Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Locks may not be top tier but those buffs certainly made them viable. I was able to hit 2230 yesterday in 3s and we already have a lock over 2400 finally.
    Well glad to hear that, but honestly I am more worried about PvE damage for destro and affliction :<

Locks may not be top tier but those buffs certainly made them viable.
    My corruption went from 130k to 134k over 18 seconds after tuning patch. This is with 25% from absolute corruption talent. IF only low mobility meant higher damage... Oh wait.

Locks may not be top tier but those buffs certainly made them viable. I was able to hit 2230 yesterday in 3s and we already have a lock over 2400 finally.
    What spec and comps do you generally run? My buddy is playing lock and I'd like to suggest some viable options to him.

Deleted
    No surprise that balance druids is no where to find. We are literally useless in arena atm. No self sustain without dropping the armor form, no damage reduction except barkskin with 20 % DR (LOL), no peel really. And 1 interrupt causes us to be a sitting duck

Deleted
    Currently Assasination Rogues are the fastest climbing spec, they will kick warriors off of their throne. On the class ladder, they are already the most successfull DPS at 2200+. Windwalkers also appeared in the top 15 at 2200+, I wonder if they will continue climbing.

These screenshots are from arenamate.net.

WW really? I wounder what happens after the huge 7.1 nurfs hit .. Also, surprised to see Assa until I actually faced a team with an Assa in 3v3 .. man they hurt ..

I did some rated 2s/3s on my alt these weekends with Demo locks, man they pack mean punch, especially the fell guard with aoe stun...that thing is soooo nice vs melee clv who train ur healer. I think locks are in a decent spot atm (ofc not god tier but still very viable at lower/mid cr)

Deleted
    It is a big factor how well specs are "known" and in the first weeks of a new expansions there are lots of changes usually. Rogues started out playing Sub because it is the most "traditional" rogue spec and Assassination is really unappealing at first glance because it is lacking CC, which is kind of a defining Rouge property.

Warlocks were mainly playing Affliction because it was always viable and Demonology changed so much that nobody really knows the potential.

As it turns out Assassination is really strong. Mainly because it has really good pressure and is the only Rogue spec that still has the healing reduction. I'm not 100% sure about Demonology. It seems good currently but a lot of that could just be that Demo locks have found out by now how to play effectively, but most people don't really know yet how to play against Demo.

What is also worth noting is how DH population dropped severely after the nerfs and at 2200+ they are rock bottom now in terms of representation. They really seem to be a one-trick-pop-all-your-CDs-pony that is easily countered at high ratings.

Overall I think balance seems to be not that bad. Resto Shamans / Rogues / Warriors are a bit over the top. DHs might actually be a bit too weak now. The rest seems quite fine.

US:
    60-70% Horde
    40-30% Alliance

EU:
    60-70 Alliance
    40-30% Horde

Why ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    US:
    60-70% Horde
    40-30% Alliance

EU:
    60-70 Alliance
    40-30% Horde

Why ?
    US are faster at picking up/setting trends I suppose.. More tryhards rolling horde for orc racial. EU still has majority of players as human, where as US is all orcs..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Melee cleaves are just cancer and take no skill whatsoever.

The sooner they get destroyed the better. Teams should consist of melee/range/healer.
    PJSalt

/char10

Rets are pretty god like right now. Seen quite a few more rets in arenas. The dispel they have is very nice and the extra healing they give to people near them is great for melee cleaves. I main a shadow priest right now sitting at 2k as I leveled my Ret. The ret is much more fun int he current meta. Shadow just gets trained 90% of games.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    US are faster at picking up/setting trends I suppose.. More tryhards rolling horde for orc racial. EU still has majority of players as human, where as US is all orcs..
    Not necessarily true, they just have a different meta. It's like the meta differences between EU and KR on SC2. EU plays human with adaptation which is pretty good. NA seems to like Orcs which are amazing and relentless goes well with orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocery View Post
    Rets are pretty god like right now. Seen quite a few more rets in arenas. The dispel they have is very nice and the extra healing they give to people near them is great for melee cleaves. I main a shadow priest right now sitting at 2k as I leveled my Ret. The ret is much more fun int he current meta. Shadow just gets trained 90% of games.
    Yeh Rets are good but Prot Pally are better apparently, currently a prot pally is higher ranked than two best Multi R1 Rets: Vanguards/Avengerline.

However, Ret has only few viable comps cuz its very easy to peel/cc Ret, and you need a GOOD healer who will dispel you as Ret, yest i did 3s with some random healer around 2.1-2.2k mmr, i set in polies/frost nova 60-70% of the fight with no dispels XD

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Yeh Rets are good but Prot Pally are better apparently, currently a prot pally is higher ranked than two best Multi R1 Rets: Vanguards/Avengerline.

However, Ret has only few viable comps cuz its very easy to peel/cc Ret, and you need a GOOD healer who will dispel you as Ret, yest i did 3s with some random healer around 2.1-2.2k mmr, i set in polies/frost nova 60-70% of the fight with no dispels XD
    A 2.1 or 2.2 healer not dispelling is astonishing. That is one of the top 3 priorities. I just came back from a 5-6 year hiatus as a holy paladin (now spriest/ret) and dispels were always a top priority. Uptime is a must.

Good Ret comps seem to be Ret Warrior, Ret Mage, Ret Rogue (though its more of a counter comp). I'd like to try Ret Enhance personally as the burst is retarded. Ret Hunter is decent.

Prot is super annoying too. The prot pally is only a bit higher but it is hard to tell what is better. I don't doubt that it could be better, just haven't run into them enough, not enough people playing them at high ratings or in general.

A 2.1 or 2.2 healer not dispelling is astonishing. That is one of the top 3 priorities. I just came back from a 5-6 year hiatus as a holy paladin (now spriest/ret) and dispels were always a top priority. Uptime is a must.

Good Ret comps seem to be Ret Warrior, Ret Mage, Ret Rogue (though its more of a counter comp). I'd like to try Ret Enhance personally as the burst is retarded. Ret Hunter is decent.

Prot is super annoying too. The prot pally is only a bit higher but it is hard to tell what is better. I don't doubt that it could be better, just haven't run into them enough, not enough people playing them at high ratings or in general.

Trust me i know... i didnt want to be mean to him, since he was a RL friend of a hunter i ran cupid on my Ret, but yes it got so bad, so i told them that i will just sit healer (since i could not stay on mage) and we actually started winning games vs mage/war/heals cuz i finally could dps...but ya its very hard to find a good healer these days in LFG.

Also Shadow/Ret/Rshammy should be good, i am yet to try it, but i really want to, and frost dk/ret/MW is decent but in my personal experience i try to avoid 2x melee clvs playing as Ret...since lack cc and easy to peel unless its rogue that is.

i really want to try fire mage/ret/heals or shadow/ret/heals this week.

Yes Ret/Enhance is amazing, got 2k today, beating 2100 mmr teams. I fully expect to see nerfs to pure of heart (auto dispel) with something like an 8s internal CD to be in line with regular dispels. The burst enhance provides is nutty. Enh will probably get nerfed too because they seem to be performing very well in PvE as well as having ridiculous burst in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    Nice balance.. DH not the most represented class, i am actually surprised. Warrior will get a nerf bat so hard, i am pretty sure about that.
    The last time arms got a serious nerf was stunsherald, and that was over a decade ago, and that's because when they got within melee range you might as well go get a drink because you were done playing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KampKanye View Post
    The last time arms got a serious nerf was stunsherald, and that was over a decade ago, and that's because when they got within melee range you might as well go get a drink because you were done playing.
    Eh, you forgot the introduction of Colossus Smash in Cata? When it gave 100% armor penetration in PvP.. This was fixed within a few weeks and made Colossus Smash the FIRST spell ever to get a separate effect in PvP and PvE. That said, it was still a pretty long time ago ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    WW really? I wounder what happens after the huge 7.1 nurfs hit .. Also, surprised to see Assa until I actually faced a team with an Assa in 3v3 .. man they hurt ..
    Yes, really WW. They're gonna be number one, in 3v3... maybe. lol For today, it looks good.
    I don't know if this monk representation at 2500+ is already the outcome of patch 7.1... and maybe 2500+ is also the wrong rating for such a screenshot.

Or how about these funny 2v2 "does not matter" ladder screenshots, EU and US:

Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2016-10-27 at 05:33 PM.

LOL @ people whining about Rogues. Warriors and DH's need to be removed from the damn game.