Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How can one be russianphobe if they are Russian?
    Easily. Selective russophobia is what gets me through the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin's a thug and a tyrant but he's not too keen on being nuclear blast ash. It won't get that far.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    arguing about who is a good guy, russia or us is like arguing, who it's better to be eaten by, lion or a wolf.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-10-05 at 05:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    We have not threatened other countries with nuclear weapons if said countries didn't do what we wanted. We have used them as a deterrent against other nuclear capable countries that want to escalate tensions, for example the Soviet Union. So no, we haven't been playing that card. The cards we have been playing is our vast military capability without nuclear weapons, our large number of powerful allies, as well as diplomats to ensure peace. And if you want to go full tinfoil hat you could throw in the CIA as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War#Background

Right, because the Soviet Union was all for peaceful coexistence....

I'm not sure you understand what that word means.
    wikipedia isn't a reliable source, and your own historians in america are laughable, you guys can't even agree who won your civil war, or understand what happened to make the whitehouse white, and america HAS used the nuke threat since japan, to the point that even stand up comics use it for material.
    america built nukes first, russia built theirs as an answer to america's.
    irony? I dunno, being from the only country on earth to use a nuke in anger, and finger pointing at a country who built theirs to provide safety from yours, and pointing fingers about 'peaceful coexistance' while having the largest army in the world that pretty regularly goes around bombing the shit out of anything and everyone seems pretty ironic.
    And before you go there, I don't hate america, or americans, but I do hate this blind stupidity.
    But do go on, tell me about the fantastic american foreign policy maybe?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

says "What i care is that you don't pollute the threads with retarded shit which have nothing to do with the subject." Opens a new topic about Turkey, "Is War Coming"? without any understanding of the uploaded speech and its purpose.

Good times.

Deleted
    I doubt there will be a nuclear threat, but could potentially mean many fresh corpses on a lot more melting pots the world has yet to notice. Hah remembers me on good old times https://youtu.be/fUC3KqjSaOY?t=334

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    It is debatable if stalin really meant to kill and that he did not know of the consequences of his policies. However it's accepted that the famine was the result of stalin's policies and you can successfully argue that stalin meant to starve Ukrainians.
    wrong. The influence of government policies is also debatable. First of all, all-Russia famine of that scale is not a first one. Actually, famines were very frequent due to Russia's agricultural backwardness. Before that famine no one really counted deaths. And this famine was the last one (except after WW2 famine, which is understandable due to mass destruction of agricultural sector and severe loss of manpower) cause evil Stalin finally brought Russia's agriculture to the up-to-date level. Holodomor is hugely politicized topic aimed at severing Ukraine from Russia, well, its one of the tools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    ???

I was on your side, lol.
    rabid hohols are rabid. You are lucky to be over the ocean. Poor europeans will soon get some ukronazi love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    arguing about who is a good guy, russia or us is like arguing, who it's better to be eaten by, lion or a wolf.
    Here here.

It's laughable that people sit on either fence - that said at least Putin is direct with what he is doing. This thread has been rather cringey for certain people, replying with derogatory terms such as "cute" and emoji when someone presents a mature argument, bias or not is pretty fucking arrogant, not to mention childish.

You are literally contributing nothing but a counter opinion with zero substance, how is that any better than spinning a lie.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2016-10-05 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    wrong. The influence of government policies is also debatable. First of all, all-Russia famine of that scale is not a first one. Actually, famines were very frequent due to Russia's agricultural backwardness. Before that famine no one really counted deaths. And this famine was the last one (except after WW2 famine, which is understandable due to mass destruction of agricultural sector and severe loss of manpower) cause evil Stalin finally brought Russia's agriculture to the up-to-date level. Holodomor is hugely politicized topic aimed at severing Ukraine from Russia, well, its one of the tools.

- - - Updated - - -

rabid hohols are rabid. You are lucky to be over the ocean. Poor europeans will soon get some ukronazi love.
    In fairness, it's not even his fault.
    I mean I'm pretty sure some preservation instinct kicks in at a subconscious level, whenever you're faced with the grim reality that all you've done and all the human lives sacrificed for your cause were not only totally useless but actually damaging to your community.

In light of that, I kind of understand him in his stance against the reality of things.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2016-10-05 at 08:42 AM.

Let me say with the arrogance of 2000+ years of prime evolution of mankind happening in Europe... I doubt that. I don't want to see them trying, but if they do, they'll poke a bear that has never been this united and still managed to almost subjugate Russia not just once, but twice.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Let me say with the arrogance of 2000+ years of prime evolution of mankind happening in Europe... I doubt that. I don't want to see them trying, but if they do, they'll poke a bear that has never been this united and still managed to almost subjugate Russia not just once, but twice.
    Erm... by ukronazi he means the one we... ehm... support. You know... the various volunteer battalions.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Erm... by ukronazi he means the one we... ehm... support. You know... the various volunteer battalions.
    What? Who invents these shit names anyway? No wonder I'm confused half the time in these Russian threads. Nevermind then... Just don't think Ukraine is the right candidate for the EU at the moment. Or anyone, really. We need to get the shit fixed that we have until we can think about importing yet more nazis.

Really... we're nazis, Ukronazis, everyone's a nazi on the internet... according to someone on the internet.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What? Who invents these shit names anyway? No wonder I'm confused half the time in these Russian threads. Nevermind then... Just don't think Ukraine is the right candidate for the EU at the moment. Or anyone, really. We need to get the shit fixed that we have until we can think about importing yet more nazis.

Really... we're nazis, Ukronazis, everyone's a nazi on the internet... according to someone on the internet.
    Lol I do admit Ukronazi has a particular sound though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_k...munist_regimes

"while exact numbers will never be certain, the communist leaders of the USSR were responsible for no fewer than 15 million deaths"

"There is a general consensus among historians that after Mao Zedong seized power, his policies and political purges caused directly or indirectly the deaths of tens of millions of people"
    " at least 1,710,000 people were arrested and 724,000 people executed"
    for 250+ millions nation its aint really big numbers. Not even a percent. Also deaths from famine and other sources - was regular thing in this time.
    Also not Stalin arrested and killed all this ppl. Most ppl were arrested by anonymous denunciation. Also probably we need to calculate victims of democracy? Its already millions and millions innocent ppl. I just can't understand why "red terror" and one-two millions casualties is bad but many millions victims from "democracy" is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    " at least 1,710,000 people were arrested and 724,000 people executed"
    for 250+ millions nation its aint really big numbers.
    You heard it here folks: 724,000 executions isn't a big number!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    HAHAHAHA
    When Yanukovich fled to Russia (for unknown reasons, perhaps because he was using guns vs unarmed protestants) Ukrainian government was LEGALLY elected. Tsarov is russian spy, don't live in Ukraine for 2 years now and is not respected by ukrainians.
    Russian goverment IS NOT LEGAL as it was elected in Krym which is not part of paRussia.
    another brain dead kid. Who never read even his own constitution and living in country where all TV channels are prohibited except their own. And police department contains many ppl who was convicted in tortures and ppl killing. But still works as policeman because they spit off on human rights. "perfect EU country" -)

You heard it here folks: 724,000 executions isn't a big number!
    in relative numbers during Soviet Thermidor, where pro-Stalin and anti-Stalin guys were slaughtering each other + bunch of personal grudges + true criminals? Not a big number for Civil war inside a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    another brain dead kid. Who never read even his own constitution and living in country where all TV channels are prohibited except their own. And police department contains many ppl who was convicted in tortures and ppl killing. But still works as policeman because they spit off on human rights. "perfect EU country" -)
    I am just sad to see slavs put to fight each other like they put arabs in middle east.

10+ Year Old Account
    in relative numbers during Soviet Thermidor, where pro-Stalin and anti-Stalin guys were slaughtering each other + bunch of personal grudges + true criminals? Not a big number for Civil war inside a party.
    These are living people, dude... 724,000 people executed is a horrible number, by any standards, for any reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

These are living people, dude... 724,000 people executed is a horrible number, by any standards, for any reasons.
    no shit Sherlock. Civil war and the following Thermidor are horrible, especially when fucking 3 revolutions happen in a row (1905, Feb. 1917 and Oct. 1917). Also, for example, when French revolution happened it was a 1-step-shift in economical formation (Feudalism->Capitalism, Monarchy->Bourgeois Republic). In Russia of that time, capitalism was immature, and no Bourgeois Republic (or Constitutional Monarchy - yes it was one of the planned scenarios after February revolution) factually happened. So, when October revolution occurred, it was, in fact, a leap thru 2 formations instead of one, hence, a much much bigger upheaval and tectonic shifts in the society that lived in an already (even before civil war) backward country (WWI exposed its backwardness very well) that is getting ready for an upcoming WWII. Massive victims were imminent. But there would be much more victims, if reforms were not done.