Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That would be lame. No sane Orc would ever ally with a Human. This is WARcraft, it's about war. Not peacecraft.
    Seem to remember an Orc and a Human teaming up in the Mists of Pandaria intro and still getting their asses handed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Honestly, I'd prefer something along the lines of:

- Keep factions for open world
    - allow:
    - Cross faction communication
    - Cross faction guilds
    - Cross faction groups/raids for instanced content
    This makes sense. Player guilds and groups should be able to circumvent the faction restrictions for instanced content. Keep the world content and capital cities unchanged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    They had this in EQ2 and I thought it was an awesome idea. It was a lot more difficult that just an NPC showing up. You actually had to sneak into the opposing factions capitol and meet your "contact" that would go to the Overlord or King and vouch for you. I would like to see this incorporated in WoW... the only issue I would see is the Alliance would NEVER accept an Orc and the Horde would NEVER accept a Human.. these two have been at it since the beginning of times.
    I would have thought that too; however, we see multiple examples of Horde and Alliance races working together in 3rd party factions. Darkmoon Faire, Twilight Hammer, Cenarion circle, etc. I think the underlying thought is, how many times do people switch sides because the side they fight for no longer fights for the same goals.
    Last edited by -Joker-; 2016-10-05 at 04:12 PM. Reason: fixed grammar error

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    WOW. That's far away from truth. Nobody planned to form the Horde that exists now. Circumstances led to it.

Horde - Alliance relationship has always been a primary POV as far a story telling is considered. I agree Blizz have been singing the same song "greater threat - keep aside your difference - and fight united". But that bad story telling.

H vs A - is going to stay.
    How is that far from the truth?

Sylvanas looked for a greater body to protect her and her people. She could have never held off against both horde AND alliance. The horde (formed in WCIII) was comprised of trolls, tauren, and orcs. When WoW started he inclusion of the forsaken was out of necessity on the part of the forsaken. The horde didn't NEED them, THEY (the forsaken) needed the horde.

Sylvanas has always been a wild card, and done her own thing. Seen in WotLK and in Cataclysm. In cataclysm in particular Garrosh established a strong orc presence in Lordaeron for the sole purpose of keeping the forsaken part of his war machine, and keeping watch over Sylvanas.

So no... not "far away from truth".

10+ Year Old Account
    Just letusdo PvE content together atleast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Ostrich, wrong. blizzard changing things is nr. 1 reason people quit. new people coming rising the numbers back up again doesn't represent anything, but what the changes have catered to. You are trying to further change it and we are trying to defend what's left of the game after 10 years of abuse.

The day Blizzard announces final content patch and expansion for wow and if the game have it's definition intact the game will have a influx of, let me guess. 10 million players, probably more as they will bring along 5-15 million more. servers wont be ready for it. I suggest we kick out all the anti-flyers and people that make threads like these that obviously are completely focused on further destroying the game. to often for some individuals personal reasons that his m8 play on another server/faction. ADAPT. Do not ask for it to adapt to you.
    (1) You don't speak for everyone
    (2) You don't even speak for the "purist" as you claim to be, as most "purists" want flying removed.
    (3) Completely fabricated numbers that aren't based in fact or real data "i bet if they did (x), (y) would happen"
    (3a) You don't know the number 1 reason why people "quit". You don't have access to that data.
    (3b) You have no idea what their servers are capable of these days (i mean do it... name 1 fact about servers, specs? number of servers?) so how can you make the claim they wouldn't be able to handle an additional 5-15 million more... and where do you get those numbers? I'm pretty sure I know where you pulled it from...

- - - Updated - - -

you already are.

stop forced homogenization of both wow and rl. this is a subject to /retire over it speaks for the total destruction of everything that is WoW. You want to party with gnomes and humans as undead? Then go to a BG and dance with them! Join with em on TS and kill each-other! ADAPT. Do not ask the world to adapt to you.
    Nobody seems to bat an eye at same faction RBGs, or that sometimes you are put on alliance side when horde. Not sure why this is such an affront to everything good and holy about WoW.

This thread has skirted the line on the discussion of race. Please keep our rules and regulations in mind while posting. This is the only warning the thread will receive.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Why always wanting to change things
    Some things are not meant to change

Bowser will always kidnap the princess
    Link will always fight Ganon
    Horde will always fight the Alliance
    That is a bad example cause...

We have cases were Bowser don't kidnap the princess (But Mario -there is a Princess Peach game-), and there are a couple of Zelda games were Ganon is not even in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I'm not looking at this from a Horde or Alliance perspective, I'm looking for what would make a good story. To me the faction war is milked to death and is neither fun nor good. Even if they ramped it up and went full on war (which they tried halfassed in cata and didn't really pan out I think) it would not interest me much.
    I do think that slowly working to situation where they do not keep inventing reasons to drag out the conflict further, but instead try to work towards the factions starting to work together for real could work. This would create new and interesting story opportunities. And I see exactly those things happening in the class halls, characters working together regardless of race or faction. And they are good stories.

Not that I expect such a thing to happen, but it's fun to speculate.
    Actually, you will be surprised how much does faction war fuel WoW, it may not be the main fuel for their story, but it is for their community (and that's why its needed)

7+ Year Old Account
    We can't all be friends
    You come get the voodoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You know nothing of whom I speak for. Here's a hint, you.
    2. Where do I claim to be purist? Will you stop making silly assumptions and suggestions? Like that these purists are any larger number than the 100? You don't know how right you are though, but it's a completely different subject which is class balance.
    3. Complete ignorance from your side.
    3a. It is a well known fact. You don't know what I know and you don't seem to know anything.
    3b. I can't believe I have to reply to this.

Try asking Paladins what's holy about wow.
    Not sure why you are here, because it definitely isn't an attempt to have discussion.

(1) unintelligible
    (2)
    You are trying to further change it and we are trying to defend what's left of the game after 10 years of abuse.
    That pretty must establishes your frustration regarding all the terrible changes the game has gone through. Wanting to maintain what you perceive is the last remnants that are "left of the game" is indicative of a self proclaimed "purist". Give me vanilla, or give me death!
    (3) Is it... because I am still not seeing a source. This is called deflection, and an example of your lack of effort to have any sort of discussion
    (3a) More deflection
    (3b) More deflection still

Holy paladins: Ignoring a valid point. An example of a quasi intermingling of race/faction that everyone has been perfectly content to ignore despite its implications of pulling one out of the "immersive experience".

So if you're here to discuss... discuss. If not, kindly leave.

Deleted
    Don't pretend Horde vs Alliance exist, especially after MoP, because Red-Alliance (traitors) saved the Alliance SO MANY times. I've lost the count.

10+ Year Old Account
    You who started the list of denial could try a little harder. And your still making assumptions. Please do us all a favor and leave. You have been told very clearly. NO. You are asking to make water into poison. You are. It is nothing to discuss and I thought trolling threads were quickly closed.
    I make assumptions and you make baseless claims. You are still deflecting and the only trolling going on here is you. Enjoy your time out.

Deleted
    I d like to see a way to do PVE content with other faction members, as it is possible to make cross faction guilds in TESO. There is no point in having faction segregation for PVE (and even for open world it is debatable as the open world content in expansion is no longer designed with having two opposing faction).

Even on so called PVP sever you often see some massive imbalances between horde and alliance, with everybody going to the server with the most players from their faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Actually, you will be surprised how much does faction war fuel WoW, it may not be the main fuel for their story, but it is for their community (and that's why its needed)
    Interesting perspective.

You don't think you could fuel the same conflict between players based on actual in game decisions?

The story could actually still play out the same way, but your decisions determine "faction".

Just as a quick (probably poor) example.

What if on the decision of Sylvanas being given the mantle of Warchief you (as the player/revered hero) are asked to cast a vote. Yay or nay.

Yay: Story plays out as we have seen.
    Nay: She drops your ass and you enjoy the Vol'jin funeral pyre from the comfort of the spirit healer.

From there, in all of the Broken isles, you are part of a faction that opposes Sylvanas.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    it was when cross servers was not a thing, now it doesent matter
    ? My server was 90% alliance before Cross server.

Deleted
    Dino you know it's really hard not to just laugh of you with that sig. May wanna start following your own advices Mr. Chaos.

This is not TESO nor FFXIV. Both of which are scrap games.
    TESO has a very good multi faction pvp system though. Much better than wow's (which has been forsaken after vanilla, open world pvp has simply 0 impact on anything). Even on PVP server people very often don't even fight when they encounter a member from the opposing faction (too much of a hassle).

In wow I have friends both on the alliance and on the horde side and would like to play in PVE with both, but it s simply impossible with the current system.

Good job on finding the intended purpose of my avatar though.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-05 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine essentially removing factions. Sure, leave them there purely for aesthetic. Maybe limit capital cities and towns to their respective factions, but open up everything else. Blizzard is essentially cutting the playerbase in half. There's around 50% of players I cannot interact with because of factions.

I've never heard a convincing argument to keep them; reading the thread there's no real good argument here either. The opposition mainly just wants to have conflict for the sake of conflict.

WPvP is dead, and has been for almost 11 years, ever since instanced pvp rolled out. Instanced PvP can easily be made to work with no factions. You could even do a mercenary-esque fix where whatever faction you play on, your team appears to be that faction, and the enemy team is the other faction, regardless of actual race/faction choice.

Essentially doubling the number of friends you can play with would be incredible, and would pose little to no drawback.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Might as well encourage Blizz to completely eliminate all remaining vestiges of RPG, right?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You want to remove something that IS World of Warcraft.

So WoW is only 2 factions. Nothing else makes wow what it is?