Poll: Do you think Warlocks will ever have a Necromancy Spec?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you think Warlocks will ever have a Necormancy Spec?

I'm just sort of curious based on lore and player's thoughts if you guys think it'd be possible that Warlocks could eventually have a fourth spec to be a classic styled Necromancer, having a small horde of undead, and specialized undead to call forth as they need, as well as having powerful shadow/frost type spells.

Btw I know the debate is already that if you want such a thing to be an Unholy Death Knight, but I'd prefer to be a caster styled Necromancer instead, Unholy Death Knight doesn't really fill the niche I have in mind =/

Warlocks are not necromancers. They have no connection to the undead (unless Forsaken). So no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Scourge and Lich King were the works of Kil'Jaeden, a Fel entity. I still feel like they should make Unholy DKs more like plated, staff-wielding spellcasters and delve deeper into necromancy. Currently all 3 DK specs revolve around WC III era DKs, would like to see at least one spec more in line with WC II / Gul'dan's DKs:
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Well, the Scourge and Lich King were the works of Kil'Jaeden, a Fel entity. I still feel like they should make Unholy DKs more like plated, staff-wielding spellcasters and delve deeper into necromancy. Currently all 3 DK specs revolve around WC III era DKs, would like to see at least one spec more in line with WC II / Gul'dan's DKs:
    Gul'dan's DKs were caster orc's in human paladin's bodies that is why they were more caster based. The DK's in WoW ARE the DK's in WCIII, hence why they resemble them. That being said I would much rather see a necromancer class based on the Val'kyr(i.e. you play as a Val'kry bonus they add the Vykrul race as a playable race because........come on it is time) because it fits the current world(as the Val'kyr have both a light and dark "faction" so both sides could get them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think so and I'd like to avoid that to be honest, we already have a class with a strong Necromancy theme and while Warlocks are the kind of arcanists who would not shy of using just about any underhanded dark magic they can control and there were examples of notable warlocks using outright necromancy (plus the whole souls theme really, which is related), but ultimately - I think this would end up being another case where class deviates off the path too much which will end in stuff being ripped out of it once Necromancers will eventually be introduced.

Obviously not, that's why we have Death Knights. This is like asking if Witch Doctors will be playable... no, because there are Shaman. Too much overlap.

More like... orcish necrolyte?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Obviously not, that's why we have Death Knights. This is like asking if Witch Doctors will be playable... no, because there are Shaman. Too much overlap.
    Flawed logic. Necromancer/Deathknight relationship is akin to that we have on Priest/Paladin, yet no one says one of them is obsolete.
    Last edited by Halwyn; 2016-10-04 at 10:37 PM.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Warlocks are tied with demons and not with the undead. I think that will be a different class. If you want it to be a caster, I think only those undead harvesters are the closest we have?

1; They are Warlocks, not Necromancers. There's a big difference between summoning and controlling Demons and resurrecting the dead. Might as well give Warriors a Necromancy spec, makes as much sense.

2; We already have the exactly same spec that you mention in the game, on Death Knights. Making another spec that is exactly the same design-wise just means they would either be identical or severely watered down.

3; Blizzard hate specs and are already trying to limit them as much as possible - just look at the Demon Hunters. There's no chance in hell they will give an existing class a 4th spec, especially not a triple DPS class that already has problem making each spec unique and interesting.

So no, the chance for them doing it is literally zero. And they shouldn't, because it would be pointless and only create upset people and balance/watering down issues.

No. Unholy DK exists.

Quote Originally Posted by frebu View Post
    Gul'dan's DKs were caster orc's in human paladin's bodies that is why they were more caster based. The DK's in WoW ARE the DK's in WCIII, hence why they resemble them. That being said I would much rather see a necromancer class based on the Val'kyr(i.e. you play as a Val'kry bonus they add the Vykrul race as a playable race because........come on it is time) because it fits the current world(as the Val'kyr have both a light and dark "faction" so both sides could get them)
    The WoW DK's aren't the same as the DK's in WC3. DK's in WoW are sort of an amalgamation of Runemasters, previous DKs, and Necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Warlocks are not necromancers.
    Oh yes they are. Just because you're unable to understand simply understood facts does not mean you should go to MMOChampion and lie to people. Demons are from the Nether, an astral coalition of unstable spiritual energies that is separate from the physical universe. The Nether has no physical boundaries and claiming that physical things can exist in a non-physical place is like claiming a rock can exist inside a ghost. Demons would be disembodied spirits that warlocks can give physical shells to if they're from the Nether and necromancy would extend to controlling disembodied spirits, ergo warlocks would be necromancers if they summon and control demons.

Demons are not alive if they're from the Nether. They're not alive if they contain the demonic fel magic, a deSTRUCTive form of magic that would destroy STRUCTures, breaking them down into the parts that they're conSTRUCTed of. Demons are not alive if they're conSTRUCTs. Demons are not alive if their souls are tethered to the Nether as if they're liches, who have their souls bound to phylacteries in order to generate physical forms. And demons are not alive if they're immortal because immortals cannot die. Death, according to the new Lich King, is for the living and if demons can die, they can become dead. And if demons can become dead, they can become undead.

Demons are undead. They can't "become" undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    1; They are Warlocks, not Necromancers. There's a big difference between summoning and controlling Demons and resurrecting the dead. Might as well give Warriors a Necromancy spec, makes as much sense.
    Look, you can lie as many times as you're possibly able to, you still can't change the fact that demons are not alive by any sense of the term and that warlocks are necromancers. From leeching life energy, to converting life force (Spirit) into another form of existence, to constructing apparitions with the spiritual shadow energies, to invoking a disembodied body part of a deceased fel-corrupted orc (Eye of Kilrogg), to sacrificing blood or a portion of life force to conjure demonic fire (a fire that would have a spirit according to the shamanic belief), warlocks are clearly manipulators of life and death (necromancers). Now, being THE person that you are, you would claim or imply that warlocks are utterly incapable of using the life energy they combine with fel energy or the souls they harvest to raise the dead, but that's okay. Lore-wise, there isn't anything that's preventing warlocks from using the souls they harvest to raise the dead other than the words of liars and canon has proven that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Warlocks are not necromancers. They have no connection to the undead (unless Forsaken). So no.
    The crossover seems fairly prominent.
    Gul'dan, Drak'thul and now Satiel were all Necrolytes as well as warlocks and we've had a fair few necromantic spells, Death Coil, Dark Ritual and chunks of afflictions toolkit.

I think it'd fit just fine with the lore, but I don't ever see it happening for plenty of reasons that are probably pretty obvious.

I think it would make sense if you took the affliction spec away from warlocks, made affliction the necromancer dps spec and then maybe a necromancer healing spec. The themes of the affliction warlock spec makes more sense as a necromancer spec.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    A Necromancer is represented through Affliction Warlocks, Shadow Priests and Unholy Death Knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    What the actual fuck? That guy needs help honestly...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Necromancer would be better as a 4th spec for priests, fits better and would give them a choice in DPS specs.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great. Having won the 'Kill Metamorphosis-Demonology' battle, you want to trash Affliction now and replace it with another summoner spec?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I'm just sort of curious based on lore and player's thoughts if you guys think it'd be possible that Warlocks could eventually have a fourth spec to be a classic styled Necromancer, having a small horde of undead, and specialized undead to call forth as they need, as well as having powerful shadow/frost type spells.

Btw I know the debate is already that if you want such a thing to be an Unholy Death Knight, but I'd prefer to be a caster styled Necromancer instead, Unholy Death Knight doesn't really fill the niche I have in mind =/
    so you mean a spec that would feel basicly like a unholy dk or demo lock... yeah... and what would be the other 1 or 2 specs? also we dont need more pure dps specs
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because we're not Necromancers.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.