Proper DH opener with Anguish Trait

Ive searched everywhere and read multiple threads. No one agrees on a rotation. Ive been doing FR>TG>FotI>VR>FR>TG>Eye Beam>Build Fury>CDs>Meta.

Now I see how its better to use FotI with Chaos Blades and to double TG at pull.

Thoughts?

Depends if you take Fel Barrage or Chaos Blades as your last talent.

Most people in the high parses don't use Eye Beam at all in the opener and instead save it for the adds. If no adds are coming they might not use it at all in the fight, and I can understand why (the damage even if its a marginal increase, depending on timing can consume more than 1 GCD, and thus put you out of the 3 skills per Momentum window).

Anyway, my opener is as follows:

With Fel Barrage and no pre-potion:

Fel Rush -> Fel Barrage -> FotI -> Throw Glaive ---> Generate Fury -> Meta -> Normal rotation

With Chaos Blades (and pre-pot):

Potion + Meta at -1 second of pull -> Chaos Blades -> Fel Rush -> Fury of the Illidari -> Throw Glaive -> Throw Glaive -> Generate Fury -> Normal rotation

With Fel Barrage and pre-potion is essentially the same, except there's no Chaos Blades.

Max priority using potion is to have both the potion and Meta at the same time. The opener with no pre-pot with Chaos Blades doesn't change, as there's no point not delaying Chaos Blades when using FotI, since it buffs its damage.

Also, please consider that is worth not using FBarrage and FotI in the opener IF there're adds coming in less than 60 seconds, in which case is probably better generating some Fury before using Meta.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-10-04 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Depends if you take Fel Barrage or Chaos Blades as your last talent.

Most people in the high parses don't use Eye Beam at all in the opener and instead save it for the adds. If no adds are coming they might not use it at all in the fight, and I can understand why (the damage even if its a marginal increase, depending on timing can consume more than 1 GCD, and thus put you out of the 3 skills per Momentum window).

Anyway, my opener is as follows:

With Fel Barrage and no pre-potion:

Fel Rush -> Fel Barrage -> FotI -> Throw Glaive ---> Generate Fury -> Meta -> Normal rotation

With Chaos Blades (and pre-pot):

Potion + Meta at -1 second of pull -> Chaos Blades -> Fel Rush -> Fury of the Illidari -> Throw Glaive -> Throw Glaive -> Generate Fury -> Normal rotation

With Fel Barrage and pre-potion is essentially the same, except there's no Chaos Blades.

Max priority using potion is to have both the potion and Meta at the same time. The opener with no pre-pot with Chaos Blades doesn't change, as there's no point not delaying Chaos Blades when using FotI, since it buffs its damage.

Also, please consider that is worth not using FBarrage and FotI in the opener IF there're adds coming in less than 60 seconds, in which case is probably better generating some Fury before using Meta.
    With a lust on the pull I dont see why not use eye beam. With the haste from BL and Meta its a stupidly short channel. I guess its not worth the loss of damage from annihilation?

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    With a lust on the pull I dont see why not use eye beam. With the haste from BL and Meta its a stupidly short channel. I guess its not worth the loss of damage from annihilation?
    Yep, that's it. Anni has priority over everything but TG sitting at 2 charges. (Single Target)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Yep, that's it. Anni has priority over everything but TG sitting at 2 charges. (Single Target)
    So i tried that and noticed a substantial dps loss. I usually had over 500k burst in the start and now its lucky to beat 400k.

So i tried that and noticed a substantial dps loss. I usually had over 500k burst in the start and now its lucky to beat 400k.
    These are my logs for Nythendra HC, in which I followed the Chaos Blades Opener.

I bursted over 600k DPS.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7

You might be doing wrong. Annihilation is the skill that provides the most DPS per Fury, no doubt. (Single Target)

Ive searched everywhere and read multiple threads. No one agrees on a rotation. Ive been doing FR>TG>FotI>VR>FR>TG>Eye Beam>Build Fury>CDs>Meta.

Now I see how its better to use FotI with Chaos Blades and to double TG at pull.

Thoughts?
    You're wasting momentum if you VR > FR. You'd be better off using VR > Eye beam > FR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvar View Post
    You're wasting momentum if you VR > FR. You'd be better off using VR > Eye beam > FR
    No you are not, not if you VR glaive EB then FR in with demonic, its in that rotation. you only use and time with the EB.

thats also why you use the last charge of TG and time the VR for the EB then charge in to gain the fury to dump 3-4 annihilations(depending on haste) when you go into meta for 5 sec with demonic.

it also makes the rotation with momentum more complex and takes time to get used to when i myself used CB before and switched i thought the talent was terrible but that was mostly becuse perfecting the rotation took time, after that it was a gain.

Ive been doing FR>TG>FotI>VR>FR>TG>Eye Beam>Build Fury>CDs>Meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    No you are not, not if you VR glaive EB then FR in with demonic, its in that rotation.
    i am a bit more awake now. fuzz you are kinda suggesting what the person you admonished was suggesting. tvar was saying that vr > fr is a waste. and it is. they suggested doing stuff inbetween.

also.. can you show me some logs where people are actually using demonic over broccoli / cblades?

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    i am a bit more awake now. fuzz you are kinda suggesting what the person you admonished was suggesting. tvar was saying that vr > fr is a waste. and it is. they suggested doing stuff inbetween.
    Thanks boar.

My response was in regards to OP's opener of FR>TG>FotI>VR>FR>TG>Eye Beam>Build Fury>CDs>Meta. VR>FR is a waste of momentum. Doing anything inbetween would be better.

Abilities:
    -1sec: Pot(old war) + Meta jump
    Chaos Blades(if talented) -> Fel Rush -> Throw Glaive -> Fel Barrage(if talented) -> Fury of the Illidari -> Throw Glaive -> resume normal priority

Only the first Momentum "activator" is listed and bolded in the list above (and below), but you pretty much will want to keep chaining momentum regardless of anything until Blur is on cooldown at that point you beging to pool for momentum activations.

Fel Rush -> Vengeful Retreat -> Fel Rush -> Fel Rush -> Blur -> Fel Rush