Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    This pretty closely mirrors my thoughts. I did a bunch of 6-9s last night, and I switched back and forth a few times. I think Outlaw is better if you need power on trash and you burn CDs there. If you need to concentrate more on bosses (either for group comp, or Tyrannical, etc) then Sub is probably stronger.

Without using CDs, Sub is better for sustained AE. If you're burning CDs on trash, Outlaw will be far better. The boss damage is more consistent as Sub. If your group already has strong AE, I'd probably just play Sub, but if you have, say, a Feral/SP/etc. it makes more sense to go Outlaw and blow everything on trash.
    Did u try more than one build with sub ? i tried the clasic 2213211 and 2213213 both with good very good result, DFA is surprisingly strong on cleave. I did not try MfD yet but i don't know if it's worth, with suriken storms bringing so much CP, probably gona try in a lower one this week to see how it feels. I also tryed some wierd build with vigor and alacrity but without much sucess...

I've been running 1230011. I really dislike the way Sub plays on ST without Vigor. I will drop it if I get the SS boots, but I've tried a few times without and I just really dislike it. Only getting 3 SS's is very unstatisfying. The animation for DFA is very distracting, and you get less SD charges by using it (energy from stealth = more CP = faster resets). MfD may be a better choice (and certainly is on trash), but I didn't respec to it for the M+ we were doing. I may actually play Vigor/MfD tonight for our Heroic clear and see if I like that better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    I've been running 1230011. I really dislike the way Sub plays on ST without Vigor. I will drop it if I get the SS boots, but I've tried a few times without and I just really dislike it. Only getting 3 SS's is very unstatisfying. The animation for DFA is very distracting, and you get less SD charges by using it (energy from stealth = more CP = faster resets). MfD may be a better choice (and certainly is on trash), but I didn't respec to it for the M+ we were doing. I may actually play Vigor/MfD tonight for our Heroic clear and see if I like that better.
    Yeah vigor and DS are super close anyway. I think you should go with weapon master tho it's siming better now especially on 2+ ( there was a bug ) and even if it's prty close on ST it's better for AoE. MFD might be good I rly need to try, I think it might be worth it. You should not underestimate DFA power, since they buffed it the AoE part of it is actually prty decent.

It really doesn't take much gear for Outlaw to fall behind.

In mythic raids Outlaw is last overall already according to warcraftlogs. It'll only get worse as people get more sub and assassination traits/gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    It really doesn't take much gear for Outlaw to fall behind.

In mythic raids Outlaw is last overall already according to warcraftlogs. It'll only get worse as people get more sub and assassination traits/gear.
    Outlaw is always going to be very strong in mythic plus because of the MFD -> RT with BF . Good buff management also make it so you can have high uptime on CDs for trash. Even in Sims outlaw doesn't have fall behind befor 865-870 witch is patchwork fight that have not been in game since 8+ years. Outlaw is excellent for mythic + and has some very strong fight in EN .. probably the 2 hardest one in mythic ( il'gynoth, cenarius)