Blood Mythic+ Artifact Traits/Trinkets

Hey.

I've recently started tanking as a Blood DK and I'm a bit lost on what artifact traits I should be taking. Icy veins suggests going for Unending Thirst as the first gold trait, but I feel that in Mythic+ blood shield is almost never up.

What traits do you guys suggest going for first, or what have you gone for?

Also, what dungeon trinkets do you guys suggest?

The Unending Thirst Trait functions like this: You Death Strike, before your hit connects the healing it does is calculated and your blood shield goes up, then you do the damage. Since Blood Shield was up, your deathstrike gains the benefit of Unending thirst everytime. Whether you get the Leech benefit for anything more than a swing or two after is a matter for blizzard to decide that Blood's mastery is worth buffing or not.

That said if you get the legendary belt, Umbilicus Eternus is top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartin View Post
    The Unending Thirst Trait functions like this: You Death Strike, before your hit connects the healing it does is calculated and your blood shield goes up, then you do the damage. Since Blood Shield was up, your deathstrike gains the benefit of Unending thirst everytime. Whether you get the Leech benefit for anything more than a swing or two after is a matter for blizzard to decide that Blood's mastery is worth buffing or not.

That said if you get the legendary belt, Umbilicus Eternus is top tier.
    I thought they changed it so that the damage happens before the shield is applied, so it doesn't benefit?

And even if that talent's value is purely in the 25% extra damage to death strike, that doesn't help my survival right? It only increases the damage of one of my single target abilities.

The sad truth is that all of the gold traits are kind of awful. My guess is that Icy Veins recommends going for Thirst because of the talents you pick up along the way, like Vampiric Fangs and Rattling Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    The sad truth is that all of the gold traits are kind of awful. My guess is that Icy Veins recommends going for Thirst because of the talents you pick up along the way, like Vampiric Fangs and Rattling Bones.
    I see that, but I guess what I'm asking is why even take Unending Thirst when the vast majority of the time it does literally nothing (in Mythic+ at least)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    I thought they changed it so that the damage happens before the shield is applied, so it doesn't benefit?

And even if that talent's value is purely in the 25% extra damage to death strike, that doesn't help my survival right? It only increases the damage of one of my single target abilities.

As you can see, the heal (and therefore the bloodshield) is first.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartin View Post

As you can see, the heal (and therefore the bloodshield) is first.
    I stand corrected then.

But still, is 25% damage on one of your single target abilities really worth going for?

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    I'm not sure what game you're playing that Umbilicus Eternus isn't good for Mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    I stand corrected then.

But still, is 25% damage on one of your single target abilities really worth going for?
    It's not just 25% damage, it's that and 25% leech, it's noticeable, though not life saving on it's own. Yes you should get it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should still get unending thirst cause it's on the way and the most efficient route. I'll complain a lot about the DK artifact tree (lots of shit) but the only trait I really like is umbilicus. It's not a great bonus single target, but it's easily the best trait for M+.