xpac, they would take a good amount of time trying to catch up in gear.. ~150-200 ilvls behind or more.

I like to get gear its a fun aspect of the game, but I totally understand the point of "pvp should be about skill" but it shouldn't just be a time sink that doesn't allow us to progress our character so we can get into pve as well. If PvE players get the absolute best gear for PvP, why do PvP players get thrown in the trash in terms of gear?
    I agree. Not that I have PvP'd much yet, but it seems very off to me that PvE gear is vastly easier to get / better than PvP gear for PvPing. Then you have the PvP only trinkets, with effects that are disabled during instanced PvP. Having some sort of currency system again to get the gear you want is honestly not a bad idea, I mean, didn't it work fine-ish until now?

Blizz said they're working on a better system for 7.1, implying it won't be so heavily rng oriented. It already seems like they've fixed what items you get from PvP right now based off of your arena rating. Been watching vanguards for a few hours and hes got multiple 880 items but he is around 2400-2500 rating.

But exactly that was what was said by Blizzard, that you could get perfectly fine gear to do PvE, through playing PvP. And that is not the case at the moment. The PvP items i have that are good, I recieved from open world pvp tower quests. Through BG or arena I never ever recieved one single good item yet. So if you only want to play PvP, you can not do PvE at all, you first have to do lower PvE stuff to be able to go to raids or whatever and therfor your time you want actually to invest into PvP is cut like in half. And that is stupid design. PvE players can jump into PvP whenever they want, and do not have to worry about getting some pvp gear first or whatever.

Deleted
    Damn right it's flawed, it's dumbest it's ever been. So bad I quit playing the whole game, just because it shows how totally clueless the pvp design team is. But are they changing it now?

I was actually in process of leveling my 10yr old hunter because that set looks amazing, but then after mahbe 20hrs of PvP I got a few 805 ilvl pieces, manapots and fucking FISH!!!! It doesnt make any sense whatsoever so fuck it.

I'd be back in a heartbeat if they made it like it was.

Fucking rng retardation.... compare the difficulty of pvp and facerolling heroics/mythics and the loot you get. What a joke.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zengh View Post
    Damn right it's flawed, it's dumbest it's ever been. So bad I quit playing the whole game, just because it shows how totally clueless the pvp design team is. But are they changing it now?

I was actually in process of leveling my 10yr old hunter because that set looks amazing, but then after mahbe 20hrs of PvP I got a few 805 ilvl pieces, manapots and fucking FISH!!!! It doesnt make any sense whatsoever so fuck it.

I'd be back in a heartbeat if they made it like it was.

Fucking rng retardation.... compare the difficulty of pvp and facerolling heroics/mythics and the loot you get. What a joke.
    But that 805 gear barely makes a difference in PvP. That's why it's so low ilvl.

You quit because gear is no longer relevant?

What a shame.

So you pvp to get gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    But that 805 gear barely makes a difference in PvP. That's why it's so low ilvl.

You quit because gear is no longer relevant?

What a shame.
    There are other appliances for gear for a pvp player than just instanced pvp.

Keep in mind that doing heroics and mythics is easy as it can get, just faceroll aoe them down, so why doesn't PvP reward you with anything significant? Considering it is a thousand times harder to play against a person than a pack of mobs in a HC.

Also vindictive gear for transmog purposes.

Right now there is no real way for me to get vindictive gear, as the PvP WQs give the same amout of gold as skinning 2 mobs, or artifact power or order resources. And if I'm lucky enough to get a gear piece from a pvp box, it's going to be trash 805ilvl.
    Last edited by mmoca998e12c4a; 2016-10-05 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    But exactly that was what was said by Blizzard, that you could get perfectly fine gear to do PvE, through playing PvP. And that is not the case at the moment. The PvP items i have that are good, I recieved from open world pvp tower quests. Through BG or arena I never ever recieved one single good item yet. So if you only want to play PvP, you can not do PvE at all, you first have to do lower PvE stuff to be able to go to raids or whatever and therfor your time you want actually to invest into PvP is cut like in half. And that is stupid design. PvE players can jump into PvP whenever they want, and do not have to worry about getting some pvp gear first or whatever.
    Yeah, bc you should be able to PvP in any gear and it shouldn't matter. It's not stupid.

You should NOT be able to PvE in any gear, yet if you do your two arena weeklies, you most likely will be absolutely fine for heroic dungeons in under 10 minutes.

If you do happen to have a fully decked PvP set, it will be fully compatible in PvE, which in prior expansions it was not.

What's exactly wrong with this? Are you trying to say that your 805 BG gear isn't good for raids? I certainly hope not. Just do your arenas and world quests for 840 level. I haven't stepped into a single mythic dungeon or raid, and I'm 848 through world quests/arenas.

And if you think "world quests" are a time investment that cuts into your PvP time, plz cut the shit. Most of the gear quests take under 4-5 minutes to do, and in total ALL the gear quests on your map should take under 20 minutes. That's shorter than a dogshit Arathi Basin.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-10-05 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, bc you should be able to PvP in any gear and it shouldn't matter. It's not stupid.

You should NOT be able to PvE in any gear, yet if you do your two arena weeklies, you most likely will be absolutely fine for heroic dungeons in under 10 minutes.

If you do happen to have a fully decked PvP set, it will be fully compatible in PvE, which in prior expansions it was not.

What's exactly wrong with this? Are you trying to say that your 805 BG gear isn't good for raids? I certainly hope not. Just do your arenas and world quests for 840 level. I haven't stepped into a single mythic dungeon or raid, and I'm 848 through world quests/arenas.

And if you think "world quests" are a time investment that cuts into your PvP time, plz cut the shit. Most of the gear quests take under 4-5 minutes to do, and in total ALL the gear quests on your map should take under 20 minutes. That's shorter than a dogshit Arathi Basin.
    Problem is doing pvp isnt rewarding. You get nice pvp gear from pvp WQs, which isnt pvp at all, you are simply killing npcs most of the time. Casual bgs and arena rewards close to nothing. Rated arena and rbgs reward only 840 base gear no matter how high your rating is. With rating only the chance for your gear to be warforged/titanforged increases, currently even that is bugged. Think if mythic raid rewarded 840 gear then how many people would do it? You might say pvp isnt about gear its about skill, then why did blizzard allow artifact ranks in rated pvp. Artifact ranks completely breaks balance and in order to gain artifact you have to do pve.

As of now to be competitive in pvp you have to farm honor ranks, get gear then farm artifact ranks. Its even more farming then pve but with lot less reward.

What I would say is give us pvp gear vendor back. Make it so then we can buy certain ilvl gear compared to your ratings, for example being able to buy 870 gear for 2k ratings. If Blizzard really wants to keep RNG involved in reward then keep the current loot system but let us earn 1k-1.5k conquest every week and buy gear with that as bad luck protection. What blizzard needs to understand is not everyone enjoys RNG, I used to look forward to buying pvp gear every week, planning which piece to buy next. And now i just DE all the gear I get from pvp. I got 6 trinkets from pvp and 5 of them 840 other one got warforged to 845 but its a stamina trinket. Mean while not a single ring or helm dropped for me.

It feels really frustrating not being rewarded for what you enjoy doing but being rewarded for doing crap like pvp WQs. In the end all I can do is urge Blizzard to revert reward system back to vendor, rest is upto them.

I'm willing to bed that most(if not all) of that good gear is from world quests and not arena/bgs. Besides the weekly arena cache, which was bugged and only gave 840 ilvl regardless of rating... and if you are 2400 rated or higher(2400 right now is top 100 US) you are NOT gearing through arena. You at best get 825 titanfordged let that sink in, why does heroic dungeons give better gear than a 2.4k Rated PvPer? I have gotten multiple 850 items from heroic dungeons.. and even higher from world quests. All of this gear towers over what you get from pvp right now.

Again this is excluding the weekly cache you get for your first win and gives gear based on rating.

If all you did was random BGs for gear, you couldn't even get into a random heroic dungeon. But if you do heroic dungeons you have more gear than anyone who gears solely via pvp. How is that fair for PvPers? We don't ask for the best PvE gear, we ask to not be hosed.
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-10-05 at 05:31 PM.

I'm willing to bed that most(if not all) of that good gear is from world quests and not arena/bgs. Besides the weekly arena cache, which was bugged and only gave 840 ilvl regardless of rating... and if you are 2400 rated or higher(2400 right now is top 100 US) you are NOT gearing through arena. You at best get 825 titanfordged let that sink in, why does heroic dungeons give better gear than a 2.4k Rated PvPer? I have gotten multiple 850 items from heroic dungeons.. and even higher from world quests. All of this gear towers over what you get from pvp right now.

Again this is excluding the weekly cache you get for your first win and gives gear based on rating.

If all you did was random BGs for gear, you couldn't even get into a random heroic dungeon. But if you do heroic dungeons you have more gear than anyone who gears solely via pvp. How is that fair for PvPers? We don't ask for the best PvE gear, we ask to not be hosed.
    First: It's not bugged. It's 840 for arena, then it gets even better if you're very highly ranked. The only thing that's bugged is that highly rated players are getting 840 and not 895. It's not going to drop to 825 anything.

Second: I just told you two 840 pieces, and like 20 minutes of world quests makes you more than heroic ready. Idk what your problem is.

Third: To poster above you, doing PvP IS Rewarding. Why? Bc PVP isn't about getting a phat gear update. It's about wrecking fools in arena and BGs in way where if you just hit level 110, you aren't LITERALLY fodder. If you think grinding out bgs to get upgrades to gear was rewarding in prior expansions you're not PvPing for PvP.

First: It's not bugged. It's 840 for arena, then it gets even better if you're very highly ranked. The only thing that's bugged is that highly rated players are getting 840 and not 895. It's not going to drop to 825 anything.

Second: I just told you two 840 pieces, and like 20 minutes of world quests makes you more than heroic ready. Idk what your problem is.

Third: To poster above you, doing PvP IS Rewarding. Why? Bc PVP isn't about getting a phat gear update. It's about wrecking fools in arena and BGs in way where if you just hit level 110, you aren't LITERALLY fodder. If you think grinding out bgs to get upgrades to gear was rewarding in prior expansions you're not PvPing for PvP.

For your first point well.. thats exactly what was bugged... which is exactly what i said was bugged? glad we agree on that. The 825 is from a upgraded random bg, sorry for the confusion on that.. but thats 825 if you are extremely lucky. But, Imagine if mythic bosses were bugged and only gave 840 ilvl... pretty sure blizzard would fix that within an hour. While we have to wait until next reset or longer, just another way we get stepped on.

For your second point. Two 840 pieces do not make you heroic ready when the rest of your gear is below 800 unfortunately. Can you join a premade group and do a heroic? Yes. Can you queue for it for a fresh 110? No. It would take 2 weeks or more to get enough gear just from Arena to be able to START doing heroic randoms. While if you did PvE/world quests, you could start doing heroics in an hour or 2.

As for problem, I don't really have one... other than the terrible character progression you get through PvP. Just because gear is irrelevant in instanced PvP doesn't mean that actually obtaining gear should be pointless. My original question that I have is why should PvE players get the absolute best gear for PvP but the absolute best gear(also unattainable my 99% of the pvp community) is terrible in PvE? Why do PvP players not get to enjoy being useful in both types of content?
    Last edited by xhisors; 2016-10-05 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you expect with Hollinka still in charge?

PvP won't be good until that dude gets fired or demoted.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    What do you expect with Hollinka still in charge?

PvP won't be good until that dude gets fired or demoted.
    Instanced PvP has been pretty fun overall though. There will always be people complaining about things, but honestly PvP is really damn good right now in my opinion. You can play just about any comp and get to 2.1-2.2k with a little bit of effort. Except maybe a holy priest... those need some serious looking at.

As much as I hate Hollinka and want him gone. This is the best he has done with PvP since he joined the team in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate Hollinka and want him gone. This is the best he has done with PvP since he joined the team in 2012.
    I think we can both agree, that is a pretty low bar.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I think we can both agree, that is a pretty low bar.
    Not going to lie, I laughed when I read this because thats exactly what I was thinking when I typed out my response.

Deleted
    Please tell me how to reliably get vindictive gear! I have honor lvl 31 which was a total pain in the ASS to grind, but my world quests still give gold or artifact power, haven't seen a single vindictive piece! Also it's not possible for me to play every single day and be checking for some damn world quest rewards!

PvP boxes from random bgs still give trash or ilvl 805 trash gear. Got useless trinkets from weekly wins which I can't even use in pvp! lol!

So please tell me exactly how to get vindictive gear?

Did they do any testing during the beta, cause this is a total farce and reeks of neglect!

please help!