Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatos View Post
    I was wondering if you're on US server? and If so do you have like, at max 15-20 minutes to help me out? I'm going over parses and logs and practicing my rotation for MM and I definitely don't think i'm performing as well as I should. (this could be because I hate the spec but I hope that's besides the point) Anyways if you're ever free would love to hear back from you have a good day
    Sure. Add me at Effinhunter#1904.

Deleted
    Effinhunter

Again since I'm new I can't private message you, would you mind throwing me one to open up the conversation?

-Update-

I got the message but still need to do 10 posts before I can message anyone even if you started the conversation it seems, anywhere else I can reach you? (I'm on the EU so I can't add your battle tag I suppose)

- - - Updated - - -

I found of that the Animal Instinct talent for Survival got the wrong tooltip ingame. Instead of 10% haste buff and 10% Mastery buff, it gives a buff of around 11.5% Haste and 20% Mastery. That increases the value of it a bit atleast. Would be nice if it could be updated in Simcraft too!
    Last edited by mmoc1e47fe3f28; 2016-09-30 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superloire View Post

I found of that the Animal Instinct talent for Survival got the wrong tooltip ingame. Instead of 10% haste buff and 10% Mastery buff, it gives a buff of around 11.5% Haste and 20% Mastery. That increases the value of it a bit atleast. Would be nice if it could be updated in Simcraft too!
    Seems to boost our mastery's proc chance by about 5% which is pretty nice, I noticed more Mongoose Bites when testing it out.

Also, Oakheart's Gnarled Roots can proc off all of SV's melee spells. I'm assuming it's because all of SV's move have a 5 yard range in addition to melee range. It probably applies to all ranged trinkets as well.
    Last edited by Zamochy; 2016-10-01 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superloire View Post
    Effinhunter

Again since I'm new I can't private message you, would you mind throwing me one to open up the conversation?

-Update-

I got the message but still need to do 10 posts before I can message anyone even if you started the conversation it seems, anywhere else I can reach you? (I'm on the EU so I can't add your battle tag I suppose)

- - - Updated - - -

You could try creating an account on my guild forums and contacting me there. http://www.highfiveguild.com

P.S. Rerunning most of the sims with latest Simcraft since we've updated a bunch of the trinkets and what not. I'm also thinking about changing the way that I do trinket breakdowns, but it may take a while for me to get the time that I need to program what I want.

I'm donaldtrump#1262

I've updated the following

MM trinkets: 1, 3, 6 targets
    BM trinkets: 1, 3
    SV trinkets: 1, 3

I'll upload latest spec compare, mythic+, and the rest of the trinket sims tomorrow.

Hello. I made some improvements for mm apl

Code:
    actions=auto_shot
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns
    actions+=/a_murder_of_crows
    actions+=/barrage,if=target.health.pct>21|target.health.pct<20
    actions+=/piercing_shot,if=!talent.patient_sniper.enabled&focus>50
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=trueshotaoe,if=active_enemies>1&!talent.sidewinders.enabled&buff.trueshot.up
    actions+=/windburst,if=active_enemies<3
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=targetdie,if=target.time_to_die<=6&active_enemies=1
    #prioritize building vuln stacks if we don't have sniper
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=!talent.patient_sniper.enabled&active_enemies=1&debuff.vulnerability.react<3&buff.marking_targets.react&debuff.hunters_mark.down
    actions+=/marked_shot,if=!talent.patient_sniper.enabled&debuff.vulnerability.react<3
    #prioritize sentinel usage if we have sentinel (not tested for single target optimization)
    #WARNING: prev_off_gcd potentially broken, may be firing inappropriately
    actions+=/marked_shot,if=prev_off_gcd.sentinel
    actions+=/sentinel,if=debuff.hunters_mark.down&buff.marking_targets.down
    actions+=/explosive_shot
    #prioritize AoE marked and sidewinders usage
    actions+=/marked_shot,if=active_enemies>=4&cooldown.sidewinders.charges_fractional>=0.8&talent.sidewinders.enabled
    actions+=/sidewinders,if=active_enemies>1&debuff.hunters_mark.down&(buff.marking_targets.react|buff.trueshot.react|charges=2)
    #prioritize talent buff selections better if they're enabled to ensure refreshes
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=talent.steady_focus.enabled&active_enemies=1&(buff.steady_focus.down|buff.steady_focus.remains<2)
    actions+=/multishot,if=talent.steady_focus.enabled&active_enemies>1&(buff.steady_focus.down|buff.steady_focus.remains<2)
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=talent.true_aim.enabled&active_enemies=1&(debuff.true_aim.react<1|debuff.true_aim.remains<2)
    actions+=/aimed_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.up&debuff.vulnerability.remains>gcd.max
    actions+=/piercing_shot,if=talent.patient_sniper.enabled&focus>80
    #prioritize marked better when not restricted by sidewinders to activate it
    actions+=/marked_shot,if=!talent.sidewinders.enabled&(debuff.vulnerability.remains<2|buff.marking_targets.react)
    #control sidewinders downtime better to avoid vulnerability shuffling by pooling for aimed
    actions+=/pool_resource,for_next=1,if=talent.sidewinders.enabled&(focus<60&cooldown.sidewinders.charges_fractional<=1.2)
    actions+=/aimed_shot,if=cast_time<debuff.vulnerability.remains&(focus+cast_regen>80|debuff.hunters_mark.down)
    actions+=/marked_shot
    actions+=/black_arrow,cycle_targets=1,if=!ticking
    #sidewinders if we cannot marked shot and trueshot is up, marking targets is available to reactive marked, charges are full or almost full and we're low on focus
    actions+=/sidewinders,if=debuff.hunters_mark.down&(buff.marking_targets.remains>6|buff.trueshot.react|charges=2)
    actions+=/sidewinders,if=focus<30&charges<=1&recharge_time<=5
    #non-sidewinders version of the above with the addition of filling down time with arcane (not yet optimized)
    actions+=/multishot,if=spell_targets.barrage>1&(debuff.hunters_mark.down&buff.marking_targets.react|focus.time_to_max>=2)
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=spell_targets.barrage=1&(debuff.hunters_mark.down&buff.marking_targets.react|focus.time_to_max>=2)
    actions+=/arcane_shot

actions.cooldowns=/potion,name=deadly_grace,if=(buff.trueshot.react&buff.bloodlust.react)|buff.bullseye.react>=23
    actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket1
    actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket2
    #actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket2,if=cooldown.trueshot.remains<15|target.time_to_die<=30
    actions.cooldowns+=/trueshot,if=(buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct>20+(cooldown.trueshot.remains+15))|buff.bullseye.react>25

actions.trueshotaoe=/marked_shot
    actions.trueshotaoe+=/aimed_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.up&debuff.vulnerability.remains>gcd.max&active_enemies<3
    actions.trueshotaoe+=/multishot

actions.targetdie=/marked_shot
    actions.targetdie+=/aimed_shot,if=cast_time<debuff.vulnerability.remains
    actions.targetdie+=/sidewinders
    actions.targetdie+=/aimed_shot
    actions.targetdie+=/arcane_shot

Deleted
    Since 840 ilevel isn't really current anymore, is there any chance to get rather high end sims with like 870 or 880 gear to see the scaling of trinkets? Kinda wondering if proc trinkets will go down in value. Appreciate all the work you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Since 840 ilevel isn't really current anymore, is there any chance to get rather high end sims with like 870 or 880 gear to see the scaling of trinkets? Kinda wondering if proc trinkets will go down in value. Appreciate all the work you do.
    Yes, it's coming to the time we do this. I had been discussing this also with the Simcraft team, and from the discussions I had participated in IRC, it seemed like we will also have some updated T19H and T19M sims coming to the Simcraft profiles that will try to use combinations of Mythic+ and heroic or mythic raid gear levels. I know this doesn't sound like much of a big deal, but it was kind of cool to hear that the T19H and T19M profiles will be focusing on ilvl and not sole sourcing equipment from the raids themselves. Most of our BiS is from Mythic+, and this is true of basically all classes. These profiles will also be using much more traits, which will be less horrible in the full class/spec comparison listing that they like to post on their front page. I think these new comparisons could be a huge improvement over the poor comparisons being made with the current T19P profiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agiliter View Post
    Hello. I made some improvements for mm apl

Looking forward to trying these out. Would you mind copy and pasting these into Pastebin from your source file? The code tag can cause some problems when copying and pasting due to how the forums try to force wrapped text. I need to get some sleep, but I will try to look into this soon. Thanks for posting!

You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

pastebin.com/hnm7M69c

All the trinket sims should be updated. Also, spec compares and mythic+ dungeon sims should be latest.

pastebin.com/hnm7M69c
    So, the only thing really changing here for the stock MM build is just making the last 6 seconds reflect the DPE breakdown right?

I'm basically seeing a 300 dps increase at 100k iterations, 450s +/- 20%. I still need to check some more changes before I post apl updates, but this APL checks out. I have a feeling we could probably push out another 300-600 dps with the stock build.

I am upping the gear profile to 860/890 in current tests and will be updating sims throughout the week with that kind of gear baseline.

More improvements for MM APL
    pastebin.com/hnm7M69c

More improvements for MM APL
    pastebin.com/hnm7M69c
    Ran this against one I had going and the default profile. These all use the T19H profile at 360s +-20% 10k.

I doubt any significant gains are gonna be seen on the PS/SW build single target build since it's been the focus for most people from the start, but a bit can still be squeezed out in some places.

I made a post before about it, but so far the multitarget has been missing something. I'm not sure exactly what I did to get what I'm getting since I worked mine up from scratch mostly and haven't really compared mine in depth to the default or this new one. The trend I'm seeing though is that in multitarget situations, much more single target prio damage is lost despite inferior aoe numbers. On this 2 target sim though mine is slightly lower since the others have conditions that kick in a 4 targets for their aoe prioritization, while mine starts at 2, resulting in higher total damage but slightly less single target. I personally think that's the ideal outcome.

4 target though is where all apls are on their multitarget prioritization if they have them, yet the trend remains.

Still working my apl when I get the time and also waiting on a fix for the broken steady focus to test SF builds, but it will be here.
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ja...ter/mm_apl.txt

I did try a few other builds and yours pulled ahead on some 1 target builds while still following the mentioned trend in multitarget. I haven't focused too much on those but I will try to see if I can implement things better based on the new one and hopefully mine is helpful in some way too.
    Last edited by Jayeazy; 2016-10-04 at 08:27 PM.

Hey guys, I looted today a Spontaneous Appendages 865. Is it any good for a MM/BM hunter? What's the range on tentacles? Cheers. I got an hour to trade it to a guildie, so answer quick! :]

Edit: I also got an 870 relic (currently 865) that gives me +1 ilvl with a bursting shot affix (ew). I currently have marked shot crit %. Is it worth putting it into my Marks spec when I could put it in my BM spec for +6 ilvls?

Edit2: Tried the trinket on xavius and saw 0 procs. Is it bugged or is the range small and I'm ranged so basically - no damage?
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2016-10-05 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJazz View Post
    Ran this against one I had going and the default profile. These all use the T19H profile at 360s +-20% 10k.

I did try a few other builds and yours pulled ahead on some 1 target builds while still following the mentioned trend in multitarget. I haven't focused too much on those but I will try to see if I can implement things better based on the new one and hopefully mine is helpful in some way too.
    I really like how much cleaner this one looks. Nice job on the tweaks, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Unless you play SV the trinket will never proc, because it reads "Equip: Your melee attacks have a chance [...]".
    You never use any melee attacks at all (no, your pet does not count :b ), so it won't proc.
    Bloodthirsty Instinct also says melee yet it's our BiS. Funny, huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Bloodthirsty Instinct also says melee yet it's our BiS. Funny, huh?
    But there is no blue post for any other trinkets then Bloodthirsty that it indeed is intended to work for MM/BM hunters. Appendages is also not in the dungeon journal loot for both specs. So it really is not suprising that it doesn't work.

But it is in the loot journal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    But it is in the loot journal
    You sure you didn't choose overall hunter loot? Since last time I checked it was in neither BM nor MM dungeon journal loot.

Another point: Is it intended, that the new simc simulations for hunters (current 865ilvl one) are done with Twisting Winds and a 840 Fulmination Charge? Since that is kind of dumb tbh.