How to trigger raid level follower missions?

My main has followers all the way up to 830 but has not received a raid level quest, while my alt has not upgraded anything at all and has access to one. Is there some way to trigger this like there was in WoD, or is getting them just purely random?

Same for me. It's infuriating.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's only triggering on alts for me, hadn't even a single follower at 110 even for the last one. Main got them all at 850.. Probably just another cog in the Blizzard Lottery machine.

I was thinking it was 3x 850 followers, since I read that somewhere.
    But you have the mission on your alt, that's weird and kinda rules out ilvl followers.

I have 5x 850 followers, but still no mission

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    I have 5x 850 followers, but still no mission
    How? I've been doing all my missions and barely have everyone over 815.

EDIT: Still no raid mission for me either.

Deleted
    Turns out it rewards 835 LFR "gear", no matter what diff you do the quest on. Useless.

likely the reward scales based on number of boss kills at a particular difficulty, as caches did in WoD

it's crazy it hasn't popped up for you guys though; the ilgy quest popped up for my alts who have never stepped foot in a raid (and don't have enough follower levels to even really run them)

Quote Originally Posted by Dariss View Post

Different classes have different ways of getting follower gear. DHs can put in work orders for example.

I have 7 110, 5 of them got the raid quest, the other two didn't. It seems to be completely random, the itemlevel of your followers doesn't matter at all to get the quest. Some of the chars who got it did not even have more than 3 110 followers.

Deleted
    I got Normal quality gear from it though, not LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Different classes have different ways of getting follower gear. DHs can put in work orders for example.
    Apart from the descriptions of the "options", every class orderhall abilities are EXACTLY the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariss View Post

Research the champion gear vendor. My hunter has everyone except 4 at 850 and all 5 have atleast one peice of gear on. I would upgrade Nesingwary but I don't think ilevel increases the chances of him proccing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Apart from the descriptions of the "options", every class orderhall abilities are EXACTLY the same.
    Not true. At least 3 classes can't get gear from a work order, but they get them from missions directly. I believe its Druid, Monk and Shaman (can't check due to being at work).

Err no? My druid cannot research to put work orders for follower gear, my mage can.

That is not true ...

Really? Well fuck me running.. i didnt know that.
    Why would they make it different for different classes tho? Doesnt make much sense

Still haven't received any raid missions, thought I might with the reset. I have several followers at 850. My buddy who just hit 110 immediately got it, what the hell is going on?

Deleted
    Welcome to legion, RNG, to get that rng you need rng unlocked by rng.

Really? Well fuck me running.. i didnt know that.
    Why would they make it different for different classes tho? Doesnt make much sense
    Flavor.

It wouldn't make sense for your paladin to have a class hall ability to collect up the bones and bits of various creatures you killed while out and about to make an abomination to send out on missions - but sure does for a DK.