Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    no thanks. go the opposite and start putting more emphasis back into the faction divide. reserve certain classes to just one faction again. stop trying to homogenize everything. its bad.

choosing a faction should be a difficult and meaningful choice, not some arbitrary button click when creating a new character.
    i would agree if faction was a choice, but its not, youre forced into a faction based on how you want your character to look.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Someone mentioned one time about a Traitor Quest at lvl 20. A member of the other faction shows up and offers you a chance to turn your back on your faction. You can either kill them and loot the body, or take them up on their offer and complete a small questline. At the end, you are now the same Race/Class but belong to the other faction. This keeps the warring factions intact, but allows that Tauren to defect to the Alliance, or the Gnome a chance to move to the Horde.
    They had this in EQ2 and I thought it was an awesome idea. It was a lot more difficult that just an NPC showing up. You actually had to sneak into the opposing factions capitol and meet your "contact" that would go to the Overlord or King and vouch for you. I would like to see this incorporated in WoW... the only issue I would see is the Alliance would NEVER accept an Orc and the Horde would NEVER accept a Human.. these two have been at it since the beginning of times.

Deleted
    We dont want pathetic alliance races on our side.

Deleted
    The conflict is so forced by now. We have too many races that realistically don't care about the conflict. Tauren are more friends with night elves than any other race for instance. Blood elves have zero reason to be in the horde in the first place. The forsaken are also out of place. Orcs and humans have no basis for conflict anymore, they don't even live on the same continent. What reason do troll, orcs and tauren have to give a shit about Sylvanas and her conflict with Gilneas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    i would agree if faction was a choice, but its not, youre forced into a faction based on how you want your character to look.
    I actually chose the Horde because I like how they value Strength and Honor more so than the Alliance which, imho, is more Justice and Virtue. Also, I don't like how pompous the Alliance is.

Deleted
    In an earlier thread (and I don't understand why we have to create new threads over and over) we concluded that things should stay how they are but players should be able to form groups regardless of Alliance or Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    In the world we got in WoW that usually doesn't make much sense. The races aren't that at odds with themselves.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-10-05 at 01:27 PM.

People wanting change for the sake of change because they're tired of something are just so damned annoying.

"I'm tired of this game and what it offers and how it functions, it NEEDS to change to suit me because I'm so dumb I can't search for something new that's aimed from the beginning to suit my kind of needs!!!!"

No. The faction limitations are fine just the way they are. Fuck seeing gnomes in Orgrimmar or Tauren in Stormwind.

Split up the factions, bring peace to azeroth (at least between the player nations... for now).

Now imagine you're in an adventuring party that formed in, say, Ratchet. Embarking on a quest that takes you through multiple zones/dungeons for a big reward. One of those legs brings you through stormwind. If you are an orc you get Old God like whispers played while you walk through the city "What is that beast doing here?" "Oh, by the Light! Get the children!".. Then another leg takes you through Orgrimmar as a Night Elf. Less whispered, more yelled. "Get out of my city, purple-skin!" "Weaklings don't belong in Orgrimmar!" probably with things being thrown or even some mobs turning red on you. Less World of PeaceCraft more World of Our-planet-just-got-fucked-by-the-legion-our-armies-are-broken-and-it-doesnt-make-sense-to-try-and-kill-each-other-right-nowCraft. The tension is still there.

With more factions you have more politics. Instead of every couple of years they come out with a giant expack with a new Sargeras (but he is SSJ3 now!) we can have more organic plots. Sylvanas is up to her old tricks, trying to expand into Stromgarde, and Danath(who has come to an uneasy truce with the orcs in Hammerfall, after the Apothecaries carried out one too many evil experiments and got kicked out) has requested assistance from the Dwarfs and Stormwind/Gilneas. Change the world slightly to represent the new conflict, have a dungeon/battleground/raid be focused on battles within that conflict and then after a long enough period to ensure everyone gets to participate, make changes to the world based on that conflict. If Humans/dwarves and other allies win, change it to fix up Thoradin's wall a little bit and staff it with guards. Move the lil forsaken camp to someplace in Hillsbrad. If they lose, expand on that forsaken camp, put plague throwers atop Thoradin's wall, hang forsaken banners.
    Last edited by Tyrion Moonblade; 2016-10-05 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People wanting change for the sake of change because they're tired of something are just so damned annoying.

"I'm tired of this game and what it offers and how it functions, it NEEDS to change to suit me because I'm so dumb I can't search for something new that's aimed from the beginning to suit my kind of needs!!!!"

No. The faction limitations are fine just the way they are. Fuck seeing gnomes in Orgrimmar or Tauren in Stormwind.
    Because wow would be so much fun if it was still the exact same thing as it was at launch.. (yes I exaggerate) Change is needed to keep the game fresh, this goes for all aspects. Lore, mechanics, etc. Status quo might be safe, but it's boring.

More choice is almost always a good thing in my book. People cried havoc when pally/shaman went x-faction (including me tbh), outrage was heard when extra class options where added in cata (omfg gnome warrior is ompossibruu!), neutral race would kill the game. Yet it all came and passed and the game is (mostly) the better for it. I do not always welcome change (took me till mists to accept belfs as part of the horde), and it's not always a good thing, but it is needed no matter how you look at it.
    If blizzard wants to kill their game they only need to stop changing things.
    Besides, not liking a certain development doesn't necessarily make it a bad decision.

"I don't like change so I want the same exact red vs blue story to be shoehorned into everything FOREVER! What? Who cares if we worked together for about 9 of the 12 years the game has been out to kill common enemies.. ORCS VS HUMANS! ORCS VS HUMANS! ORCS VS HUMANS! RAARGH"

That's what you sound like, especially trying to malign others who want to see the game evolve a bit.

I've been on a few private servers that had this. Its actually pretty interesting. You can still pvp out in the world, but you can also invite them to a party and then communicate through only party chat.
    And once you enter and instance, everyone is the same faction. Its probably possible in the base game without much need for tweaking honestly. I imagine the ONLY thing they did was change it so you can join a party cross faction. Everything else would probably already work that way in instances and parties.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post

More choice is almost always a good thing in my book.
    They change things all the time and you HAVE choice, there's literally no need to change how the factions work in this game other than some people being unable to just play BOTH factions. There are MMORPG's without factions for anyone that wants that sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Moonblade View Post
    "I don't like change so I want the same exact red vs blue story to be shoehorned into everything FOREVER! What? Who cares if we worked together for about 9 of the 12 years the game has been out to kill common enemies.. ORCS VS HUMANS! ORCS VS HUMANS! ORCS VS HUMANS! RAARGH"

That's what you sound like, especially trying to malign others who want to see the game evolve a bit.
    I'm all for the game evolving, just not in retarded ways to suit people that basically want a different game altogether. Being able to group cross-faction with friends? Sure, I'd be fine with that. Removing the factions and all conflict between the Horde and Alliance because some people can't follow the story and see that there's always new reasons for conflict in a game called World of WARcraft? Fuck that silly notion. There are MMORPG's for you people out there already, WoW changing to match them wouldn't be "evolving", it has already been done.

Soon people will start to claim that the game NEEDS to change away from killing enemies, because the old formula where we kill those that would do us harm is so old and it would be much more innovative with political discussions and meetings instead...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-10-05 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Ostrich, wrong. blizzard changing things is nr. 1 reason people quit. new people coming rising the numbers back up again doesn't represent anything, but what the changes have catered to. You are trying to further change it and we are trying to defend what's left of the game after 10 years of abuse.

The day Blizzard announces final content patch and expansion for wow and if the game have it's definition intact the game will have a influx of, let me guess. 10 million players, probably more as they will bring along 5-15 million more. servers wont be ready for it. I suggest we kick out all the anti-flyers and people that make threads like these that obviously are completely focused on further destroying the game. to often for some individuals personal reasons that his m8 play on another server/faction. ADAPT. Do not ask for it to adapt to you.
    I'm sure people will come back for that indeed. There is a reason "we want vanilla servers back" topics keep popping up. But after 6/12/18 months the fun has run out and people will wonder what's going to happen next.
    I'm not saying changing the faction mechanics is the only way to go, but not changing as single thing is the quickest way to kill yourself.
    Take the mobile phone market, nokia and blueberry missed the smart phone hype and are gone. Everything has to change to survive, or people will get bored and wander off. Why create new movies, we already have plenty. Final Fantasy is running out of roman numerals because the know they have to change and adept. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Apart from the current topic change is an absolute must.
    Mind you this doesn't make the old product bad, and it will still find customers that like it or prefer it, but you will still have to innovate.

They change things all the time and you HAVE choice, there's literally no need to change how the factions work in this game other than some people being unable to just play BOTH factions. There are MMORPG's without factions for anyone that wants that sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm all for the game evolving, just not in retarded ways to suit people that basically want a different game altogether. Being able to group cross-faction with friends? Sure, I'd be fine with that. Removing the factions and all conflict between the Horde and Alliance because some people can't follow the story and see that there's always new reasons for conflict in a game called World of WARcraft? Fuck that silly notion. There are MMORPG's for you people out there already, WoW changing to match them wouldn't be "evolving", it has already been done.

Soon people will start to claim that the game NEEDS to change away from killing enemies, because the old formula where we kill those that would do us harm is so old and it would be much more innovative with political discussions and meetings instead...
    We kill enemies. Lots of enemies. Just not "enemies" who have no valid reason to kill us and if we followed the lore would get the floor wiped with them in about a month of actual conflict. We'd be focusing on the big shit, forming the army of the light and defeating the legion (I think the void lords are the big bad for the next STRATEGY game.. at least I sincerely hope), then in show something more realistic for a planet recovering from a demon raping. Read: not launching into the same pointless, tired red vs blue war that's been going on off and on for the last 12 years. That was a nice strawman, though, since I never mentioned not killing enemies.

Deleted

yeah there will be nothing left to kill if we can't kill horde or alliance. And yes Warcraft will always be about fighting things. But does it always have to run across horde/alliance lines? I think it doesn't have to.
    I actually liked the idea posted here just now about losing the ally/horde lines, but keeping the faction and creating believable conflict between those. Like the current forsaken/gilnean conflict. That one is interesting, but his little to with the rest of the horde or alliance.

I personally don't like that our character has to be 100% loyal to their faction. Like, I'm okay with Sylvanas being warchief but I don't want to swear fealty to her, which the quest pretty much forces you to do. I wish there was an alternate start to Stormheim where you go straight to Havi rather than being forced to take part in Genn and Sylvanas' petty as fuck squabble.

With that being said, I think the factions should still be there because they have their own story. I just wish I could tell Genn to fuck off, his war isn't mine, I'm going to find the pillars of creation.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    With enemies like the Legion that force all factions to band together, Blizzard's efforts at keeping the "Alliance vs Horde" alive have become all the more ridiculous, maybe even borderline retarded.
    Remember, you are not your faction. You are a member with your own allegiances, making your own story.
    You have Order Halls.
    In WoD you have followers of "enemy" races - sure, they're from Draenor, but that only justifies their lack of animosity, not yours.
    This is why it no longer makes any sense to impose the Alliance vs Horde on the player characters.

Removing the binary Alliance vs Horde limitations would be a good thing, but it would need to be done properly.
    I think we should keep the conflicts between specific capital factions - like Undercity vs Gilneas.

The "state" of these conflicts might fluctuate between conflict/truce/alliance over certain periods of time, or in certain areas of the world.
    Examples:
    - By default, earning reputation with a faction would lose you reputation with its enemies.
    - There might be periods of truce where earning reputation with one does not lower with the usual enemies.
    - There might also be places in the world where you aren't directly helping any capital faction, but gain reputation with both.
    - Some of these methods of gaining reputation without downsides might be capped at Friendly or Honored, as the goal isn't to max all factions.
    - Some conflicts might never get truce - perhaps Undercity vs Gilneas.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-10-05 at 03:03 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    That would be lame. No sane Orc would ever ally with a Human. This is WARcraft, it's about war. Not peacecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That would be lame. No sane Orc would ever ally with a Human. This is WARcraft, it's about war. Not peacecraft.
    Oh look its one of those people, that believes only the horde vs alliance war counts.
    And everything else isnt.

We have been in wars since tbc.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Segregating people based on race or nationality is frowned upon irl, why is it suddenly a good thing in the game? Just gives you less players to play with in an MMO...