Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What good brings encha. shaman to raids over ranged DPS classes?

What "Good raid utility" does enchantment shaman bring. According to IV encha brings good raid utility, but by going over the skills and things they should use... I am missing something or am blind, but cannot find any good utilities spoken about... What would make taking a melee shaman worth it over a ranged DPS?

I am asking cause I have to choose from between hunter, mage or encha. shaman for my 30-man group. I have 4 mages, 3 hunters already, but no DPS shamans. And the ranged-melee split is roughly equal. Usually I am not fussed with the setup too much, but as I get to make a choice... then I just cannot choose, cause not really seen what a good encha can do.

7+ Year Old Account
    We do good DPS and have a AOE stun. We can off heal a little but only when we cant attack the boss. that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    What would make taking a melee shaman worth it over a ranged DPS?
    They do heavy damage currently.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What "Good raid utility" does enchantment shaman bring.
    They make all of our jewelry and cloaks stronger.

Deleted
    enchantment
    enchantment
    enchantment
    ENCHANTMENT
    ENCHANTMENT
    ENCHANTMENT

We have a strong single target dps, above average cleave and an amazing aoe stun.

Enhancement bring really storng damage, even a little bit more than the meters show if you factor in stormlash on others, and wind rush totem is great!

Enchant shamans can buff rings chest and necks, very usefull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    We do good DPS and have a AOE stun. We can off heal a little but only when we cant attack the boss. that's about it.
    How much DPS does a shaman loose when they have to go and drop their debuff or swap targets to something further away? The same amount as any other melee would or more/less compared to others? Cause certain fights like Nythendra, illyginoth, renferal kinda pulls melee away from their main target?

How much DPS does a shaman loose when they have to go and drop their debuff or swap targets to something further away? The same amount as any other melee would or more/less compared to others? Cause certain fights like Nythendra, illyginoth, renferal kinda pulls melee away from their main target?
    Unless I'm missing something, enhance shouldn't really lose anything except in travel time, since they only buff themselves rather than debuff the enemy. Unless you have the talent that leaves the little aoe storm on the ground for AoE of course.

I could be horribly wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    Enchant shamans can buff rings chest and necks, very usefull.
    I am dumb, but can someone explain this to me?

They're poking fun of your misspell of encha. in the title instead of enhance.

Only because you're a mod... the hint is in the misspelling of the word and what that word means.

He's being sarcastic due to you posting "enchantment" instead of "enhancement" I must admit I chuckled.

It's e n h a n c e m e n t , not e n c h a n t m e n t . Also, it's "lose damage", not "loose damage".

How can someone this illiterate be a mod is beyond me.

Anyway, enh shammies are great for not suffering from target swapping as they only buff themselves and others to some degree.

Aside from damage, they also have an AoE sprint they can place to whatever place possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    What Jester Joe said. As long as we always have buffs up we don't loose that much. The only way we loose DPS is when we get bad procs and if we go Feral Lunge there's not much travel time.

for right now, enhance brings a crapton of damage really

wind rush is pretty nice, especially on il'gyna (and rainfall really ain't that bad either, it's like 40k+ hps of healing that your healers aren't paying for)

but now that AG burst healing and fire nova crazy aoe are gone, they're basically a generic melee with no great raid cd, solo soaking, or mobility and basically bring their damage (to be fair that's where most dps specs are now since blizz has decided to take away pretty much everything away from everyone over the course of wod and legion release other than cloak and paladin utility), and fortunatley, for now, enhance damage is absolutely bonkers

There's no such thing as an "Enchant shaman"
    the right word for the spec is "enHANCEment" -shaman.
    It's really common mistake, and my "friends" make sure do say it wrong on purpose, every. damn. time....
    ...No I don't have any issue with it! <.<

OT: Enhance is one of the best dps specs atm, doing massive damage and burst,
    they bring aoe Sprint to the raid, some decent buffs to nearby dps (if specced) , aoe stun, they have great movement, through ghost wolf and sprint* (called something else, no idea what it's actually called, it's bloody sprint!)
    they can do some ok-ish aoe healing if specced into healing rain, and decent single target healing with healing surge in a pinch.
    and they can ress themselves and use Heroism.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Currently, Enhancement Shamans brings solid single target damage, OK sustain AOE damage and great raid utility.
    They can provide Stormlash to other raid members when attacking. Stormlash gives these players additional damage with their attacks.
    With their talents, they can bring a great AOE movement speed bonus, an AOE stun and/or an AOE healing spell.
    Enhancement Shamans also have good moblity with their Spirit Walk and their Ghost Wolf.
    Also, their burst damage is pretty good compared to some other classes.

Deleted
    It's because there is no "enchantment" shaman spec. Only Enhancement. How can someone play shammy and not know this ;p So yeah, they were making fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    a) I don't play shaman, that's why I am asking ^^
    b) I already stated I was dumb so thanks for the explanations, took me long enough to start typing rogue properly, lets see how much time does it take to get enhancement shaman correctly
    c)
    How can someone this illiterate be a mod is beyond me.
    Can I be excused if my main language is not English and I do my best not to cause too many outcries about how bad my grammar is :P? If not, then you can keep wondering ^^

Thanks for the grammar correction and thanks for the explanations why shamans are decent to have along.

Now you can carry on about making fun of my spelling mistakes .