Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    LOL ignorance at its best. Just look at the online reaction at large, you lost buddy but go on, tuck your tail in between your legs and run away
    Again, like the trump debacle of last week, not everything that happens on the internet is true, even less when its tied with these things

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Which parts about what I said weren't facts?
    The part of the misleading snake... really, trump has lied much more (and he is a professional conman) than clinton
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-10-05 at 02:54 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

1.) LOL ignorance at its best.

2.) Just look at the online reaction at large
    I assume the irony is lost on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netscape View Post
    That's just a really dumb argument on your part. If abortion were illegal, it would effect everyone. Men can't get abortions though, that's just how it is. That doesn't necessarily make the policy discriminatory.
    I don't think you understand. I'm not disagreeing with you on the letter of the law, I'm talking about the perception of how it impacts women. There are many women who feel that any punishment for abortion is punishing women for something only women can be punished for. You can declare that's incorrect all you want, but that's the reality -- and it's a very significant issue for women. There is a reason, as I said before, that the GOP struggles to hold on to female voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Keep preaching Citizen Kaine. Please. We need you to destroy would-be President Rosebud.
    In this case, rosebud is the presidency. I don't think you understood the movie. Kain is largely seen as a fascist... you are mixing your mataphors and at best asking media to help Trump trick people.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    He doesn't have that malevolent vibe to him.
    Huh. I somehow get this sense that you are talking about charisma, but you make it sound like Clinton and Kaine are just waiting to eat your face when you aren't looking...and that's just a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I assume the irony is lost on you.
    Hey look who's back, that didn't take long but ok keep denying it

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly... Pence is the relic the GOP needs to stop being.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Maybe after he loses in 2020 they will get the message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think Pence did a better job presenting himself for a 2020 president run than a 2016 Trump presidency.
    He has even less of a chance in 2020 than he'd do now.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone is forgetting just how much of a fringe candidate Pence is because he's covered by Trump's....drama. Pence has to restrain himself to try to have some semblance of alignment with Trump, and even that isn't working so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Again, like the trump debacle of last week, not everything that happens on the internet is true, even less when its tied with these things
    Fair enough, we'll see if this creates any noticeable change in the polls although this is the VP debate after all, but anyone on the left that thinks Trump lost the last debate because he was irritated and had a bad demeanor and then thinks that Kaine won this debate has their head up their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Pence destroyed Kaine when it came to presentation, temperament, and composure.

Kaine destroyed pence when it came to dealing with facts, especially regarding their running mates.
    This was pretty much my assessment. Kaine was trying to do too much at once and was getting impatient about it. Pence was collected, but since videos exist, his calm denial of what he and Trump actually said will be a topic for the week to come. You could tell what he didn't want to try to defend about Trump by the way he was shaking his head too.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Thats a problem. The religious right (or wrong) has been a reliable voting bloc (or block?) For the past 30-40 years. The big problem is that they're dying out and there's no replacement

Fair enough, we'll see if this creates any noticeable change in the polls although this is the VP debate after all, but anyone on the left that thinks Trump lost the last debate because he was irritated and had a bad demeanor and then thinks that Kaine won this debate has their head up their ass.
    I personally think that their strategies were different. For me it was like kaine accepted a possible tactical defeat, in exchange for a strategic victory
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-10-05 at 02:59 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Then we have to go FURTHER RIGHT Or is it fuhrer reich when we reach that point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Thats a problem. The religious right (or wrong) has been a reliable voting bloc (or block?) For the past 30-40 years. The big problem is that they're dying out and there's no replacement
    For the most part

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/11/03/u...ess-religious/

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Do you remember the era of George W. Bush? Look at what they're trying to put in office now and then tell me that the Republican's EVER "get the message"? >_<

They're the party of "personal responsibility" - and their definition of that is to "Blame every single thing they screw up onto whomever the current Democrat is."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Do you remember the era of George W. Bush? Look at what they're trying to put in office now and then tell me that the Republican's EVER "get the message"? >_<

They're the party of "personal responsibility" - and their definition of that is to "Blame every single thing they screw up onto whomever the current Democrat is."
    To be fair, Democrats do the same. It's just how politics works: no blame, no gain!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    He has even less of a chance in 2020 than he'd do now.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone is forgetting just how much of a fringe candidate Pence is because he's covered by Trump's....drama. Pence has to restrain himself to try to have some semblance of alignment with Trump, and even that isn't working so well.
    What I mean is that when he runs in 4 years he made sure that "Defended Trumps outrageous behavior" won't be thrown in his face as he simply ignored the question. He knows Trump is done and is doing his duty but not selling Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Then I welcome the presidency belonging permanently to the Democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

The moderator was terrible. There was no flow to the entire debate. Topics were all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, between the two I don't think there was a "clear" winner overall.
    Clinton.

Any non-decisive result favors the status quo, and she's ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think Pence did a better job presenting himself for a 2020 president run than a 2016 Trump presidency.
    Pence 2020: Hindsight

- - - Updated - - -

Politifact basically gave up and said "Everything was half true".

Right now Eric Trump is in a debate with 3 major political correspondents on CNN and pivoting to attack Hillary on every question he doesn't want to answer like what do you think about pence not defending your fathers remarks.