Thread: IP nerf

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

IP nerf

Ignore Pain’s maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.

It's taking 33% off of everyone you use? Anyone else think they should have worded this differently. a 60 IP does like 600-700k now lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently looks like it takes away absorption of every single IP cast. Yes, they should have worded that diffrently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

afk I'll be crying

Oh damn, I thought this was the overall (the cap). Brutal, this change is a little rougher than I thought. I'll have to toy around with it and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    While any nerf is a bummer, I am so happy to no longer be rage-starved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    While any nerf is a bummer, I am so happy to no longer be rage-starved.
    ?? This really changes very little, the rage generation was coming from damage taken it isn't from Shield Slam or Revenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    ?? This really changes very little, the rage generation was coming from damage taken it isn't from Shield Slam or Revenge?
    That's true when you're raid tanking, but it made playing the warrior out in the world (and in dungeons lower than M+) a LOT less fun. We knew IP needed to be toned down, I just wanted it done without gimping me in world content. I think this is the right direction, at least.

So is it a nerf, or a normalization? How fast do we panic? How fast am I getting replaced by a paladin.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Deleted
    That's what we get for crying about "Prot feeling clunky after the rage nerf" when in fact it's just the Vengeance Talent that creates clunkiness.

Overall I hope this won't change much, so rather a fix to some peoples' clunky gameplay rather than an actual nerf.

ITT: Normal mode raiders thinking it will affect their raid spot. Your raid spot is still there if you are a good player.

It literally doesn't matter what tank class you play if you are good with it. Every tank class is good, some just require more min-maxing(in both play and gear) to get good performance(DH/Monk), while other tanks are total faceroll to play for easy mitigation(Warrior/Druid).

Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    That's what we get for crying about "Prot feeling clunky after the rage nerf" when in fact it's just the Vengeance Talent that creates clunkiness.

Overall I hope this won't change much, so rather a fix to some peoples' clunky gameplay rather than an actual nerf.
    With any luck they won't fix the vengeance bug? That would at least be a small way to even out the quite significant IP nerf.

I have been cruising the Battle.net forums and people are saying they nerfed both the max cap and the absorb-per-point. Hotfixes didn't state this. Can anyone confirm? Maybe a blue post? Feeling definitely extra clunky after the patch

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBoard View Post
    I have been cruising the Battle.net forums and people are saying they nerfed both the max cap and the absorb-per-point. Hotfixes didn't state this. Can anyone confirm? Maybe a blue post? Feeling definitely extra clunky after the patch
    I'm bout 90% certain it was a hit to the cap as well as per cast just from where I'm hanging at in my raid right now. Seems like my cap was around 2.8 million. Again, only 90% certain.
    Last edited by Zortorai90; 2016-10-05 at 12:07 AM.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBoard View Post
    I have been cruising the Battle.net forums and people are saying they nerfed both the max cap and the absorb-per-point. Hotfixes didn't state this.
    Makes sense, otherwise low rage IP's would be more efficient than 60 rage ones. The Hotfixes are probably just worded wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by warbean View Post
    With any luck they won't fix the vengeance bug? That would at least be a small way to even out the quite significant IP nerf.
    The only bug I knew of was IP costing only 33 with vengeance: ignore pain, which was fixed during the patch. Was there another bug I'm unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    I'm bout 90% certain it was a hit to the cap as well as per cast just from where I'm hanging at in my raid right now. Seems like my cap was around 2.8 million. Again, only 90% certain.
    The minimum and maximum per cast absorb values were reduced, as was the total cap you can hit. I don't know how this effects ignore pain when used with dragon scales.

This nerf has fucked us over bad, outside of IP now we get fucked over so badly. All these fuckin noobs shouting out IP OP bcoz they watch a healing meter. Not just that, is anyone else noticing that SS is not consistently generating 20 rage??? Wtf is up with that shit.
    Last edited by maverick1625; 2016-10-05 at 01:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick1625 View Post
    Not just that, is anyone else noticing that SS is not consistently generating 20 rage??? Wtf is up with that shit.
    Happened around twice today. Thought i was crazy.

Deleted
    They also fixed the Vengeance bug so this is essentially a 43% nerf to Ignore Pain.

The way they worded it I honestly thought todays hotfix would be a slight buff... Lmao I should've fucking known better.

Not sure if i'm failing math, but went from 1.2m (rounding down) shield to 735k, isn't that more than a 33% nerf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Not sure if i'm failing math, but went from 1.2m (rounding down) shield to 735k, isn't that more than a 33% nerf?
    Yep, 33% is 804k at 12k each 1%. 61.25% Total IP or 38.75% nerf.