Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Then I welcome the presidency belonging permanently to the Democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

The moderator was terrible. There was no flow to the entire debate. Topics were all over the place.

You and me both, brother. :P

And yeah, the moderator was horrible horrible. no fact-checking, piss-poor questions, just blech...

- - - Updated - - -

The moderator was terrible. There was no flow to the entire debate. Topics were all over the place.
    Well to be fair there is only 1 VP debate as opposed to 3 presidential debates and historically speaking they have always tried to jam in as many various topics as possible for VP debates due to having 1/3rd the time to ask all the things that a potential president should answer.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well to be fair there is only 1 VP debate as opposed to 3 presidential debates and historically speaking they have always tried to jam in as many various topics as possible for VP debates due to having 1/3rd the time to ask all the things that a potential president should answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Right now Eric Trump is in a debate with 3 major political correspondents on CNN and pivoting to attack Hillary on every question he doesn't want to answer like what do you think about pence not defending your fathers remarks.
    Is the GOP finally coming to realize that Trump is literally undefendable? Other than "Trump never said that" which, again, False.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    It's kind of a case by case basis. Romney won the first debate with Obama because of how much he interrupted him. There's a way to do it.

I don't think Kaine did a very good job with his interruptions though they weren't terrible.
    Not true, had nothing to do with interruptions and everything to do with Obama hating debates and not wanting to be there. Obama has always felt that debates are a horrible way of choosing the person you want to elect and didn't want to take part, then the democrats rounded on him and demanded he fight harder or lose the White House and he did. That's the difference between a Trumo debate, Republicans can't accept a bad performance and thus can't demand he do better so Trump won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reactions so far. Not many people deny Kaine won in policy and points. Pence points come from composure but what is composure if your policy sucks

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Is the GOP finally coming to realize that Trump is literally undefendable? Other than "Trump never said that" which, again, False.
    The GOP is coming to realize a lot of things, it's voters? Not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Still not as funny as the little guy getting his panties in a twist over people playing clips of the stupid shit he says.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Reactions so far. Not many people deny Kaine won in policy and points. Pence points come from composure but what is composure if your policy sucks
    I give Pence points on not taking the bait for obvious traps and jumping in dick first and then doubling down on stupid like Trump always does.

My issue was why Kaine was wearing a red tie and Pence a blue tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Better question is, who cares what colors they wear, this isn't the crips and the bloods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Bloods vs Crips.

Debate went worse than predicted, both Pence and Kaine stuck to talking points and Kaine should have been far more composed, he came off as an ass with all of the interrupting. Yes Trump does it too, but Trump is a dick; acting like an ass hurts Kaine's "I'm a nice guy" image. He should have just been himself instead of acting like Hillary's attack dog, if that was what she was looking for then she should have chosen a different VP.

I think Pence won the debate, Kaine gets a couple points for content but really neither of them answered the moderator's questions and BOTH of them were rude by talking over her/interrupting/not answering the questions given.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Debate went worse than predicted, both Pence and Kaine stuck to talking points and Kaine should have been far more composed, he came off as an ass with all of the interrupting. Yes Trump does it too, but Trump is a dick; acting like an ass hurts Kaine's "I'm a nice guy" image. He should have just been himself instead of acting like Hillary's attack dog, if that was what she was looking for then she should have chosen a different VP.

I think Pence won the debate, Kaine gets a couple points for content but really neither of them answered the moderator's questions and BOTH of them were rude by talking over her/interrupting/not answering the questions given.
    A lot of people are saying that the vice president debates don't effect the polls at all. I think Tim Kaine realized that and just tried to damage Trump as much as possible. He just showed the entire world that Trump's vice president can't even defend his policies. My observation is based on other people opinions though because I haven't watched the debates. I am gonna watch it tomorrow but I am feeling really lazy right now.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-10-05 at 04:08 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    A lot of people are saying that the vice president debates don't effect the polls at all. I think Kaine realized that and just tried to damage Trump as much as possible. He just showed the entire world Trump vice president can't even defend his policies.
    Well neither came off as a Palin so they both succeeded tonight. Trump is Palin 2.0. Can't be taught and prone to puking up stupid and then eating it again on stage.

Debate went worse than predicted, both Pence and Kaine stuck to talking points and Kaine should have been far more composed, he came off as an ass with all of the interrupting.
    One of the big things is of course how much they had to juggle: defending themselves AND their running mate, and debate the other AND attack their running mate, and the amount of material on the running mates alone is staggering enough in this election. I think Kaine got ahead of himself trying to do too much at once, and hurt himself in presentation.

I'm also going to agree with this:
    A lot of people are saying that the vice president debates don't effect the polls at all. I think Tim Kaine realized that and just tried to damage Trump as much as possible. He just showed the entire world Trump vice president can't even defend his policies...
    If Kaine's primary goal was to demonstrate that Trump simply can't be defended, then he did that fairly well, though obviously better composure would've helped his cause more. I think he also did a better job (in content) defending and promoting Clinton than Pence did for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account

I've never seen Kaine behave stately, though I've only been following since Clinton picked him. He has always come off as simple (not dumb but someone not into political decorum), casual, speaks the same way on camera that he does at home. We've seen it at the DNC, we've seen on TV interviews, we saw it at the debate. Thats why Clinton picked him, because he has no filter and can be her attack dog.

Pence came off as being fake and passive aggressive. I get that he was trying to contrast Trump but Pence looked like a statue at times. Talk about stale boring politicians...He also didn't have much to say. Demeanor does not win elections, no makes you good leader. Its a good trait to have but it there is no substance behind it then its useless, see Jeb Bush.

Tomorrow we will here a lot of Conservatives talking about Pence's demeanor, ignoring that Trump was nominated because he is the exact opposite, ignoring that Kaine wiped the floor with him in ever other aspect of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    As a baptism American
    Why is this relevant.

And if you can let's start by only you listing the whole problems gays and women have that white males do not? Besides sex with men or an menstrual cycle.

Just you alone, no one else can answer for you or be your white knight. You white knighted your way in now talk yourself back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Did not like that Kaine interrupted Pence a lot.

And though I did not like the content of Pence message, he did do better style wise in the debate.

On that, Pence will be seen as the winner.
    I think that Kaine's tactic was to put Pence on the defensive and force to acknowledge the stupid ideas that his boss has, and show them to the world. In that regard i see him as a strategic winner, even if the tactical part (the debate itself) wasnt so good
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    Why is this relevant.

And if you can let's start by only you listing the whole problems gays and women have that white males do not? Besides sex with men or an menstrual cycle.

Just you alone, no one else can answer for you or be your white knight. You white knighted your way in now talk yourself back out.
    I'd imagine there still places they can't get married. They also aren't protected by anti-discrimination laws in some places as well. They can't adopt in some places or give blood even if they meet every requirement. Not all sexual orientation are welcomed into the army either.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-10-05 at 04:37 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Yeah no. I can't believe you are posting this reality denying bull-crap.
    Reality denying? Ha people living on the street don't care about your first world problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine there still places they can't get married. They also aren't protected by anti-discrimination laws in some places as well.
    a simple google search will tell you 13 states and getting smaller but all they have to do is ahhh geeezz move?

Also for the record, I am neither rep or demo or religious and don't care if gays get married or w/e they want to do.