Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll never work with an Alliance dog as long as I live!

we should be able to group/for guilds cross faction, my orcs sincerely admire those dwarfs bearded lads i would like playing with them (the one who got a boner for Prustaga is good lad).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Oh god yes! I need this.

The faction war has grown so damn stale and forced that from a lore perspective it's boring as fuck. 'merging' the factions would allow for so many cool story opportunities.

and gameplay wise it would also make sense to me, they are doing everything to increase the opportunities to play with other people (sharding, x-realm grouping, etc.) but playing with half (or 75% in my case) the players on my own damn server is still impossible.

But I don't see it happening anytime soon tbh.

I do recall an idea from ages ago, where you would drop your ability to pvp completely (was pre arena era) and become a 'diplomat'. Basicly allowing (limited) interaction with the opposing faction. Things like getting their mounts, access their AH, and some other cosmetic/interact things for the diplomat specifically (limited access pass to other faction areas, be able to talk to them (for a short time)). Maybe we should blow some new life into that idea with all the cross-faction stuff already going on with NPC's and such. (and I've wanted a damn mechastrider for my troll since vanilla! )

Deleted
    No.

You could also level one character of each faction and play the character based on who you want to play with at the given time.
    I did that. Now my hunter is only 830ish by now; but if i ever want to play with horde friends he should be reasonable to play.

Wrath -> "We need to unite as Ally and Horde to take down the major thread, in form of Yog'Sarron/Arthas.. Oshit, something happened, that should be solved by diplomats - ally/horde war, we hate eachother"
    Cata -> "Ok, guys, world literally blew aparart - now we really should band together to defeat Ragnaros and then Deathwing.. Molten front, druids, come join us.."
    MoP -> "Guys.. Seriously.. Now that Garrosh is in place we REALLY NEED TO BAND TOGETHER AND TAKE HIM DOWN! Like.. now.. Serioulsy you saw how bad it gets when we fight against eachother"
    WoD -> "Jesus Christ.. What is wrong with you guys? An army from other time/space is coming, we NEED. TO. WORK. TOGETHER. TO. DEFEAT. IRON. HORDE.."
    Legion -> "We're finally fighting together against common foe.. owait, some minor misunderstanding that should have been fixed by.. I don't know.. a spotter yelling "we need to fall back, we're being overrrun!".. Or basic diplomat.. But well, 7.1 is coming, and we're gonna work together with Kirin Tor againist Gul'Dan again.."

I could go on, or expand on those points.. But the thing is - the entire point of Warcraft, since W3 was about how "we need to band together against a major, comon foe".. The Ally/Horde division, at this point, is just so forced, storywise, that it hurts.. Just fighiting Horde/Alliance is far less interesting than taking down old gods, titan creations, literally saving planet etc..

It won't change, I think, at least till we still play WoW. But I'm sure at least some people at Blizz realized, how badly that concept hurts stories they tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Someone mentioned one time about a Traitor Quest at lvl 20. A member of the other faction shows up and offers you a chance to turn your back on your faction. You can either kill them and loot the body, or take them up on their offer and complete a small questline. At the end, you are now the same Race/Class but belong to the other faction. This keeps the warring factions intact, but allows that Tauren to defect to the Alliance, or the Gnome a chance to move to the Horde.
    I'm not too fussed about the faction system as it is, but this actually seems like a cool idea.

However, it won't happen. Faction change would be useless and this would bring Blizz less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    I'm not too fussed about the faction system as it is, but this actually seems like a cool idea.

However, it won't happen. Faction change would be useless and this would bring Blizz less money.
    Idk man, a lot of people would pay a lot of money to play Blood Elves on Alliance.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Idk man, a lot of people would pay a lot of money to play Blood Elves on Alliance.
    Probably, but unless they made this quest cost money, then it won't be happening.

They will say "if you want to play Horde/Alliance, do a faction change"

It does not make good business sense to give people what is essentially a free faction change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    faction change is entirely different than completely eliminating the factions -.

make faction change free. give out 1-5 free faction changes. idc. just don't break everything that the game build upon or i may as well go play pokemon like everyone else. the events that we have in world of peacecraft is already reaching critical levels. after being forced to play with undeads on my nelf priest i dread playing other classes which surely have similar immersion breaking chaotic features of nonsense.

you know this spell that i have undead, this shiny spell i want one thing from the game and that is to bask you in it! unfortunately it heal you instead of hurting you.
    How is the H vs A conflict the thing the game was built upon? ever since vanilla we have always been fighting 'a bigger evil' threatening to take over/destroy the world. And the conflict had to take a back seat, essentially only remaining to allow pvp. Pretty much every expansion has had important NPC's yelling at us that we should not fight each other. but unite to fend of the greater treat.

Org. is full of elves already and your warchief 'is' one.
    I 'too' like to use quotation marks incorrectly.

She's the leader of the forsaken, not just an elf. It's pretty lore breaking to have the forsaken just be cool and chilling with the gilneans and in stormwind after everything they've done.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Honestly, I'd prefer something along the lines of:

- Keep factions for open world
    - allow:
    - Cross faction communication
    - Cross faction guilds
    - Cross faction groups/raids for instanced content

Deleted
    NPC's that you find important. NPC's that should be hanged as their likely horde agents.

Alliance have no greater threat than the Horde, and therefor Alliance is Horde's greatest threat.

The other trivial threats.. not worth mentioning. Or do you really want to go deeper into the "threats" that "all" stem from the horde? Besides Arthas which have a unique one sided story fully Alliance based where horde join in for what, for honor? Not to save Azeroth and Forsaken playing their own game. Horde do not care for Azeroth, their minds don't comprehend such care. Care is a alien word to them. I can go on, but why. I could as well sit deep in Gnomeregan and talk to myself because we know where it's going. Still, you keep asking. And you be sure, we will be complaining. This thread and subject been blowed off a million times. It's hard to find acceptable words to put here to describe what a backwards and destructive suggestion it is.

I understand that many people only have two hours a week to play and can't afford to make a new character to play on opposing faction. Should have taken advantage of pre expansion event then. Or similar boosts, like instant lvl 100. Do not dear ask everyone else to adapt to you when it is you who should adapt!

willtron i'm not into worgen lore. You can have them and you can play with the humans they deserve it for handing you Azeroth on a silver platter. Though when they AGAIN come begging nelves for help you would do wise to withdraw to that smelly hole on Kalimdor from whence you came.
    I'm not looking at this from a Horde or Alliance perspective, I'm looking for what would make a good story. To me the faction war is milked to death and is neither fun nor good. Even if they ramped it up and went full on war (which they tried halfassed in cata and didn't really pan out I think) it would not interest me much.
    I do think that slowly working to situation where they do not keep inventing reasons to drag out the conflict further, but instead try to work towards the factions starting to work together for real could work. This would create new and interesting story opportunities. And I see exactly those things happening in the class halls, characters working together regardless of race or faction. And they are good stories.

Not that I expect such a thing to happen, but it's fun to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Bowser will always kidnap the princess
    Uh, it's Mario that keeps breaking and entering. Raping and murdering. Mario is a fucking sociopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Blizzard needs to do the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. They need to bring back the faction wars and put the real "war" back into Warcraft. All of this "omg, such a big baddy! We need to put our differences aside and hold hands!" crap needs to go.
    You damn right. Best part of legion? Getting to kill Anduin. Second best thing? Alliance can't even "kill" Saurfang, the achievement says he is bored and fakes death so the alliance kids can get an achievement lol

Always fun wiping them on world bosses with an innocent little taunt.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Org. is full of elves already and your warchief 'is' one.
    Are they night elves? No? Then my point still stands. Keep the factions seperate. The last thing WoW needs is homogenization
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Mario doesn't start breaking into anywhere until after Bowser kidnaps Peach. And then the only places he breaks into are the bases the Bowser criminal organization uses. He's a superhero, not a sociopath.
    Well, Peach is also a bitch that loves drama and Bowsers D. She goes back to her abusive boifren, and possessive Mario can't handle it, so he starts some shit. Every damn time. Them the bitches ya just gotta let go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Are they night elves? No? Then my point still stands. Keep the factions seperate. The last thing WoW needs is homogenization
    Yeah! Wow needs less homos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be ok with something like this.

Frankly there needs to a threat so large to everyone that in fighting is completely pointless. The Legion would have done that but there was that whole mix up with Sylvanas.....

On a side note I wish I could be a human Druid. No gear looks good on Worgens sadly. I could go Night Elf I suppose..
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If not for the ransom notes your little theory might have some basis...
    Drame gets peach juicy. She like knowin' a nigga gun fight for her. No matter who wins, she be aight.

It would be cool if you were able to pick a faction no matter the race. For example a Human Warrior from Orgrimmar, the lore would be that is a man that got tired of alliance politics and wanted to switch sides. Like merc mode on BGs, but supported with lore. That seems plausible since defection is something valid.