Page 72 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Going face is the best way to beat rez priest because he either spends all his mana staying alive which only works for so long or spends all his mana rezzing minions which means his face dies.
    Getting really tired of facing aggro shamans all the time we need some seriously amazing late game cards to slow the meta down.
    I'm having good luck with anyfin deck against agro shamans. You have aldor peacekeeper to make their 4 mana 7/7 into a 4 mana 1/7 plus combos to clear the board. Usually survive to turn 10 and drop back to back anyfin and wait for them to concede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they would get rid of reno Jackson, I don't think its op as such but it seems to make it feel like the last 20 min game was a complete waste of my time as a lock just brewmastered it...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 20HP vs a mage about to die. Full board vs his Sorc Apprentice and Water Ele. He has no cards.

He topdecks Tome. Gets two Fireballs and an Ice Lance.

6 damage from minions + 12 from Fireballs + 4 from Lance. 22 straight to my face from an empty hand.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Wish they would get rid of reno Jackson, I don't think its op as such but it seems to make it feel like the last 20 min game was a complete waste of my time as a lock just brewmastered it...
    If I'm not mistaken, Reno will be gone from standard soon right? Can't come soon enough. I've tried playing some reno mage and usually lose. You have to draw it in order to use it and I'd say 75% of the time I don't even draw it. The other 25% it doesn't really matter because by the time I play it, the other guy has a board full of minions and will quickly kill me from 30 health anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Reno will be gone from standard soon right? Can't come soon enough. I've tried playing some reno mage and usually lose. You have to draw it in order to use it and I'd say 75% of the time I don't even draw it. The other 25% it doesn't really matter because by the time I play it, the other guy has a board full of minions and will quickly kill me from 30 health anyways.
    You should try Reno Rogue. Still can struggle against Smorc Shaman depending on the game (what deck doesn't really), but can wreck zoolock if they spend more time on face than board control It is also VERY satisfying to utterly destroy Reno Mages when they prolong the game for you to draw into Reno & then bait them into wasting half or more of their burn spells just for you to Reno the face. Also good way of denying control warriors grom finishers.

Yeah i know that feeling, even when i play Reno. you play 10 min, then you throw out Reno and opponent concedes. It just seems like watsed time. not even fun to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Yeah i know that feeling, even when i play Reno. you play 10 min, then you throw out Reno and opponent concedes. It just seems like wasted time. not even fun to win.
    Actually yeah good point I don't imagine its that fun to win that way either.
    Like I said I don't really feel it is stupidly op just a "ffs concede" lol

wtf since the start of the new season everything goes face!

10+ Year Old Account
    What beats control pally? Because I feel like I just pulled a wallop on him when he nzoth'd and he still stomped me.

Playing dragon paladin and I have a lone ysera on my side. He has rag lightlord on board plays nzoth, which brings back sylvanas, cairne, and a harvest golem. I swing ysera into rag, play ysera awakens, sylvanas steals ysera, smack ysera with my 1 charge left truesilver, consecration, then play the 3/6 taunt dragon.

He still ends up killing me late game despite 2 forbidden healing on myself and a lay on hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually yeah good point I don't imagine its that fun to win that way either.
    Like I said I don't really feel it is stupidly op just a "ffs concede" lol
    It's actually great fun to watch an aggro deck or a freeze mage or whatever throw everything they have at you, then Reno and watch the rage quit.

Watch the cards played. If you're not seeing any duplicates apart from "created by Etherial Conjuror/Cabalists Tome", then you should not be surprised if you go facefaceface right into Reno.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's actually great fun to watch an aggro deck or a freeze mage or whatever throw everything they have at you, then Reno and watch the rage quit.

Watch the cards played. If you're not seeing any duplicates apart from "created by Etherial Conjuror/Cabalists Tome", then you should not be surprised if you go facefaceface right into Reno.
    I've played freeze mage a bit and it is indeed infuriating when you just miss lethal and they reno. I can't wait till that card is out of standard.

I've played freeze mage a bit and it is indeed infuriating when you just miss lethal and they reno. I can't wait till that card is out of standard.
    That is why you never ping a minion instead of face, unless you're going to lose, and you never hurl crap at face unless you're going to win that turn. Any other play is asking to miss lethal by 1 damage (which happens more often that people may think) and/or asking for reactive heals to screw you over.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I have to vent for the sake of my opponent just now. Was playing a non ranked standard game, my take on a fun Ramp Yogg Druid vs some other druid (ramp maybe?)

I started out with a fast double living roots with coin play & things just snowballed from there. Got a turn 3 Force of Nature out (FoN from Raven Idol), followed by Malchezar and a second FoN not too long after. The second FoN was also from Raven Idol. Poor guy used soooo many taunts to stave off my unexpected and spontaneous aggro druid assault. He dropped a Dark Arrakoa, two Ironbark Protectors, and an Ancient of War all of which I destroyed using no removal. That is 33 worth of taunted enemy health broken through! xD Also had a one mana and zero mana Arcane Giant dropped onto the board for extra measure at the end.

I'm not very experienced with druid, but the crazy rng gods with draws & board flooding helped me fake a crazy aggro druid game just now lol. I legitimately feel bad for my opponent and that match that got handed to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing like going down a fatigue game, throwing down the Golden Monkey to have one of the 3 legendaries I get be fucking Nat Pagle.

Has happened in the last 5 games. I swear the monkey description should be changed to Replace your hand and deck with legendary minions. One minion is always Nat Pagle.

>Have Spectate quest, and win Warrior quest.
    >Queue game as pirate warrior.
    >Face Tyrande.
    >Priest is roping every turn but w/e I just assume he's special needs.
    >Win by turn 7.
    >Get friend request.
    >"What's the harm in accepting? I need spectate quest anyway. Maybe he just wanted to ask about the deck."

20 times.

I'm not really angry but kinda annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    >Have Spectate quest, and win Warrior quest.
    >Queue game as pirate warrior.
    >Face Tyrande.
    >Priest is roping every turn but w/e I just assume he's special needs.
    >Win by turn 7.
    >Get friend request.
    >"What's the harm in accepting? I need spectate quest anyway. Maybe he just wanted to ask about the deck."

20 times.

I'm not really angry but kinda annoying.
    Maybe he was trying to bring awareness to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wR3rj6Blqg

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Nothing like going down a fatigue game, throwing down the Golden Monkey to have one of the 3 legendaries I get be fucking Nat Pagle.

Has happened in the last 5 games. I swear the monkey description should be changed to Replace your hand and deck with legendary minions. One minion is always Nat Pagle.
    How else do you expect to pass the time away during a fatigue game unless you're fishing with your buddy Nat?

So Yogg royally fucked me when he Siphon Soul'd himself first spell when I had 10+ spells played.

After that loss, I removed him from my deck. I take a break, as wild control games are long and grueling.

Then I get the itch to play again a couple hours later.

Lo and behold, the bastard finds his way back into my deck through Prince Melchazaar.

What could go wrong? It's not like he'd Siphon Soul himself 2 matches in a row, right?

Wrong.

Well. The chance of that happening is so slim, I don't even want to take the time to count how many spells there are in Hearthstone to find out.

And for him to be stuck in there out of all the legendaries too. At least you got a humorous story out of it...?

Enough with all the copycats playing the same warlock deck. I am so sick of that deck and its brainless face tactics. I'm playing freeze mage to combat them and usually beat them but I had a few games last night where I literally didn't draw a single nova or blizzard and his dumb low cost minions just pounded me down. And why is it when I have 5 health left they always have doomguard in hand or topdeck it?

Enough with all the copycats. I'm playing freeze mage
    Because freeze mage is an original and unique deck, right?