Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Counter Strike Totem Redirects UA Backlash

Just want to get the message out there because this is literally un-avoidable if you play affliction in Arenas.

Enhance shaman teams are dropping Counter Strike totems on top of me during their Ascendance and then coordinating with their healers to instantly dispel whoever has UA stacked on them so it redirects the backlash from the UA dispel via their Counter Strike Totem. I got hit for 1.1 million from my own UA backlash vs a Turbo because now that UA backlash can only do max 50% of my health people can purposely let me stack it and indiscriminately dispel it.

They are literally able to pull this off in 1 second or less because he just drops it and their healer instantly dispels. There is no way I can react fast enough to either try to target and mele the totem to kill it or target and have pet attack to kill it before they can pull this off.

Do you really expect that Blizzard will nerf their precious melee comps because of warlocks? Tell me how many times your Sweet souls failed, then realise that this bug was reported from ALPHA. Blizzard don't care about warlocks, esp affliction, recent nerf to UA confirms that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Do you really expect that Blizzard will nerf their precious melee comps because of warlocks? Tell me how many times your Sweet souls failed, then realise that this bug was reported from ALPHA. Blizzard don't care about warlocks, esp affliction, recent nerf to UA confirms that.
    Yeah, it feels bad. I've been qing up to 2300+ mmr and 75% of the teams is see are either double mele or Hunter + Mele. The rest are RMP/RMD or shadow priest + feral/rogue/warrior. I can Q all night and never see another warlock. The only double caster team I have queued into above 2k were two former blizzcon competitors.

My issue with this is that this literally breaks my class. There is zero chance I can react fast enough to target the counter strike totem with my mouse and mele it myself with my staff or command my pet to kill it before the enemy team can coordinate in voice each dropping the totem and dispelling it with each other.

thx for info =) ididnt know counter strike could reflect UA dispell debuff, def gonna tell shammies i grp up with to use it like this =)))) killing locks will be even easier now ';..;' mwuahahaha jk.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    thx for info =) ididnt know counter strike could reflect UA dispell debuff, def gonna tell shammies i grp up with to use it like this =)))) killing locks will be even easier now ';..;' mwuahahaha jk.
    Honestly I'm posting this here because I want more people to know about it and abuse it so hopefully something gets changed with it. All my shaman friends I've asked about this after the first time I had this happen to me told me they didn't know anything about it and didn't believe it would work. Then the second time I had it happen to me confirmed it.

There is no possible way I can play around my own damage doing 50% of my health to me while I have an Enhance Shaman + BM Hunter or Warrior blowing their cool downs into me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    Yeah, it feels bad. I've been qing up to 2300+ mmr and 75% of the teams is see are either double mele or Hunter + Mele. The rest are RMP/RMD or shadow priest + feral/rogue/warrior. I can Q all night and never see another warlock. The only double caster team I have queued into above 2k were two former blizzcon competitors.

My issue with this is that this literally breaks my class. There is zero chance I can react fast enough to target the counter strike totem with my mouse and mele it myself with my staff or command my pet to kill it before the enemy team can coordinate in voice each dropping the totem and dispelling it with each other.
    Yeah, our lock is levelling a ret. But my experience is that counterstrike totem is generally broken. If you don't snipe it you die; and sniping totems isn't great gameplay - that's why Blizz moved far, far away from it since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah, our lock is levelling a ret. But my experience is that counterstrike totem is generally broken. If you don't snipe it you die; and sniping totems isn't great gameplay - that's why Blizz moved far, far away from it since BC.
    Ya totems are annoying thats why you gotta be on ur toes, but there are addons that announce in voice what spells/abilities are used, so that helps a lot =). I actually watched (from my dead body) as a WW put karma on Enh, and Enh put down CS totem (WW didnt notice it) they both dropped low but didnt kill each other during that duration lol...was kinda funny to watch, WW eventually won.

P.S. Tell your friend lvl Arms or Rogue, much better choice than Ret, since Rets are almost never in a good place for a long time, this is 1st time since wrath (past 8 years) that Rets are in a very good spot in PvP, so ya...only took Blizzard 8 years to make Rets good lol :P, hence safer choice lvling war/rogue

If only blizzard would nerf the classes they play, RiP melee trains for days. Being a melee class, we are definitely too strong right now, like why can we interrupt from a distance? We're melee for fucks sake, make us have to be in melee range, dont give us 2 charges 2 leaps ranged interrupts and melee abilities with 10 yards.

Deleted
    Now let's see how long it will take them to fix this.

Remb guys back in the days we could macro /target X(place totem's name here) /cast Crusader Strike(or any attack here) and you could kill totems within same global without ever manually targeting them. They really need to allow our macros targets totems again >.<. Did some 3s yest, we faced DK/Feral/Rdrood and my rshammy put down CS totem during their burst opener, they both almost killed themselves >.<, was easiest win ever

Remb guys back in the days we could macro /target X(place totem's name here) /cast Crusader Strike(or any attack here) and you could kill totems within same global without ever manually targeting them. They really need to allow our macros targets totems again >.<. Did some 3s yest, we faced DK/Feral/Rdrood and my rshammy put down CS totem during their burst opener, they both almost killed themselves >.<, was easiest win ever
    People are cheesing the totems too by playing with demo locks and BM Hunters and trying to bury the totem in the middle of 20 pets making it really hard to target quickly to kill. There is no option to turn off pet name plates and leave on the totem nameplates only in the default Blizzard UI. Totems, pets and minions are all lumped up under the same nameplate option.

You shouldn't have to use a third party add on to work around something like this.

I'd like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Now let's see how long it will take them to fix this.
    Never. For various reasons.

Deleted
    People are cheesing the totems too by playing with demo locks and BM Hunters and trying to bury the totem in the middle of 20 pets making it really hard to target quickly to kill. There is no option to turn off pet name plates and leave on the totem nameplates only in the default Blizzard UI. Totems, pets and minions are all lumped up under the same nameplate option.

You shouldn't have to use a third party add on to work around something like this.
    Macro with /target , sucks to have a bind just for this but it works at least efficient. With all the pruning there should be no issue to use one of the freed up keys.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Macro with /target , sucks to have a bind just for this but it works at least efficient. With all the pruning there should be no issue to use one of the freed up keys.
    You can't use a macro to /target totems anymore, they changed that quite a while back.

You can't use a macro to /target totems anymore, they changed that quite a while back.
    it was quite broken to do that with hunters too. Literally every totem died the same global the shaman put it down lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    elemental can also do this, so nerfing counterstrike is nerfing elemental which is near completely fucking dead.

and OP totems aren't supposed to instantly fucking die we're supposed to get some use out of them, not LOL TOTEM LOL DEAD, like wow what an ability.

- - - Updated - - -

that was fun to use an ability and have it instantly removed, felt like great gameplay, wonder why ppl always tunneled the shaman when he couldn't keep a totem alive for 1 second.

yep pretty much this is what i did after faced beast clv with BM hunter... Shammies+ hunters pets makes it very hard to target CS totem, hence i just went to options and turned off health bars of pets/minions

Well, if the notes on the front page of MMO champ right now are correct, Affliction is getting extremely nerfed yet again and Destro is getting insanely buffed.

Looks like I'm just gonna have to go do my destro artifact quest now and start grinding AP for it.

200% additional damage to chaos bolts? Conflag roots and doesnt break on damage? Sign me up!

200% additional damage to chaos bolts? Conflag roots and doesnt break on damage? Sign me up!
    correct me if i am wrong (i dont play locks) but werent destro locks decent with a "shot gun" spec.

Whats the cast on new chaos bolt, that is if it was changed from WoD?