Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    LOL at people calling him an SJW. His recent video kinda shows how insane the internet is over that buzzword now..... a game cant have a character who is not white or male without it being some SJW conspiracy, even if the fact the character is not a white male is... well... not important in the game at all.
    This is exactly why the SJW crowd is so immensely ludicrous. We don't give a shit what color or gender an MC has. The SJW want a female/colored version, because white and/or male is not considered representative, but oh lord if someone dislikes anything about a game with a female or colored person, it must be tha anti-SJW crowd RAAGHHH conspiracy RAAGHH

I will now attempt to watch that video of Jim Sterling that will probably ruin my taste for any of his work for a few videos to come (again) and respond to the video message in the quote.

Edit:
    Okay, I went through (I skimmed a bit) the video and what it comes down to is this; Some retards called 'internet trolls' posted some negative anti-SJW crap in the response to this game and the media is once again rolling with it going 'See! those GG guys are evil', while everyone involved (luckily so does Jim) realizes this is a very limited group belonging to neither party.

What this basically comes from, I guess, is the fact that some people relate this games existence to the fact that it has a colored person, because if it wouldn't have, it wouldn't exist. Now, I'll be the first to vehemently agree with the fact that walking sims are not games. I don't understand their existence and I feel their makers are a special kind of 'special'. Personally, I see no reason to link this to a color, race, or gender.

Which is, besides the anti-anti-SJW rhetoric, largely the point Jim is making. Gosh, common sense. We should applaud, I guess.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-09-30 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    SJW and anti-SJWs deserve each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with some of his opinions and disagree with some of them. I prefer to watch his impression videos of really bottom of the hole in the barrel that is steam games.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at people calling him an SJW. His recent video kinda shows how insane the internet is over that buzzword now..... a game cant have a character who is not white or male without it being some SJW conspiracy, even if the fact the character is not a white male is... well... not important in the game at all.
    Reminds me of that DoA beach volleyball game, where someone pretty much made a marketing campaign in the way of "SJW blocked this game in the West. But you can show them - just buy it from us, at vastly inflated promotional price." I wonder if people really bought into that - I guess some did, because they hate their supposed enemies just that much.

Or when some different developer supposedly stopped releasing their games (featuring cute anime girls, of course) in the West, because of SJWs making it difficult for them. And yet somehow I managed to grab a newest one during Steam Summer Sale. Not only that, but no angry squad of SJWs showed at my house to lynch me for it. Seems like someone did a piss poor job at censorship ... or maybe the term was used as a buzzword yet again, making a "scandal" when there wasn't one.

Sure, the issue is probably real at some points, but certain people would make me believe that there's thing giant conspiracy out to hunt down gamers for their evil perversions. I don't really need Jim Sterling to tell me this sounds absurd, but since I seem to agree with him, good for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Reminds me of that DoA beach volleyball game, where someone pretty much made a marketing campaign in the way of "SJW blocked this game in the West. But you can show them - just buy it from us, at vastly inflated promotional price." I wonder if people really bought into that - I guess some did, because they hate their supposed enemies just that much.

Or when some different developer supposedly stopped releasing their games (featuring cute anime girls, of course) in the West, because of SJWs making it difficult for them. And yet somehow I managed to grab a newest one during Steam Summer Sale. Not only that, but no angry squad of SJWs showed at my house to lynch me for it. Seems like someone did a piss poor job at censorship ... or maybe the term was used as a buzzword yet again, making a "scandal" when there wasn't one.

Sure, the issue is probably real at some points, but certain people would make me believe that there's thing giant conspiracy out to hunt down gamers for their evil perversions. I don't really need Jim Sterling to tell me this sounds absurd, but since I seem to agree with him, good for us.
    Also lets not forget Overwatch. One person made a comment that pose didnt reflect Tracer and instead would be better for another character

and there was a massive shit storm over butts right after.

Well, if you saw the video he made about rape in video games a few years back, you'd see Sterling aping exactly the same arguments as Jack Thompson, for exactly the same reasons.

I have no doubt that, if it were more profitable - or if he knew a better way for himself to make it more profitable for himself - then he'd be right there alongside him right now. But it just so happens that 'right there alongside him' currently doesn't mean anything good.

Personally, I wouldn't trust the opinions of anyone with so little integrity further than I could throw them.

But lots of people apparently do - inexplicably - trust people like that, which I suspect is why the world looks like it does right now, but hey... if that's how you wanna roll, go crazy I guess.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Stopped here because I can't take any argument serious that use's terms like SJW,Cuck and so on.
    SJW is a legit short hand for extreme regressive left. Would you prefer us to type out extreme regressive left douchebag every time?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    SJW is most often a legit lazy way to just dismiss a persons argument, a buzzword thrown around, nothing but a meaningless ad hominem, particularly in cases like this.

His video on rape in games was nothing like Jack Thompson either. If you mean this one of course.

Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-10-01 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

first 2 minutes were pretty funny

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    SJW is a legit short hand for extreme regressive left. Would you prefer us to type out extreme regressive left douchebag every time?
    It's being inflationarily used now for anything that disagrees with socially conservative and traditionalist video gamers (to put it lightly). Worse yet people have turned away from legitimate criticism of issues to feeding the echo chamber with messages of paranoia and sentiments that they originally claimed not to have all the while using /pol/ terminology. When someone says "cuck" with an earnest face thinking he said something that truly emotionally stuns a verbal opponent I can only think of this little fellow

WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Doesn't like Jim Sterling.

Doesn't like AngryJoe.

I think it's YOU Op, that I don't trust. For those 2 reasons stated above.

EDIT- As for Sterling...do I trust the guy? No, I don't trust any reviewer on anything, I make up my own mind on things. But I do enjoy his videos.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2016-10-04 at 09:26 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    I disagree with his opinions quite often (if you are talking about politics), but I watch him, because he presents his side - most of the time - in a watchable manner. So I watch/listen to him and make up my own mind.

LOL at people calling him an SJW.
    While it is kinda overused these days - no point in not calling him what he is. You just have to see, what he is talking about on twitter for example.

But like I said - he presents his point in a watchable manner so I watch them and disagree on his politics while agreeing with him on quite a few other topics (like micro-transactions and so on).
    Last edited by mmoc8d59f12786; 2016-10-04 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    His video on rape in games was nothing like Jack Thompson either...
    You mean besides being exactly the same. And I don't mean the rhetoric, I mean the premises. The important part.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    You mean besides being exactly the same. And I don't mean the rhetoric, I mean the premises. The important part.
    So Jim sterling saying he would defend the right to have rape in games is similar to Jack Thompson's premise that violent games make murderers and should be banned how?

If you're going to qoute me it would be better if you actually had an argument. Anyone watching sterling's video will clearly see he is not about removing rape from games nor that those who play games with rape in will become more liable to rape.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    So Jim sterling saying he would defend the right to have rape in games is similar to Jack Thompson's premise that violent games make murderers and should be banned how?

If you're going to qoute me it would be better if you actually had an argument. Anyone watching sterling's video will clearly see he is not about removing rape from games nor that those who play games with rape in will become more liable to rape.
    Since rape isn't actually in games we play (aside from the laughable reference to it in Tomb Raider)..why is this a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Since rape isn't actually in games we play (aside from the laughable reference to it in Tomb Raider)..why is this a thing?
    I don't know why Jim made the video, I can only assume that at the time there was a particular interest in the subject.
    Rape isn't in many modem games for sure, if I ever had a choice in game I wouldn't ever do it though, so not sure if that anecdotally validates some of what he says.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, he tears shitty games to shreds, because the "developers" have the audacity to charge money for their filth. He is an entertainer, and being overcritical to the point of bordering on parody is part of his persona.
    If you take away that persona, what you are left with is something as simple as "Don't buy this game. Don't support the people who knowingly flood our game market with shitty products, hoping that you will mistakenly buy them."
    He is a "SJW", because that's what he believes. You don't have to agree with everything that someone says or believes. I disagree with a lot of the views he has on social issues, but he at least usually presents his opinion in a way that is based on perspective, which allows for agreement or disagreement, without the need to defend ones opinions. You could view the exact same issue 100 different ways, by seeing it through the eyes of 100 different people.
    Total Biscuit is bad at, and doesn't like puzzle games. If he does an impressions video on a puzzle game, and hates it, does that mean that he is wrong? That's the best part about Youtube creators, you can learn what they like and dislike, so you can base your judgement off of viewing their videos from YOUR perspective. Jim does the same thing, he just does it through the use of a persona.

Again, if you actually read stuff like Kotaku, you would see that ''SJW propaganda'' boil down to a single paragraph in a review saying essentially ''it's great to have a gay character that is non stereotypical in DA3'' and that the ''campaign to ban games'' boil down to a couple of articles sarcastical about DOAX and even there the bulk of the criticism is toward the abuse of DLCs...

IE, oh boy, it's going to be fun to see some people defend digital homicide because the have been told that Sterling ''is a SJW''.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, if you actually read stuff like Kotaku, you would see that ''SJW propaganda'' boil down to a single paragraph in a review saying essentially ''it's great to have a gay character that is non stereotypical in DA3'' and that the ''campaign to ban games'' boil down to a couple of articles sarcastical about DOAX and even there the bulk of the criticism is toward the abuse of DLCs...

IE, oh boy, it's going to be fun to see some people defend digital homicide because the have been told that Sterling ''is a SJW''.
    Incoherent argument /check
    No idea what this thread is about, but let's spew political bile anyways /check
    Putting words and thoughts in others' mouths and minds /check

Yeah, you're totally not exactly the stereotype that's the cause of all this mess to begin with.

So yeah, anti-SJW here. Good on Jim that he's defending himself, because, these developers are douches. Clearly. Plus, freedom of speech, freedom of mind. Think for yourself. That's also a stab at the quotee.

What is incoherent in stating that a review that mention ''oh, it's nice to have diversity in the cast'' are (for instance) not ''pushing poltiics'' ?